Home

What are you working on? (returning)

This is a discussion on What are you working on? (returning) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 01:20 PM   #6401
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: What are you working on? (returning)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValhallaVikings
When did your order go in?

I have freeman at 3rd who might be my best player. I bought Bregman for a million to platoon with him even tho I hit lefties better with freeman. Bregman is 0-3 with 2 k's for a million.

I think chipper will just be a bench bat for me. Would be nice to have prestige mantle and chipper on the bench. Too bad I'll only have that for a couple weeks

Meanwhile, I'm 10-1 in the current event and ranked around 50th overall. I feel very accomplished altho I've been paired up against people that are pretty terrible honestly
12/1 for Chipper.

Largely nostalgic, because to your point, I'm no better with him on my team. I actually hit better with Finest Bellinger, who I bought at 700K before he hit the 1M ceiling. I subbed out Machado who I rake with, but whatever. Ho hum ... almost time for '21.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2021, 10:14 AM   #6402
MVP

OVR: 0

Since mlb the show doesn't update twitter with anything anymore...

Do we get a interesting card for the final event today?

I'm down to like 150k stubs after buying bregman so i'll have to earn it...im sure 50 days should be enough time for whatever
Old 03-02-2021, 02:56 PM   #6403
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValhallaVikings
Since mlb the show doesn't update twitter with anything anymore...

Do we get a interesting card for the final event today?

I'm down to like 150k stubs after buying bregman so i'll have to earn it...im sure 50 days should be enough time for whatever
No new rewards, but lots of opportunities for rewind packs
Old 03-02-2021, 07:46 PM   #6404
MVP

papadell's Arena

New teaser vid confirmed stadium creator. Didn't touch on specifics but from the trailer looked like a plug and play similar to MVP where you take existing assets and mix and match. No details on if it's applicable with online play or offline only.

Either way, it'll add a whole lot of immersion to relocating a team when you can build a new stadium instead of playing in an existing MLB stadium with old signage.

Now if they add an expansion mode with full expansion draft
Old 03-03-2021, 07:32 AM   #6405
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxatron
New teaser vid confirmed stadium creator. Didn't touch on specifics but from the trailer looked like a plug and play similar to MVP where you take existing assets and mix and match. No details on if it's applicable with online play or offline only.

Either way, it'll add a whole lot of immersion to relocating a team when you can build a new stadium instead of playing in an existing MLB stadium with old signage.

Now if they add an expansion mode with full expansion draft
It's crazy to think about what was in a baseball game 10+ years ago and how long it's taken to get back. I fully appreciate the demands of an every-year release, but still ... All Star and other installments were really doing so much more in terms of overall options. MLB's gameplay does make it worth the wait, though.

It's also not just baseball. I remember when Madden made the jump to a new console (PS4?), you lost custom hair or even eye black because the player models just weren't customizable. Hopefully we won't see any of these weird compromises and it's all progress on PS5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2021, 12:35 PM   #6406
MVP

Got Prestige musial

Now focusing on mantle, foxx, Kershaw, Jansen, and bauer

This event seems pretty toxic so far. Played 5 games this morning and all 5 paused for days, two did nothing but bunt (it's on all star), two dashboard quit off a musial hr and then a 3 run mantle he (of course the two main ones I'm trying to prestige).

The fourth guy I played was one of the bunters and pauses, we can into extras as I stranded everyone. I get two outs, he pauses for a full two minutes. I throw sinker away to jram and of course he hits the walk off playing toxic the whole time. Had to have paused at least 4 and a half mins in a event game.

If I had one wish for the new game is do something with the pausing
Old 03-03-2021, 03:19 PM   #6407
MVP

papadell's Arena

I'd be surprised if they did anything with pausing because Ramone responded to questions about it on a livestream last year before release I think saying there was nothing wrong with pausing.
Old 03-04-2021, 01:08 PM   #6408
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
It's crazy to think about what was in a baseball game 10+ years ago and how long it's taken to get back. I fully appreciate the demands of an every-year release, but still ... All Star and other installments were really doing so much more in terms of overall options. MLB's gameplay does make it worth the wait, though.

It's also not just baseball. I remember when Madden made the jump to a new console (PS4?), you lost custom hair or even eye black because the player models just weren't customizable. Hopefully we won't see any of these weird compromises and it's all progress on PS5.
People probably won't like the explanation but I think it's plausible that really robust creator modes became that much harder to create and execute as hardware advanced. (Remember those nightmare glitch creatures from The Show a few years ago?) It's possible that the new generation rectifies whatever the issue was.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »