Home

Immortal Musial

This is a discussion on Immortal Musial within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2018, 08:18 AM   #9
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Immortal Musial

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Not defending them at all but if they didn’t offer any specific reward for events or RS there would be no reason to play them if you could obtain the card another way. That said I agree with virtually every post in this thread.
That's fine, but all other event and RS rewards can be bought and sold, so offline players can still get those cards. The issue here is that these rewards are not sellable, so offline players have literally no way of getting the Musial card, which is something they explicitly said wouldn't be the case when selling us the game
Old 05-18-2018, 08:21 AM   #10
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
That's fine, but all other event and RS rewards can be bought and sold, so offline players can still get those cards. The issue here is that these rewards are not sellable, so offline players have literally no way of getting the Musial card, which is something they explicitly said wouldn't be the case when selling us the game
Good point.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:24 AM   #11
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

This is another classic over-correction. the complaints were likely about how the exchange-a-thons were awful and needed to be removed, so this was their solution. Honestly, the option should've been to keep the old exchanges, as well as the new bobblehead/baseball challenges, and have the players themselves choose if they wanted to grind the online stuff in a way that it's cheaper for them, or grind the offline stuff, in a way that's easier and less frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2018, 11:14 AM   #12
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Not defending them at all but if they didn’t offer any specific reward for events or RS there would be no reason to play them if you could obtain the card another way. That said I agree with virtually every post in this thread.

The souvenirs and trade ins this year have now become a transparent money grab. As a result I’m not going to grind stats with 85% of these missions. The first player of the month requires you buy packs or stubs and spend tickets to complete. They changed the CAP this year under the premise that it was too easy to feed cards and max out your player. Well maxing out your CAP is still easy as long as you have stuff to trade in and buy the players required to grind the stats for that position.

Ranked Seasons has become no better than EA NHL HUT....the better your team gets the more you play people with bad teams with no plate discipline and throw fat pitches but your team can only pop out or hit weak grounders while your opponent who swings at everything gets rewarded with bomb honeruns with bronze cards. Oh.....and the PCI is not fixed it floats magically all over the place.

I really love this game but it appears micro transactions and greed have claimed another victim. I’m losing interest fast.
Yupp, its pretty sad when companies are intentionally putting out an inferior game just so that games can be more random and keep more people playing which keeps more people spending extra money on packs and stubs. Im really hoping the bubble bursts on this and people stop. Like why are you spending hundreds of dollars on this broken game just so you can complete collections and what not?

Every decision this dev team has made this year has been and continues to be a slap in the face to customers. The utter bull**** that is hats and jerseys to the fact that nearly every new card introduced since release has been a high contact/vision low power card that is damn near useless in this game because of the broken hitting. Ryan Schimpf and Joey Gallo are considerably more useful cards than this Musial is going to be. There arent even words to describe how absurd that is.

I could rant all day about this crap but I suppose Ill stop here.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:41 AM   #13
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
The thing is, playing online isnt even fun. Its just usually incredibly stressful games against kids who cheese everything, or I play someone terrible. Either way its not a very fun experience. Ive had a very good record in this game online but Ive played considerably less each year. The game was way more fun online when people were just regular teams, DD really brings out the worst in everyone as far as ranked seasons and what not goes.
I've played 20 games of ranked seasons so far and this really isn't the case, at least in my experience.

I played a ton of Madden this year and the "cheese" in MLB is absolutely nothing compared to Madden. In Madden I was one of the best 100 on PS4 so I saw absolutely everything.

The only annoying thing I've encountered in MLB is a guy who did the practice swing and fake bunt too much for my liking. Nobody exploited the game. Unless you want to call Niekro a cheat...because hitting knuckle balls is just ridiculously hard.

I'm currently at 715 rating with a 19-2 record. I haven't played top tier guys yet...so maybe the cheese is way worse up there.

I lost to a guy I had a way better team than...lost 2-1. Then I faced a really really good hitter and lost 9-4. He had Judge/Stanton/Stargell...just really good power guys and had some big hits. First game I got rocked.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 05-18-2018, 02:35 PM   #14
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I've played 20 games of ranked seasons so far and this really isn't the case, at least in my experience.

I played a ton of Madden this year and the "cheese" in MLB is absolutely nothing compared to Madden. In Madden I was one of the best 100 on PS4 so I saw absolutely everything.

The only annoying thing I've encountered in MLB is a guy who did the practice swing and fake bunt too much for my liking. Nobody exploited the game. Unless you want to call Niekro a cheat...because hitting knuckle balls is just ridiculously hard.

I'm currently at 715 rating with a 19-2 record. I haven't played top tier guys yet...so maybe the cheese is way worse up there.

I lost to a guy I had a way better team than...lost 2-1. Then I faced a really really good hitter and lost 9-4. He had Judge/Stanton/Stargell...just really good power guys and had some big hits. First game I got rocked.
The cheese is nowhere near as bad as the random stuff that costs you a game...like fielders ignioring balls, dropping routine balls after picking them up, and taking their sweet time throwing the ball. That along with a broken hitting engine and a PCI that floats about aimlessly is much worse than cheesers
Old 05-19-2018, 04:44 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

So Musial isn't available as a legend player?

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2018, 06:42 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Yea I never play DD or online. It annoys me when companies ignore their offline players.

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »