Home

Thoughts on using your DD club for MtO?

This is a discussion on Thoughts on using your DD club for MtO? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2019, 03:09 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Thoughts on using your DD club for MtO?

I recently finished a run through the mode (beaten by the Astros in the ALCS)...

I'd love to use my DD team in the mode, even if there were no prizes for finishing and winning the who shebang. I would really like to see a season/franchise mode to go along with DD. I love playing online, and playing conquest... But I think having a real regular season would add to the experience.

Using cards earned during the season being used as call ups, I think it would be a solid idea.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2019, 12:07 PM   #2
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Thoughts on using your DD club for MtO?

Makes more sense than having almost all of the offline content not use your DD team like its currently set up.

I personally dont really see the appeal in MTO so I still likely wouldnt play it much, maybe one run through.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:47 PM   #3
MVP

papadell's Arena

I'm all for more uses of our DD team. They kinda do it with events I guess but I would LOVE some kind of tiered formats. As a MTG player having access to different kinds of formats adds variety and in a game like this I think there would be a lot of great potential.

They do BR which is Limited draft and that's cool.

But maybe some kind of tiered where it limits the cards by grade (silver, gold etc) or even era or something. This would allow us to get mileage out of all the cards we've accrued and get us to play with players we would never touch. I don't like the whacky stuff with events when they do something similar to this.

Just give us a straight Bronze and Below, Silver, Gold, Diamond tiered system or some kind of balance there. I don't know how many new cards they plan on introducing but you could expand on that and introduce even more cards and even do some kind of rotation with cards being legal in a certain format. Maybe even add in some better prizes for it since we'd be paying more to get access to those cards.

I think there's a lot of potential with that type of stuff. I would probably do an MtO run with my DD team.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:31 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxatron
I'm all for more uses of our DD team. They kinda do it with events I guess but I would LOVE some kind of tiered formats. As a MTG player having access to different kinds of formats adds variety and in a game like this I think there would be a lot of great potential.

They do BR which is Limited draft and that's cool.

But maybe some kind of tiered where it limits the cards by grade (silver, gold etc) or even era or something. This would allow us to get mileage out of all the cards we've accrued and get us to play with players we would never touch. I don't like the whacky stuff with events when they do something similar to this.

Just give us a straight Bronze and Below, Silver, Gold, Diamond tiered system or some kind of balance there. I don't know how many new cards they plan on introducing but you could expand on that and introduce even more cards and even do some kind of rotation with cards being legal in a certain format. Maybe even add in some better prizes for it since we'd be paying more to get access to those cards.

I think there's a lot of potential with that type of stuff. I would probably do an MtO run with my DD team.
I think last year they had 4 'sets' for the packs. Couldn't tell you how many different promo packs they'd released.

I would think that being able to use your DD squad offline would wind up bringing more ppl into the fold as far as playing DD. I've got friends who don't even look at DD since they think it's a microtransaction scam...

I personally love DD. I always loved getting packs of cards when I was a kid.... And this is sort of like that ... It's really the only "ultimate team" game I play. (Aside from FIFA, but I'm ignorant to how good certain players are for soccer, so it's based solely on the ratings).

The Show is the only game, I feel, gets it right. I'm not a fan of certain cards I'd like to get make me do something I find nearly impossible, or the fact that some cards are over 50k in stubs (a 50 $ card for a video game doesn't sit well with me, no matter how much I loved Mattingly as a kid).

But they should be looking for more ways to incorporate the DD teams

They took a big step this year with the MtO mode, to which I am addicted and love. It gives me an opportunity to play through a season quickly, and to use teams I normally wouldn't because franchise can take up so much time. Between MtO, DD, and the Moments I think I've definitely gotten my money's worth. I bought the digital deluxe version for 100 bucks... I still have yet to touch playoffs, franchise and another one of the modes. But they definitely packed the game with plenty of content. So even for 100 I don't feel like I got duped into dropping the extra 40 bucks.

Hopefully next year they'll give DD an offline companion mode. And see where it goes from there. I'd really like to see them patch it this year and have the ability to replace one current team with the DD squad you've built into an offline franchise... But I'm still more than happy and excited about this year's release, and for what's coming down the pike.
Old 05-01-2019, 05:17 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Makes more sense than having almost all of the offline content not use your DD team like its currently set up.

I personally dont really see the appeal in MTO so I still likely wouldnt play it much, maybe one run through.
I really enjoy the MtO mode. I don't have a ton of time to play a full franchise, and the mode gives me the ability to have some sway in how in the team, and it's players go...

I would like to see them add in more than just Sept call ups, and let me finagle with my trip A and Dub A team.... But overall I think it's a solid mode that I really hope comes back a little more fleshed out.

Being able to swap one team out for offline DD play makes sense to me too... Would allow ppl who generally don't get into the mode a reason to play, other than in conquest or BR. Because playing online against another more experienced player when you're starting out can be deflating. Hell, I have a stellar squad and I have a few losses I feel I should have won. Couldn't imagine going in all bro zed and common playing against a team with a majority of golds/diamonds.

I actually played a game yesterday against a guy who had a TON of diamond cards. The diamonds I have came from my pick in the digital deluxe version, and some very lucky draws in pack buying. I bought Torii Hunter, but I may get rid of him since Lorenzo Cain is a super pimp in center. (Def one of the most underrated cards in the game at 83).

But the guy I played fielded an entire team of diamonds, and each PH he brought up was a diamond, along with his pitching staff. Nobody's THAT lucky. Must have spent a fortune on the team. There were some 50 dollar cards and higher on his squad. Only lost 3-1 but couldn't get anything going. Crazy that some folks will drop THAT much cash for cards. I REALLY want the Mattingly 1985 card (94 over) but no way I'd spend 50+ bucks for a single player. I guess if you've got it use it... But that's the go my guy I've played with every player being a diamond player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2019, 12:17 PM   #6
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGROC
I really enjoy the MtO mode. I don't have a ton of time to play a full franchise, and the mode gives me the ability to have some sway in how in the team, and it's players go...

I would like to see them add in more than just Sept call ups, and let me finagle with my trip A and Dub A team.... But overall I think it's a solid mode that I really hope comes back a little more fleshed out.

Being able to swap one team out for offline DD play makes sense to me too... Would allow ppl who generally don't get into the mode a reason to play, other than in conquest or BR. Because playing online against another more experienced player when you're starting out can be deflating. Hell, I have a stellar squad and I have a few losses I feel I should have won. Couldn't imagine going in all bro zed and common playing against a team with a majority of golds/diamonds.

I actually played a game yesterday against a guy who had a TON of diamond cards. The diamonds I have came from my pick in the digital deluxe version, and some very lucky draws in pack buying. I bought Torii Hunter, but I may get rid of him since Lorenzo Cain is a super pimp in center. (Def one of the most underrated cards in the game at 83).

But the guy I played fielded an entire team of diamonds, and each PH he brought up was a diamond, along with his pitching staff. Nobody's THAT lucky. Must have spent a fortune on the team. There were some 50 dollar cards and higher on his squad. Only lost 3-1 but couldn't get anything going. Crazy that some folks will drop THAT much cash for cards. I REALLY want the Mattingly 1985 card (94 over) but no way I'd spend 50+ bucks for a single player. I guess if you've got it use it... But that's the go my guy I've played with every player being a diamond player.
I have an all diamond team and bench and rotation. A bunch of diamonds I dont play too. Never spent a penny. Its quite easy this year to get a ton of diamonds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »