Home

5 Quick Fixes to Vastly Improve DD

This is a discussion on 5 Quick Fixes to Vastly Improve DD within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2018, 06:45 AM   #1
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
5 Quick Fixes to Vastly Improve DD

#1 - Clean up the fielding
The balls into the outfield that have fielders not register the ball is coming to them and rolling to the wall is a pretty big issue that can be the main factor in a game.

#2 - Up pitch speed
It's still not fast enough as most people are early or just early on most swings. Guys who throw 100 mph still don't force opponents to really look fastball first.

#3 - Improve user input accuracy
We've all had issues of our PCI moving and our analog pitching results not reflect what the meter displayed.

#4 - Create a hitting balance
They guys with power are OP at this point. Let's make the contact guys be more viable options. Not sure if exit velo's are just too high due to power or what but it's the clear meta rating right now.

#5 - Eliminate the freeze glitch
I don't know how to do it but have seen some streamers wear L's because their opponent will sit in the pause screen infinitely. Any type of competitive glitch of this nature needs to be handled immediately. If I get on a 11-0 BR run and get hit by this I'll rage.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2018, 09:43 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 2
Re: 5 Quick Fixes to Vastly Improve DD

I endorse all these changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-25-2018, 11:54 AM   #3
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

OVR: 0

I agree with these, I have a feeling fielding isnt a quick fix though, this game still has the same fielding problems theyve had for years.

Defense needs a total overhaul. Everything from fielders not even realizing the ball is coming to them all the way to stuff like the way they differentiate between good and bad fielders. The difference between a gold glover and some scrub at a position in this game is that the game just makes you take forever to throw balls. Its stupid. I want Andrelton Simmons feel like Andrelton Simmons.

Last edited by mikeq672; 04-25-2018 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:52 PM   #4
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Yes please fix this stuff....add baserunner speed to the list also. I’m tired of guys with 38 speed beating out squibs between the catcher and pitcher hit on the 3rd base side....under this idiotic logic every guy with 90 speed or higher should beat out every ground ball to the left side of the infield.

I just lost a Ranked Season game because of #1 and the base running speed crap. Great 0-0 game in the 9th inning. Both of have pitched a gem. He hits a slow roller to first that my firstbasemen flat out ignores and rolls slowly to the outfield and his 27 speed player ends up on second. He then hits a squib with 38 speed Adrian Gonzalez who beats it out to first....ridiculous. He never sent his runner from second so he now has runners on first and second. He then hits another slow roller to shortstop and somehow his slow player goes from second to home and just slides in under the tag. Game over I lose 1-0. He was running on the pitch but a guy that slow should not be able to from 2nd to Home on a ball hit to shortstop period. It also didn’t help that my shortstop took forever to transfer the ball from his glove to throwing hand and made a lazy throw home....another problem the OP mentions that must be fixed. Annoying to lose ganes like this
Old 04-25-2018, 08:57 PM   #5
Pro

shark547's Arena

I can agree with most. Not the fastball thing though. A lot of people can't handle faster pitch speeds so they would be shrinking the people who can play it. I tried to get my family in to this game years ago and they all gave up.

Online modes really have to be accessible to more people to be successful.

The fielding thing drives me nuts. Running to a ball and the fielder doesn't even bother to put his glove down, I don't remember that.

I also don't understand why it takes so long to throw the ball. I barely turn routine double plays because of it. Meanwhile the computer turns crazy fast double plays on 90 plus speed runners. It should be the same for both sides.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2018, 10:58 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 2

The double play thing has been driving me crazy lately. It’s like you can only turn them if a pitcher is running to first.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-26-2018, 06:23 AM   #7
Pro

Geolink's Arena

OVR: 4

You forgot to add NERF THE BASERUNNING SUCCESS.

You're telling me I can't throw out a 40-60 speed runner with low stealing rating with GARY FREAKING SANCHEZ'S arm?!

Now, I don't know if this is due to the fact that I don't use button accuracy, but I'm having at least a below 20% success throwing runners out.

Sanchez can barely contain a pitch low and outside and now you're telling me I can't use his one strength in throwing guys out?
Old 04-26-2018, 06:29 AM   #8
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I don't disagree that we could expand this list...this a list of my top 5 issues. I would hope they aren't over the top difficult to fix.

It's been stated on twitter that the PCI fix is in the works. I really hope this applies to analog pitching as well. It's frustrating to get a perfect release in the spot you want and have the pitch miss the spot.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »