Home

Diamond Dynasty 20 dream board

This is a discussion on Diamond Dynasty 20 dream board within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 11-17-2019, 03:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Diamond Dynasty 20 dream board

Now that the baseball season is over and The Show 20 preorders are up, I thought it might be fun to talk wish lists for DD next year.

For me, I have two big ones:
Tier Battle (or something) mode
Lineups limited to players in the specific tier (or lower), access to each tier unlocks when you hit that XP tier. Rewards based on tier (i.e. winning in bronze gets you bronze legends/flashback cards or choice packs) Would be a fun way to encourage use of lower ranked cards and a place for level playing fields besides events (which are prone to gimmicky roster BS).

Bring back the comment/bronze/silver/gold legends and flashbacks
A ton of interesting and fun cards from years past were chopped this year and a bunch of legends only had a signature card and then another diamond version. I would love to see their lower rated cards come back and be easily accessible, either as affinity rewards or in packs. It's a shame to have the rights to Willie Mays and hide him behind an endgame collection or moment grind. Give us a low gold from when he was aging but still effective with the Giants or a bronze from when he was busted with the Mets. It was also a lot of fun having rookie cards from some of today's stars, like Freddie Freeman, Nolan Arenado, Manny Machado, and Jose Ramirez, to play with while working on acquiring their live cards (and the same went for legends too). I would love it if they had a card in each set for every legend (if possible - obviously some guys never won an award or made the postseason) or tried to represent every team they played on (Marlins Piazza!)

What do y'all want to see?

(And I know we all have frustrations with gameplay but can we please keep this to features, rewards, etc? The superficial stuff lol.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2019, 09:11 PM   #2
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Diamond Dynasty 20 dream board

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunopuntzjones
Now that the baseball season is over and The Show 20 preorders are up, I thought it might be fun to talk wish lists for DD next year.

For me, I have two big ones:
Tier Battle (or something) mode
Lineups limited to players in the specific tier (or lower), access to each tier unlocks when you hit that XP tier. Rewards based on tier (i.e. winning in bronze gets you bronze legends/flashback cards or choice packs) Would be a fun way to encourage use of lower ranked cards and a place for level playing fields besides events (which are prone to gimmicky roster BS).

Bring back the comment/bronze/silver/gold legends and flashbacks
A ton of interesting and fun cards from years past were chopped this year and a bunch of legends only had a signature card and then another diamond version. I would love to see their lower rated cards come back and be easily accessible, either as affinity rewards or in packs. It's a shame to have the rights to Willie Mays and hide him behind an endgame collection or moment grind. Give us a low gold from when he was aging but still effective with the Giants or a bronze from when he was busted with the Mets. It was also a lot of fun having rookie cards from some of today's stars, like Freddie Freeman, Nolan Arenado, Manny Machado, and Jose Ramirez, to play with while working on acquiring their live cards (and the same went for legends too). I would love it if they had a card in each set for every legend (if possible - obviously some guys never won an award or made the postseason) or tried to represent every team they played on (Marlins Piazza!)

What do y'all want to see?

(And I know we all have frustrations with gameplay but can we please keep this to features, rewards, etc? The superficial stuff lol.)
I definitely want B bad. I also really wants a salary cap mode that sticks around. Events sometimes fills that in a way, but in there it's so focused that you get teams all using the same players, which defeats the purpose.

Moments were great, but now I want another flavor of online that isn't BR or just Ranked play in terms of something that's there every day. Salary Cap mode could be it, or some sort of tiered system like you're talking, but I definitely crave one more online element.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:53 AM   #3
MVP

Coxatron's Arena

MLB: The Show 19 was my first MLB game since 09 and I have A LOT of gripes with the game. Too many to ever realistically expect but I'll list a handful I've basically already mentioned in the other thread:

Dedicated servers - To me, it's pathetic and unacceptable that any game with online functionality in 2019 is running without dedicated servers. The latency causes many of the gameplay issues itself so it would represent such an improvement overall. But the baserunning issues caused by the sometimes SECONDS delay in input to control the runners is just sad. We all know they make insane money on stubs. They know we know it. Get better servers.

Uniform Pitch Speeds - It's not fun or challenging in a rewarding way to have to adjust across EVERY GAME MODE. Moments were overly difficult in the beginning of the year and by the end most moments were on Veteran. Then moving to online play the baseline is All-Star, and online pitch speeds are different than offline. The amount of adjusting was just too much and such a turn-off. It's the easiest way for them to create difficulty barriers, sure, but I'd prefer if they just made hitting and pitching more rewarding/skill-based instead of making a 95 mph fastball completely different between games modes.

Increased Online Modes - As stated already, just more ways to play the game online. Ranked Seasons is basically it. The events are half-baked and only occasionally fun (personally) and most times it seemed like they were just trying to push certain cards in the market with the restrictions. Salary Cap mode would be great. A Theme Team mode or playlist would be awesome, especially if they allowed us to have actual separate teams ready to go with logos and everything instead of swapping out stuff if we switch squads.

But really I think they should turned Ranked Seasons into a Gauntlet Mode as currently constructed. As mentioned above, the pitch speed differential is just atrocious. RS could function as a Gauntlet Mode as an intentional challenge where you grind through the different difficulties. This could even be expanded to something like Salary Cap. Imagine climbing to Legend with a dumpy team or something. There's more variety in there.

They also need to do away with the random, arbitrary, annoying points system for RS where you really have no clue what you're gaining or losing. Losses always seem to carry a bigger loss than wins gain. Again, I think Madden has it right. Give us a certain number of losses we can experience in a run to make the playoffs. Then we just run through until we get to our World Series game. Similar to Madden, give us Trophies or something else we can accumulate and actually use in-game. This would make the "season" mode replayable. As it stands, everyone basically plays until they hit WS and then just stop so they don't start in a lower bracket. There's no incentive outside of the elite players pushing for leaderboards.

Make WS and wanna play relaxing games with your favorite team's theme team? Can't. Every game is still sweaty because if you lose too many games you will sink to a lower level to start the next season so why bother. Give us cool cards as rewards and stubs and everything along the way. Just be better at it. If EA does anything better than you, then you need to get better.

Tiered Seasons or Limited Seasons - Bronze/Commons, Silver, Gold, Diamond tiers. You can use cards at the rating or below but nothing above. Events do this kinda-sorta-sometimes. I want a full-fledged suite that gives me incentive to use all these cards I end up with over the course of the year.

I had A LOT of fun early on with dudes I would never use. Opening packs and getting new cards was actually exciting because I could tangibly improve my team. After the first month, that went away as I was pumping 99 overall diamonds into my team without reason to do anything else.

I want to use Bradley Zimmer in my OF because he's the best OF I have in that tier at the moment. I can't do that reasonably in RS for obvious reasons.

Again, repeatable entries for trophies or something like that that can be exchanged. For bundles, cards, stubs or whatever. We end up with these cards give us reason to use them.

Give us reasons to actually play the game.

Trading - If I pull a second Aaron Judge and already collected but I need Aroldis Chapman for my Yankees collection, just let me trade the damn thing instead of posting, waiting for it to sell and then paying a tax on it. Yes, people will exploit it but people do it already with stub transfers and multiple accounts. Lazy excuse to not do something like this just because there's a handful of people who will try to abuse it. The solution? Punish them.

-Lower the total pause time. Reduce the amount of pausing anyone can do.

-Change the starting rotation. If the bullpen can be fatigued so can the rotation. After 3 games a starter can regain a certain % of stamina that would make him usable but not nearly as long as if full stamina. After 4 games the stamina goes up again but same deal. After 5 games the starter has full stamina if not used in between.

To me, starting pitchers are an absolute waste of time to earn or stubs to buy because you don't control when you use them. I went 6 games in a row with MadBum once and that was after buying Verlander who I didn't get to use after buying him. I shouldn't have to feel bad about buying or selecting a player because some lazy system doesn't let me. And it's insane to me that the rule only applies to relievers. You don't want me using Billy Wagner every game but you're ok with me throwing Kershaw multiple games in a row? Fix it one way or the other. I'd even appreciate a "spot starter" in case I'm matched up against someone using the same pitcher as me. Give us an opportunity before the game to select another pitcher or something. This is a deeper cut of a request, I just want the randomness to go away.

-Designated Hitter - I'm sorry but anyone that talks about strategy when it comes to pitchers hitting is a psycho. In real life or in MLB: The Show. Bunting sucks and is nearly impossible so moving runners doesn't matter. So all we're left with is pitchers that bloop hits all over the field and then get thrown out because they have less than 20 speed. Meanwhile, my binder is full of over-powered hitters that I can't use because I have someone else at the position and can't even carry them as a pinch-hitter because my bench is elite already. That would be one more position on the team to use the cards we have while sparing us all the torture of watching pitchers do anything but pitch.

With the extra spot next year putting rosters to 26? Perfect. That's two more offensive players for us to use. We can all easily carry a Rickey Henderson to pinch-run while still carrying another lethal bat too.

--

So yeah, just a couple minor suggestions
Old 11-18-2019, 11:41 AM   #4
Rookie

I agree with Coxatron re: difficulties. I think they should leave most modes to user choice, even in competitive modes. I would be fine getting a lesser reward for wanting to stick to all-star in RS or events rather thank skipping entirely or stopping when it’s on HOF, which I simply don’t enjoy. Same with moments. Madden is good about allowing access to the basic rewards on lower difficulties while giving you more for completing them on higher levels. It would also enhance replay ability for the mode, especially for beginners.

Agree about the DH too. Users should be able to choose if they want it or not and then the home team’s preference dictates whether it’s used. Seems simple!

Same with pitchers. It’s goofy to have relievers get fatigued and starters not. You can still make selection random, but basically after a guy starts, he’s unavailable for 3-4 games or something.

Another idea of mine is letting players accomplish daily rewards in ANY mode involving a start to finish game (online, offline, play with friends, moments). I shouldn’t have to go on suicide missions in RS because I need 2 RBI with bronze outfielders , or 8 innings with some garbage team’s pitchers, or whatever. If I’m willing to put in the time offline, I should still get the stars.

I’d also like to see them change to having us set 25 or 26 man rosters and then have the ability to create vs L and R batting orders.

Also bring back stadium exchanges or make all stadiums much rarer. The number of useless minor league stadiums we accumulate is silly. Just let people exchange minor league parks for MLB ones and then exchange those for classics. Frankly, everything at every level before diamond should be exchangeable.

Last edited by brunopuntzjones; 11-18-2019 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:10 PM   #5
MVP

Coxatron's Arena

If Moments come back, then they should absolutely go towards Team Affinity or some other kind of grind.

That would really offset the bad feeling of redoing the same Moment 25 times just to get a couple hundred stubs and XP. Give us innings out of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2019, 12:10 AM   #6
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxatron
If Moments come back, then they should absolutely go towards Team Affinity or some other kind of grind.

That would really offset the bad feeling of redoing the same Moment 25 times just to get a couple hundred stubs and XP. Give us innings out of it.
100 percent agreed on this one. I didn't mind the idea of using the accelerated Season Mode as a way to get some points towards the Team Affinity stuff, but you should still accrue innings in pretty much all the modes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »