Home

Showdown Thread

This is a discussion on Showdown Thread within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2020, 10:00 AM   #401
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Showdown Thread

Still sticking with my approach for Showdowns.
- Clean Screen
- Directional/Classic
- No "perks"

Knocked out the 4th inning Showdown last night; Successfully completing all but two of the missions. Man...Felix is a tough SOB to face; he's definitely going to be my choice at 300 stars.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2020, 11:11 AM   #402
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Still sticking with my approach for Showdowns.
- Clean Screen
- Directional/Classic
- No "perks"

Knocked out the 4th inning Showdown last night; Successfully completing all but two of the missions. Man...Felix is a tough SOB to face; he's definitely going to be my choice at 300 stars.
He was pretty wild when I faced him. Walked the bases loaded then walked in a run then walk off GS. He'll still be my choice though.

Attempted the NL Central for first time last night. That was the easiest of all the stage 1's I've done. Nice to be completing the stage 1's at a pretty good clip now. Patience at the plate and hitting has finally turned a corner for me.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 06-02-2020, 11:27 AM   #403
Rookie

buziii's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm declaring myself the King of Showdowns! I have sucked at Showdowns, but I just completed the 4th Inning Showdown for my 2nd showdown win in a row and my 2nd in the history of showdowns!

Went into the Final 11-15 and won with 7 outs remaining with a Splendid Splinter walk-off single. King Felix is tough. I followed advice from others and tried to be patient and wait for strikes above the bottom of the zone. In my experience with this showdown, he doesn't throw many strikes low in the zone. I laid off low pitches and almost all of them fell below the zone.

EDIT: Since this winning Showdown thing is a new experience...there's no point in repeating the Inning Showdowns, right? You can only earn the 70 program points one time, right?

Last edited by buziii; 06-02-2020 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:01 PM   #404
Rookie

GoDucks821's Arena

Just beat the 4th Inning Showdown thanks to a walk-off bomb by Carlos Santana.

Wow, that was so less taxing and annoying than the 3rd Inning one! ... lol.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:09 PM   #405
Rookie

Well, after winning about 10 straight various Showdowns, I got my butt handed to me today over and over when playing. Lost NL Showdown twice, once to second boss and than next to first.

I also got embarrassed in Events games by guys who should never beat me. Just can’t hit today ( although I went to Conquest and won a Legend game 1-0...I.e. still couldn’t hit)...

Even checked my internet speed to see if it was laggy or having issues. NOPE, I just suck today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2020, 06:47 PM   #406
Rookie

buziii's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic141414
Well, after winning about 10 straight various Showdowns, I got my butt handed to me today over and over when playing. Lost NL Showdown twice, once to second boss and than next to first.

I also got embarrassed in Events games by guys who should never beat me. Just can’t hit today ( although I went to Conquest and won a Legend game 1-0...I.e. still couldn’t hit)...

Even checked my internet speed to see if it was laggy or having issues. NOPE, I just suck today.
LOL. That's funny because I often think that! I just don't have it today. Other days I think I'm pretty good. But....it's a video game! I often play a Conquest game first thing to gauge how I'm hitting before trying a Showdown or online.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:49 PM   #407
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buziii
LOL. That's funny because I often think that! I just don't have it today. Other days I think I'm pretty good. But....it's a video game! I often play a Conquest game first thing to gauge how I'm hitting before trying a Showdown or online.
Yeah, that’s a great warm up or litmus to say you don’t have it. I got home from my son’s baseball facility and decided to play another event game...Lined up with a WS player and figured this will be ugly.... I got several leads but knew he would come back. I had two outs in the bottom of the 6th with a 2 run lead and he homered to tie and I figured that was it, I couldn’t hold on any longer. Ended up winning in 8 innings 12-11. I hit 7 dingers , he hit 5 Total opposite of earlier. Who knows??.. ( the homer fest was pretty silly, he had picked Shipett of course)...
Old 06-06-2020, 01:06 PM   #408
MVP

Are all stage 1 showdowns on veteran? Have they always been or is this new?

I beat al east in first shot and every mission including final boss was veteran.... I thought I remember al central having some all star stuff

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »