Home

Latest patch a disaster for online play

This is a discussion on Latest patch a disaster for online play within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2018, 10:36 AM   #1
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Latest patch a disaster for online play

This game needed a fix because it was too easy to make contact on everything but this latest patch means get ready for strikeout fests. They shrank the PCI so much but never fixed the problem with the PCI floating on its own so trying to square up balls is really a chore now. Once again rather than truly fix the hitting they do a quick repair that in turn breaks something else. More than ever the games will come down to whomever gets lucky at the plate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2018, 11:01 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 2
Re: Latest patch a disaster for online play

This conclusion is based on how many games you’ve played with the new patch?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-24-2018, 02:27 PM   #3
Pro

shark547's Arena

I only play directional...because I am old...and I never really felt like moving the PCI manually is more realistic.
The last two nights I have seen a huge increase in pop ups. Not sure if there is a server issue or what is going on, but, something with supposedly being early or late on pitches is not working right. Fielders are warping around at times.
I hope it is server related and it will work itself out. I think it might be because i see weird things on defense when this stuff happens over and over. Like when the computer hit a ball down the line at first and the ball hit the bag....the ball went past Puig in right...and Puig ran over to the line about 10 feet in front of the ball as if it wasn't there. I was like....game freezing up???

Nope....Bellinger eventually ran all the way from 1st base to get the ball.

I guess what I am saying is I think the servers are having issues.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:56 PM   #4
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
This conclusion is based on how many games you’ve played with the new patch?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I’ve played 3 games but the amount of games doesn’t really matter. The contact circles are noticeably smaller so it’s harder to make contact now. This would be a good thing but they haven’t addressed the wandering PCI . If you see a pitch coming in low outside corner and aim for that and you whiff then see your PCI was up in the inside left corner it’s maddening. Worse is when you square up on a ball dead center, Miss, and see your PCI was half out of the strike zone for some reason. They said they fixed this a few patches ago but didn’t.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:16 PM   #5
Pro

shark547's Arena

I take it back....pop up simulator....this has gone on long enough for it to be more than just the servers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2018, 08:32 PM   #6
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Played 2 events and absolutely crushed the ball. I was home both games and put up 7 runs in 4 innings. I think I hit like 4 HR too. Personally I'm loving the PCI change...making it smaller.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 05-25-2018, 02:17 PM   #7
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Take back my original post. I’ve been hitting ok last few games maybe it was just an adjustment but I’m just sticking with my view the overall hitting is broken. Still way too many physically impossible bombs being hit off bad pitches. Just played a kid who swings at everything. First batter of the game hits a laser line drive off a pitch virtually in the dirt. Second batter hits bomb HR off a pitch he would need a ladder to hit. I mean come on...fix the game already. Stop rewarding people with no plate discipline. That will never happen because if kiddies cant hit the ball all over the yard they quit and won’t play anymore. Sigh....
Old 05-25-2018, 08:04 PM   #8
Pro

shark547's Arena

I seem to be seeing the opposite. All though it did clear up some what last night. Back to server issues or my internet here I guess.

Still having way too many pop ups, but, that seems to be the opposite of your issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »