Home

Legit Diamonds

This is a discussion on Legit Diamonds within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2019, 10:23 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Legit Diamonds

My theory as to why live Kershaw is terrible is that everyone has seen signature Kershaw a million times. Stuff that is unhittable with signature Kershaw is hittable, so you can’t get away with anything and people know what to expect.

Even when I start well with live Kershaw, he collapses after the sixth and good pitches get tagged. It’s a joke.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:40 AM   #18
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunopuntzjones
I can't figure out how to succeed with Joe Morgan. I've had him for a while and am basically stuck around .250. I'm early on everything, even when I try to sit on it. So many balls whipped right to 1B/RF. That said, when he gets on one, it's glorious.

Live Kershaw is still ****. He plays like a bronze.
It's because his swing is lightning quick, so if you aren't used to players with that fast a swing you'll be early. I'm probably a bit slow to see pitches so I tend to go after these quick swingers as they suit my timing, plus I can react later and still get good timing.
Old 06-08-2019, 01:24 PM   #19
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
It's because his swing is lightning quick, so if you aren't used to players with that fast a swing you'll be early. I'm probably a bit slow to see pitches so I tend to go after these quick swingers as they suit my timing, plus I can react later and still get good timing.
So...there are definitely different swing speeds right?

Always kind of suspected but I was never really confirmed. Might explain why I do better with some than I do others (For example, Giambi>Thomas for me. Gwynn>Rickey. Alomar>Joe, etc.)

*Something* about tony just feels more comfortable to me
Old 06-08-2019, 01:56 PM   #20
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
So...there are definitely different swing speeds right?

Always kind of suspected but I was never really confirmed. Might explain why I do better with some than I do others (For example, Giambi>Thomas for me. Gwynn>Rickey. Alomar>Joe, etc.)

*Something* about tony just feels more comfortable to me
oh definitely, I've never heard it mentioned by a dev but you can absolutely feel it imo. Ripken last year had such a slow swing, whereas Harpers has always seemed lightning fast
Old 06-08-2019, 02:07 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Yeah, I've had success with guys with quick bat speed in the past, but Morgan is on another level. I also suspect his aggressively crowding the plate stance and tiny strike zone are part of it, too. I'll get there, and I think at the moment I'm mildly shook with him up there.

I'm also habitually early as it is. I tend to decide if a pitch will be a hittable strike pretty quickly and my brain says swing a bit too soon if it's offspeed or a slower FB. If I start overthinking and trying to wait, I'm usually way late.

I use directional hitting and maybe the key with Morgan will just be trying to push every AB.

Quote:
oh definitely, I've never heard it mentioned by a dev but you can absolutely feel it imo. Ripken last year had such a slow swing, whereas Harpers has always seemed lightning fast
J.D. Martinez last year was ridiculously fast in a good way. Joey Gallo feels glacial to me. Frank Thomas and Johnny Bench also feel a bit slower.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2019, 02:15 PM   #22
MVP

papadell's Arena

Gwynn absolutely has a pure swing so I definitely believe there's something to it. The first time I played with Gwynn I ripped a double in the gap and it felt *so* different
Old 06-09-2019, 08:14 AM   #23
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

MY LEGIT DIAMONDS:

I’m liking the SS Robbie Alomar

I love pitching and hitting with SS Mad Bum. I absolutely crush balls with him

Kenny Lofton. Speed, singles machine, and odd occasionally magic mammoth power.

SS Hornsby is quite good. A lot of doubles.

NOT LEGIT:

SS Frank Thomas. He hits like toddler but that’s been discussed a lot.

SS Willie Mays. My new greatest disappointment. With runners on base I almost always ground into a DP. Runners in scoring position a weak pop up to the infield. Good timing Squared up mean nothing just like Thomas.

SS Pudge. Outside of throwing out runners I just don’t hit enough with him. Still haven’t found a catcher I like to hit with in this game.

Eddie Matthews. Strike out, Strike out, Solo HR, Strike Out. That’s about how he goes for me.

I would rather bat SS Mad Bum in my 2 3 4 and 5 hole than those four guys and that’s pathetic that we can actually have that discussion as a viable option lol
Old 06-09-2019, 09:11 AM   #24
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
MY LEGIT DIAMONDS:

I’m liking the SS Robbie Alomar

I love pitching and hitting with SS Mad Bum. I absolutely crush balls with him

Kenny Lofton. Speed, singles machine, and odd occasionally magic mammoth power.

SS Hornsby is quite good. A lot of doubles.

NOT LEGIT:

SS Frank Thomas. He hits like toddler but that’s been discussed a lot.

SS Willie Mays. My new greatest disappointment. With runners on base I almost always ground into a DP. Runners in scoring position a weak pop up to the infield. Good timing Squared up mean nothing just like Thomas.

SS Pudge. Outside of throwing out runners I just don’t hit enough with him. Still haven’t found a catcher I like to hit with in this game.

Eddie Matthews. Strike out, Strike out, Solo HR, Strike Out. That’s about how he goes for me.

I would rather bat SS Mad Bum in my 2 3 4 and 5 hole than those four guys and that’s pathetic that we can actually have that discussion as a viable option lol
I think Pudge and Willie will get better, I started off slowly with them and they've become lethal for me. I'm personally struggling just a bit with Alomar, but the sample size isn't big and my PCI placement with him has been ***, can't blame him. Still, would rather have him over Morgan because I just view better with switch hitters.

I really might get MadBum though, heard mixed reviews about his pitching but I think it really just depends on circumstance. If you play an elite player they'll make anybody look bad. Against most others, did the RNG roll two 6s for you or snake eyes? Play the game and find out!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »