Home

Team epics

This is a discussion on Team epics within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2018, 04:11 PM   #57
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Team epics

Yeah it's pretty tough to even get the second card, you either need to do all 3 exchanges or do one of the huge stats missions (with the huge PA and IP totals that make there no quick or skill based way of completing them)
Old 04-13-2018, 04:50 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've just redeemed each starter card and put the first guy that came up at each position in the team.

Same with pitching.

Going to do every teams first task and then go from there. Earns about 7500 stubs. Shame that Altuve, Sandburg, Kershaw etc aren't the players that are the actual rewards....

Jim Edmonds used again. Anyone know if the developers can just use whoever they like or do they have to pay a commission of some kind to use these player cards? Some very odd choices for teams.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:02 PM   #59
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I'm in absolutely no rush for these. Happily sold off all my TEX souvenirs to the eager to get it done guys. Made some crazy stubs today...easily like 10k profit. I'll chip away at these when I feel like it. I still rather grind towards the immortal goals because those are the end game cards and best of the best.

The 500 AB's and 200 IP is way worse to me than the souvenirs. Those #'s are just absurd. You have to grind a solid 15 hours of game time to hit those. That's absolutely flying through games against the CPU on rookie.

So 75 hours for 5% taken away from an immortal? Hell nah lol. I'm just gonna hope I get somewhat close to a few goals while organically playing the game.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 04-13-2018, 05:08 PM   #60
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
1500 points worth of autographs (10), 3000 points worth of bobbleheads (24) and 23000 points worth of players, for each team! Seriously, they are taking absolute liberties at this point.
The amount of exchange required for the level of reward you're getting at the end is ridiculous, but unsurprising at this point.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:19 PM   #61
ND

NDAlum's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19
The amount of exchange required for the level of reward you're getting at the end is ridiculous, but unsurprising at this point.
Not only stubs but the TIME, which is far more valuable than the stubs IMO. The demands are just crazy. Some of the end cards are golds...get the heck outta here with that. Absolutely not worth it IMO

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2018, 05:42 PM   #62
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Not only stubs but the TIME, which is far more valuable than the stubs IMO. The demands are just crazy. Some of the end cards are golds...get the heck outta here with that. Absolutely not worth it IMO
Even a lot of the diamonds are high contact, low power guys who are absolutely useless this year. I made a list of the evenly vaguely useful cards to me and it's about 6 long, the majority of which are decent but not great starting pitchers. Not a single card that looks worth the effort required
Old 04-13-2018, 05:54 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

A lot of unhappy people on the Shownation forum.

Any chance the developers, who apparently read said forum, ratchet down the numbers required?

The Immortals look like they'll take less time to finish at this point.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:16 PM   #64
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Yeah the idea that completing 5 of these is somehow a good alternative to getting an immortal 5% seems pretty deluded. That's 1000 innings pitched, 2500 plate appearances and it's not even cheaper than the jerseys as you'd have to buy 50 autographs and 120 bobbleheads.

I really don't know how these things get through without anyone mentioning how over the top they are?

on the plus side, this games obsession with giving me Rougned odor memorabilia has finally become pretty helpful. I've made about 15k from just his cards that it constantly spams me with

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »