Home

OMG fix your game already!!!!!

This is a discussion on OMG fix your game already!!!!! within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2018, 11:25 AM   #25
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OMG fix your game already!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pak7XrKDM-Y

My buddy sent me that this morning. Pretty much mirrors my thoughts on the game. It really has been a complete and utter failure and they are completely out of touch with their customer. This game is 5 months old, we are in the prime of pennant races, and the game is nearly dead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2018, 12:54 PM   #26
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pak7XrKDM-Y

My buddy sent me that this morning. Pretty much mirrors my thoughts on the game. It really has been a complete and utter failure and they are completely out of touch with their customer. This game is 5 months old, we are in the prime of pennant races, and the game is nearly dead.
They really dropped the bomb

I was playing until October last year all the way to the last ranked seasons

That video is absolutely spot on

Last edited by ph33; 08-21-2018 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:33 PM   #27
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
They really dropped the bomb

I was playing until October last year all the way to the last ranked seasons

That video is absolutely spot on
Im usually still playing in February to complete collection missions and such since we all know how my pack luck and what not goes.

I was pretty hesistant to watch the video but I was glad I did, and then read the comments. Lots of people in complete agreement with how must of us here feel.

I mean ND was the biggest supporter here and he seemingly has completely moved on to madden or whatever. Again, 5 months into the game and even the people who enjoyed the most have stopped playing.

Oh and their new content is making us play conquest AGAIN. So out of touch.

Last edited by mikeq672; 08-21-2018 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:51 PM   #28
MVP

ph33's Arena

I *could* be working for other immortals, but you can only make me grind so much

And now that immortals are out, it's hard to get excited about many cards, but there are DEFINITELY cards that could have been released by now that might at least pique some interest. but like he said, there are some weeks where we get zilch
Old 08-21-2018, 10:03 PM   #29
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

The sad reality is these games are now micro transaction heavy and they learned if they can suck you in early and sell packs like mad they can just ride out the storm until the false promises of next year.....they don’t even bother listening to consumer feed back. It’s working now but will be the ultimate demise but they don’t care because they rely on the next shiny object to distract the masses whatever that may be....
Old 08-22-2018, 09:29 AM   #30
All Star

OVR: 2

Haven’t posted here in a few months but lurk to see if they ever fix the game. I 100% agree with everything that guy says in the video. This year was total trash. Everything from the gameplay to the missions. I can’t think of a single redeeming quality the game has this year. DD was so bad that next year I’m not even looking forward to it. I don’t want to play it anymore. I’m just hoping they fix franchise so I can go back to playing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-30-2018, 10:23 PM   #31
Rookie

FindingTim's Arena

OVR: 4

The hitting mechanics. My goodness.

I spent so much time wondering what the heck was wrong with me. Do I need to stop drinking coffee? Is my internet connection too slow? Am I just not focusing enough!?

Why does hitting feel like drinking soup with a fork?

My DD opponent could pledge to keep the pitch cursor dead center the whole game, and I'd still be lucky to score 3 runs.

Worst hitting physics of any game I've ever played.

Full disclosure - not bragging to internet strangers, but just for context - I am a gifted hitter in real life (numerous coaches told me I'm the most natural hitter they've ever seen, including a former KC Royal). Hitting in this game is a terrible replication of real hitting. It doesn't matter if you use zone or directional. It doesn't matter if you predict the exact pitch type and location. It's like trying to fit your **** in a Coke bottle. It just doesn't work.

If you want healthy blood pressure, avoid this game at all costs.

I've tried to be patient and optimistic, but I can't take it any more. Triple Play '98 was a far superior hitting experience. All-Star Baseball 2002. MVP 2005. I'll take those games any day. This game is pure junk.

Oh and **** Al Albequerque and all these scrubs that are inexplicably pivotal steps toward playing with legends.

I'm out. And I refuse to donate any more of my hard-earned money.

Sad thing is, when I was in college, I was considering getting a PS4 so that I could play The Show, and Ramone Russell literally wrote me and said "if you buy a PS4, I'll send you a copy of The Show". I did, and he did. And years later, I kind of wish I bought an Xbox. At least I'd be able to play Halo 3 and experience responsive gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »