Home

Online Stats

This is a discussion on Online Stats within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2018, 01:36 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Online Stats

Was checking out my year to year online stats in the universal profile and while my batting average has taken a slight dip from .302 in 17 to .276 in 18 my ERA has gone from 2.50 in 17 to 0.98 in 18 and here is where it gets stupid my k/9 went from 9.07 in 17 to 0.66 in 18!!!! .66 k/9 but a sub 1.00 era lol please bring back the fastball
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2018, 06:47 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Online Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
Was checking out my year to year online stats in the universal profile and while my batting average has taken a slight dip from .302 in 17 to .276 in 18 my ERA has gone from 2.50 in 17 to 0.98 in 18 and here is where it gets stupid my k/9 went from 9.07 in 17 to 0.66 in 18!!!! .66 k/9 but a sub 1.00 era lol please bring back the fastball
The strikeouts are nuts this yr. In franchise on all star I avg 12 Ks, with my starters, usually around 20 per game with the staff.
DD my k/9 has been around 12. And I'm not a throw it anywhere suck the fun out of it kind of player. On 0-2, you're gonna prob get a pitch way out. Other than that, I consider myself to be very fair in that respect.
Granted I have some guys who are really high k guys on my staff, (no diamond lvl guys though) but there's a ton of swing and miss. Not sure how, but I find that the up and in fb is an almost unhittable pitch online. I don't care for the slight slowdown as it comes in on the plate when I'm pitching, but seeing guys swing and miss with such regularity (like giancarlo Stanton and his 2 5k games IRL) is a big diff from last yr.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:49 PM   #3
Pro

Who do you have on your staff?
Old 04-11-2018, 07:03 PM   #4
MVP

You get 12 Ks/9 in online ranked seasons!?! I can strike the cpu out easily but against humans it's all ground outs and pop ups
Old 04-11-2018, 08:12 PM   #5
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
You get 12 Ks/9 in online ranked seasons!?! I can strike the cpu out easily but against humans it's all ground outs and pop ups
Im betting hes talking about playing the computer, which is an entirely different animal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2018, 07:59 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
No, I was saying offline with only my starters I get at least 12ks. Online I range from 6 to 10. I got the snot knocked out of me 7-3 last night, but still had 9 Ks with othani. Overall I had racked up 14 Ks w/my pitchers online. Just made a few bad pitches... and the guy I was playing kept pausing 2 or 3 times btwn every pitch... thought the timer was supposed to go down. Kept setting back to 3:15.

Depending on who I pitch with though I do rack up quite a few Ks. And like I said I don't throw garbage for free swingers. I try to keep the ball if not in the zone, around it.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:14 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 2

How in the world are u getting 14ks and keeping the ball in the zone? Even ****ty players PCI takes up a 1/3 of the zone this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-13-2018, 05:42 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
How in the world are u getting 14ks and keeping the ball in the zone? Even ****ty players PCI takes up a 1/3 of the zone this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I pitched with Othani... he's got good stuff, and some nasty breaking pitches. Got him in a pack and figured I'd give him a go even though hes a 75 rn. He can hit too. But my staff is usually
Severino
Greinke
Tanaka
Keuchal
And I switch up my 5th pitcher... like othani, robbie ray, quintana and Brad fullmer. Sometimes I put verlander and carlos Martinez out there also.
Some guys just throw heat, or have good breaking stuff. Plus I try to pitch differently in counts. I don't throw an 0-2 fb, or a 2-1 fb... 3-2 I switch things up. I try not to be predictable in counts, so u get a lot of swing and misses. Only thing with that though is that if I make a bad pitch, like I did in my loss the other day they get rocked. A couple of meatballs and I'm done. I have a solid lineup and bench, but I'm usually just late or a little too early in my swings.

But btwn hitting and pitching I really prefer to pitch. I played baseball for a long time, and I'm not saying that it carries over into a video game. But I think the concept of pitching, like where and when to throw certain pitches def helps. Or maybe I'm just lucky in that respect. I get a lot of fouled off balls too... so my pitch coubts get up there... Dunno... but that's the truth.

Last edited by BIGROC; 04-13-2018 at 05:49 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »