Home

Hitting. Please help.

This is a discussion on Hitting. Please help. within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2015, 12:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Hitting. Please help.

I've been playing the Show since 2010. I'm very experienced in this game. Playing DD my first two games I hit home runs, singles, doubles, etc. I scored 8 runs both games. Since then, I have played 7 games and have scored 1 run... Total. My opponents hit almost everything I thorw at them- whether it's out of the strike zone or not- doesn't matter. I have always used anaolog, however now I am averaging 1-2 hits per game. I tried zone, buttons, directional- nothing works for me.

It's really infuriating. I have Schmidt, Ted Williams, McCutch, and still can't hit the ball. What are you all using for hitting?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 04:51 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Hitting. Please help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1108g
I've been playing the Show since 2010. I'm very experienced in this game. Playing DD my first two games I hit home runs, singles, doubles, etc. I scored 8 runs both games. Since then, I have played 7 games and have scored 1 run... Total. My opponents hit almost everything I thorw at them- whether it's out of the strike zone or not- doesn't matter. I have always used anaolog, however now I am averaging 1-2 hits per game. I tried zone, buttons, directional- nothing works for me.

It's really infuriating. I have Schmidt, Ted Williams, McCutch, and still can't hit the ball. What are you all using for hitting?
I was gonna try to give you advice, but then you said you had Schmidt, Ted Williams and McCutch....dude, you should be raking with those guys
Old 04-04-2015, 06:37 PM   #3
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

My team was crushing for the first handful of games as well. starter cards like Ryan Flaherty and Chris Parmelee were ripping the cover off the ball. But I'm pretty sure it's similar to NHL in that you start to face higher-caliber opponents as you increase your rank. I've lost 4 out of the last 5 DD games while managing less than 4 runs per game. Record is starting to dip closer to .500%.
NBA:Toronto Raptors
MLB:Toronto Blue Jays
NCAAF:Oregon Ducks
NCAAB:Kansas Jayhawks
Old 04-25-2019, 02:56 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1108g

I fiddled around with the hitting. One way to help (imo) is to use the show 15 batting camera. Seems like you get a better vantage point for balls and strikes.

I've tried all way to hit using pure analog, zone and directional. For me, zone works. That's when you use the right stick to swing, and the last stick to move the "batters eye" to where you wish to swing. Initially it'll be a yellow oval, but you can turn it off if you find it distracting.

Pure Analog is an ok way to go about it, but also lessens the chance to square the ball up and really give it a ride.

Directional is just choosing to swing towards the outer or innner portion of the plate... Not helpful I'm my mind

I'd have you do some serious practice with all 3 in the challenge of the week... And see what suits you. But that's your call. Good luck.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:58 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
My team was crushing for the first handful of games as well. starter cards like Ryan Flaherty and Chris Parmelee were ripping the cover off the ball. But I'm pretty sure it's similar to NHL in that you start to face higher-caliber opponents as you increase your rank. I've lost 4 out of the last 5 DD games while managing less than 4 runs per game. Record is starting to dip closer to .500%.
I began 3-0 and now I am 3-5.... I love DD and have a sick team. It appears as though using mainly diamond players is working against me lol...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2019, 06:46 AM   #6
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

It’s just par for the course with this series. When the game releases it plays normal and then the whole thing goes south. Patience is punished and wild swinging is rewarded. Hitting a fat floating curveball with good a timed swing and squared up contact with 99 Signature Frank Thomas results in weak ground outs 75% of the time while digging a ball out of the dirt with Joey Gallo, horrific contact numbers, results in a bomb HR. Run out a team of Diamonds and watch them hit mostly hard at”em ball outs or pathetically weak grounders then run out a team of Golds and Silvers and watch them spread the field with hits. Everything is backwards and really works against the purpose of the mode.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:34 AM   #7
Rookie

I’ve noticed some games I can play against other diamond teams and tear the cover off the ball.. then sometimes I’ll play less superior teams and barely top 5 hits. Some games I can hit low and out pitch’s backside for doubles and bombs and sometimes I pop up pitches down the middle and in hot spots. It really seems like the game can be random at times.
Old 04-25-2019, 10:07 AM   #8
Rookie

It's hard to say really. Hitting can be infuriating, but it can infuriating in real baseball as well. I've had games where I'm squaring up 60% of the hits and everything is right at someone. I've also had game winning hits where I was very late and jammed on a high heater, but managed to get a lucky base hit. That's just baseball.

This game does a really solid job of simulating that. Just because you square a ball up, doesn't mean it's always going to be an extra base hit. But the more times you square something with better players, the higher your chances go.

Maybe it's the hitters. Maybe they don't work for you. I got Andre Dawson not to long ago (figured I'd be going 3-4 every game) and I'm barely hitting .100 with him. I had the same issue when I first added Blackmon to my lineup now I'm driving the ball all over the yard with him. Sometimes certain players swings/stances are hard to get used to.

My best advice would be to try and look for patterns in your opponent. Especially if you're playing online, most players have tendencies they're not even aware of (high fastball with 2 strikes, etc.). It sounds stupid but I go up with old baseball adage of 'look for something until you get to two strikes'. I usually go up and set my pci on the bottom half of the zone and wait for the inevitable breaking ball. If you're up there trying to react, you'll have trouble being on time and squaring it up (atleast I do).

Play around with some of the camera's and stick with the zone hitting feature. But ultimately, be patient. If you're up there trying to hit everything, you're going to fail.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »