Home

Capture Missions

This is a discussion on Capture Missions within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2018, 09:02 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Capture Missions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdfc
My nightmare cards were Brandon Crawford and JD Martinez. I would NEVER get grounders to short when he's at 2nd, and when I had him behind the plate literally everything was a grounder to short. And then JD, oh JD. I could get doubles all day when the bases were empty. But if I had a runner on? Guaranteed grounder. infuriating it was
Crawford took me forever, too. I'd throw every pitch low in the zone and get hardly any grounders. Once I finally completed the mission and took him out of my lineup, all of a sudden I was getting tons of grounders pitching the same way. Very fishy indeed...
Old 04-07-2018, 10:51 AM   #18
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

I’m convinced something is going on underneath the hood when you have conquest mission players in your lineup. I’ve seen some strange stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2018, 03:15 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Brandon Crawford assists I was advised to put him as catcher, throw strikeout pitches low out of the zone and when he dropped a few, throw to first base. Assists done in one inning. I'd been trying with him in the field for 8 games...
Old 04-07-2018, 04:51 PM   #20
Pro

Braeden's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
I’m convinced something is going on underneath the hood when you have conquest mission players in your lineup. I’ve seen some strange stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I popped up a bunt into a triple play...

I think I just suck.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:59 PM   #21
Rookie

I think I must have got lucky with Brett as it didn't take me too long to get his.

It took me ages to get JD and then eventually when I did I hit two, two run home runs with him in the one game.

Has taken me ages and still can't complete Crawford....seem to never get ground balls hit to him.

Haven't had Baines long but I put him at 1st to get the two putouts and he just dropped every throw that was thrown to him?!?!

Green has been my biggest frustration - I've followed someone elses suggestion to do the double steal with Reynolds ahead of him and it has worked plenty of times but can't get the two hits. Except for one game when I did but then for some reason it didn't credit me with the mission. Definitely got 2 hits and definitely got a steal....I was so stoked because it had taken me so long so was unbelievably frustrating to get ripped off like that.

I wanted to speak to (or complain to) technical support but I couldn't really find anyone to contact. Is there a link to technical support or just tough luck?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2018, 11:28 PM   #22
Pro

shark547's Arena

I got pretty lucky with Green and got the steal straight up the first time I tried it.

Just finally beat the Cubs on HOF for the Extreme conquest...it took me a few games...I can hit just fine....can't stop the computer from mashing....my pitchers miss there spots by a full foot....finally didn't happen this last game.

I don't think I can take much of that.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:27 AM   #23
Rookie

Finally got the hit and steal for Murphy but then couldn't bring him in for the run from 2nd base with 0 outs (with Braun, Bellinger & Alex Gordon at the plate). I suck!!!

Another strange thing I've had with my missions is that I've had Alvarez in my rotation for about 30-35 games and he hasn't been picked as the starting pitcher once. Beginning to think there is something wrong with my Alvarez, ha. Once he finally gets a start is there any tips I need to know to make sure he can get through the 3 IP?
Old 04-09-2018, 02:41 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdavo4
Finally got the hit and steal for Murphy but then couldn't bring him in for the run from 2nd base with 0 outs (with Braun, Bellinger & Alex Gordon at the plate). I suck!!!

Another strange thing I've had with my missions is that I've had Alvarez in my rotation for about 30-35 games and he hasn't been picked as the starting pitcher once. Beginning to think there is something wrong with my Alvarez, ha. Once he finally gets a start is there any tips I need to know to make sure he can get through the 3 IP?
My tip would be play on rookie against a below average side with your best lineup available. If you can get the jump on them early you should be ok.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »