Home

A fatal flaw with offline Diamond Dynasty (at least in my opinion)

This is a discussion on A fatal flaw with offline Diamond Dynasty (at least in my opinion) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2018, 04:40 PM   #1
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0
A fatal flaw with offline Diamond Dynasty (at least in my opinion)

As I am closing in on my first completion of DD (this year) it occurred to me that there is, at least in my opinion, a bit of a fatal flaw in the concept.

If you play online then, if you choose, you can throw together your best team and go play ranked Seasons. It is in your best interest to play your best lineup in that mode.

In offline, there is no real reason to put missions aside and just play with your best cards. My conquest lineup is full of rookie and impact veteran cards right now in order to try and complete their conquest missions while I have better players riding the bench. When I get those missions done then there are any other number of missions I can start which again mean I will probably need to not play my best lineup.

After a while it feels like you are grinding with no purpose and no goal beyond acquiring another player, who you might feel compelled to sit to do the next mission.

I don't know what the answer is but I would love to see a offline mode next year that entices players to use their best cards. Maybe a short season or tournament mode with rewards for certain goals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2018, 05:19 PM   #2
Pro

shark547's Arena

Re: A fatal flaw with offline Diamond Dynasty (at least in my opinion)

I would like that! I like to play with my APBA team! Not necessarily the best team, but, it would be cool if there were some missions that allowed me to play who I want!
Old 03-25-2018, 12:24 PM   #3
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Re: A fatal flaw with offline Diamond Dynasty (at least in my opinion)

I am still struggling with this, which is a bad sign after only 2 days.

I finished the Conquest map. I still have a few missions for conquest that need to be completed but wanted to take a break from that mode for a little bit. I played the Starter mission game vs the Yankees and enjoyed that and now I am at a loss.

Shoot last year at release we at least had the team epics that required 60 total games be played vs the CPU. That at least gave you some incentive beyond just needing to accumulate single game stats for a player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »