Home

Team epics

This is a discussion on Team epics within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2018, 06:03 PM   #25
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Team epics

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Pretty much exactly what I expected. Nvw we just have to find out what ridiculous amount of bobbleheads and signatures we'll need to trade in for every team to get our Matt Garza

Also an awful lot of high contact, bad power players who unfortunately are bordering on useless this year. Some great pitchers though
I hope it is not too many. The grind for pitcher and batter stats should be enough without needing a bunch of souvenirs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2018, 06:37 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Pretty much exactly what I expected. Nvw we just have to find out what ridiculous amount of bobbleheads and signatures we'll need to trade in for every team to get our Matt Garza

Also an awful lot of high contact, bad power players who unfortunately are bordering on useless this year. Some great pitchers though
Last years diamond players were all above 90... IIRC... I don't know how 85 is now the cut. Looking through the mission requirements, why the f are there bobble heads and 'autographed baseballs'? It's an impossibly stupid addition to squeeze ppl who love the mode. Now instead of getting a sponsor and players, it's making it more difficult to get players, unless you're ready to spend like a champ and buy players on the market. I've gotten my team up to an 81 with all golds and 2 silvers. But I have a feeling when they adjust the ratings a few will go into diamond lvls.

I hate hate hate the fact that they're adding superfluous crap that has ZERO impact on playability. Unless you want to finish the epics, and get the reward. Which was awesome last yr, and they had to tinker and take 2 steps back.

I like battle royal for instance, but I don't want to be forced into playing it in order to get a card (winning 20 games) for missions.

I don't know what some of the thinking was surrounding the new set up for DD. It has the power to be the best mode in the game. Def the best 'card collection' game on the market. But it is taking a VERY EA kind of a turn with a ton of investment time wise (and money wise... I played a guy who had an entire team of diamonds).

Really hope that they rethink some of this because I've loved DD in 17, and that kept me playing through winter. Not franchise or RttS. Can't say that the same can be said as it stands right now.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:52 PM   #27
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROC
Last years diamond players were all above 90... IIRC... I don't know how 85 is now the cut. Looking through the mission requirements, why the f are there bobble heads and 'autographed baseballs'? It's an impossibly stupid addition to squeeze ppl who love the mode.
First the 85's this year are equal to 90's last year. They are both low diamonds.

secondly we don't know how many Souvenirs will be needed. I am willing to wait until Friday to make my decision. At least no Epic will require you buy a Trout or Altuve priced diamond to complete the Epic. I would guess that they will be cheaper overall this year.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:53 PM   #28
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
I hope it is not too many. The grind for pitcher and batter stats should be enough without needing a bunch of souvenirs.
Exactly. The most annoying part is when he proudly said "the exchange parts of only worth 5%", as if that somehow made it better? What % it gives me is completely irrelevant, the relevant part is how much of this forced nonsense I have to trade in and how many stubs that is going to cost me. If anything the fact that it's for a low % makes it worse, it's costing you a fortune and not really getting you anywhere, but is necessary to get the overall mission done.

Like you say, I hope it's not too many, but any at all is too many in my book as they serve no purpose but to waste my time and stubs. At least in the past when you had to collect cards yo at least ended up with useable cards, exchange missions may as well just say "give 5k stubs" and save us all a lot of time and wasted post game and pack cards
Old 04-11-2018, 07:13 PM   #29
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

Please stop including the souvenirs in EVERYTHING.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:15 PM   #30
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19
Please stop including the souvenirs in EVERYTHING.
But then you won't spend money!
Old 04-11-2018, 07:20 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Just out of curiosity....did you guys actually enjoy collecting EVERY live series player for a team last year? Because I sure didn't, and I was pretty much blocked from completing most of the team epics because of it.

At least with this setup I feel like nothing is completely gated from me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2018, 07:25 PM   #32
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Just out of curiosity....did you guys actually enjoy collecting EVERY live series player for a team last year? Because I sure didn't, and I was pretty much blocked from completing most of the team epics because of it.

At least with this setup I feel like nothing is completely gated from me.
Eh, only if I was close to one would I actively go after it. Unless it was my preferred team, in which case I go after it ASAP

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »