Home

Favorite closer?

This is a discussion on Favorite closer? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2019, 09:21 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Favorite closer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSanchez12
Overall, the most solid arm I've used thus far is the LS Felipe Vasquez when he gets an IE bump in OVR. Solid power FB, Power Slider, and a good Curve to keep hitters off balance.

I have been having success with Trenien for right now -- I suspect that when I start playing better hitters, they'll be able to sit on his sinker.
One of the main reasons I don't use FV to close is that Treinen is usually modded up to an 87, and he's got that nasty sinker. Vazquez is my favorite lefty out of the pen (that may change since Miller isn't a diamond anymore and can be had for about 6k in stubs atm). I keep 3 lefties in my pen... Felipe, Doolittle, and Hader. The righties I use are Treinen, Edwin Diaz, Osuna, and depending on whether they're modded up or down, Yates/Betances/Giles (the 86 rated rookie)

My main rotation has guys in and out of it...
99 rated Kershaw
DeGrom
Snell
Oswalt
Syndergaard
Guidry
Liriano
Strasburg...

Last edited by BIGROC; 06-13-2019 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Punctuation
Old 06-18-2019, 12:44 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

I recently added Hader and haven’t used him much but I like him a lot. His meter is basically the perfect speed for me.
Old 06-30-2019, 03:36 PM   #11
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

How is the Greg Holland All Star card?
I have Rodney Fernando now but I’m almost reaching level 10 silver where I can pick Greg but don’t know if he’s a better pick than Fernando...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2019, 02:38 AM   #12
Rookie

BodamEscapePlan's Arena

OVR: 1

Big fan of the Pirates Affinity Felipe Vasquez and also the Rollie Fingers Brewers Affinity. Those two cards alone have held my bullpen together so well.

Just picked up the Orioles Affinity Zach Britton and he's been absolutely killer for me, as well.
NCAAF: NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS
@michaelsbodam | PSN: BodamEscapePlan
Old 07-05-2019, 11:23 AM   #13
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodamEscapePlan
Big fan of the Pirates Affinity Felipe Vasquez and also the Rollie Fingers Brewers Affinity. Those two cards alone have held my bullpen together so well.

Just picked up the Orioles Affinity Zach Britton and he's been absolutely killer for me, as well.

Those cards are solid

Beginning to really think some of the super high priced closers aren't worth the stubs unless you got the currency to buy whoever you Want whenever you want (some people got 4 million stubs )

Some closers are obviously better, but anybody can really get gotten. Just depends on who you are playing, and the circumstances around when they come in

I would love to have that SS Kenley but my righties are osuna/nen, flashback Robertson, rollie, and SS Hoffman. They all do pretty well for me. Is 90k+ stubs worth for kenley to take one of those spots?
Old 07-10-2019, 06:07 AM   #14
Rookie

ShawnDraven's Arena

I got Goose from the 1st inning program, and he's been my closer ever since

Twins - Vikings - Wild -
T-Wolves

It's like a car wreck...You don't wanna watch, but you just can't turn away...
Old 07-11-2019, 06:37 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodamEscapePlan

I REALLY want the Bucs lvl 50 affinity reward too. Felipe Vazquez is awesome, and I've even taken to playing conquest with a bunch of Pirate players to speed things along. But I'm going to have to play March to October to completion in order to get him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2019, 06:40 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Those cards are solid

Beginning to really think some of the super high priced closers aren't worth the stubs unless you got the currency to buy whoever you Want whenever you want (some people got 4 million stubs )

Some closers are obviously better, but anybody can really get gotten. Just depends on who you are playing, and the circumstances around when they come in

I would love to have that SS Kenley but my righties are osuna/nen, flashback Robertson, rollie, and SS Hoffman. They all do pretty well for me. Is 90k+ stubs worth for kenley to take one of those spots?
The only reason to pony up 50k or more for a closer that's on a current team is to complete the team and get the reward. I can't justify spending 35-51k on Aroldis Chapman. Getting the Cano card would be great... But I have the Altuve card and he's awesome. I've got a ton of power bats so offense isn't my main concern. Getting a guy like Rob Nen or Dibble would be awesome though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »