Home

Conquest Question from a DD Rookie

This is a discussion on Conquest Question from a DD Rookie within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2018, 07:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Conquest Question from a DD Rookie

Sorry if this has been asked -

I have completed the map and I am going to start to try to take strongholds. My questions are -

1. Should I be trying to beat certain strongholds 1st (based on rewards)?

2. What happens if you lose a game? Do you just replay the game or are you penalized in some way where it will set me back?

3. If you have defeated all teams and still have not completed all the player missions, what happens? Do you just replay teams until you can get to 100% in the missions? Or, do you have to restart the map?

Thanks in advance....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2018, 07:31 PM   #2
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

Re: Conquest Question from a DD Rookie

1. Just beat them in whatever order you feel like. Some teams give cards when you take their strong hold, but it's not like they're game changers(And I don't know all of them off the top of my head).
2. If you lose a game, you just lose a fan and can try again. If you disconnect you forfeit that entire phase
3.You can use the challenge cards outside of DD if you want to.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:49 PM   #3
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgordoncpa
Sorry if this has been asked -

I have completed the map and I am going to start to try to take strongholds. My questions are -

1. Should I be trying to beat certain strongholds 1st (based on rewards)?

2. What happens if you lose a game? Do you just replay the game or are you penalized in some way where it will set me back?

3. If you have defeated all teams and still have not completed all the player missions, what happens? Do you just replay teams until you can get to 100% in the missions? Or, do you have to restart the map?

Thanks in advance....
1. It's best to head out west. Take Colorado, then Seattle. Once you're able to fill up the entire northwest with fans, the game is pretty much over. You'll have abundant reinforcements.

2. You lose a fan from that territory. For example, if you attack with 15 fans and lose the game, you'l be down to 14 and have to try again. No real penalty.

3. Board just resets, you have infinite games to complete those missions.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:49 PM   #4
Rookie

I'm a rookie this year too and have just been through the learning curve on conquest.

The others have summed up the answers pretty well. However, for Q1 I'd just add that while it doesn't matter which order you do the strongholds, I found it useful defeating the ones that give you players earlier on so that you could then use those guys and try to complete their mission objectives in the subsequent games against other strongholds. While you can use those guys outside of conquest you can only complete their missions within conquest matches. I was able to complete the majority of them during my first time around the map in conquest but had to restart the map again to complete the rest.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
MD4
Old 05-24-2018, 10:15 PM   #5
Rookie

Thanks to everyone who replied!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »