Home

Such fun! (need to vent)

This is a discussion on Such fun! (need to vent) within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2020, 06:25 PM   #1
Rookie

FindingTim's Arena

OVR: 4
Such fun! (need to vent)

Basically every game is a matchup like this. It's so discouraging.

And honestly, this team isn't even as scary as some of the squads.

You have to pretty much be perfect to have a chance.

I am routinely beat by players whom I genuinely believe are significantly lower skill.

And when I play All-Diamond™ teams with equal or superior skill, I get demolished. Or if I play impeccably, maybe I'll take a 3-1 loss.

Am I really the only person out there who is slowly but surely building a team through packs?

Lastly, how the heck do people get teams like this? And why can't the super teams get matchmaking against each other?

I'm sick of playing teams whose 3rd pinch hitter would be far and away my best player. It's simply not fun. Maybe for them??

/rant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2020, 06:29 PM   #2
Rookie

FindingTim's Arena

Re: Such fun! (need to vent)

P.S. My winning% is around .750

to all the All-World teams I've beat... how do you like them apples??
Old 04-22-2020, 06:38 PM   #3
MVP

papadell's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingTim

Basically every game is a matchup like this. It's so discouraging.

And honestly, this team isn't even as scary as some of the squads.

You have to pretty much be perfect to have a chance.

I am routinely beat by players whom I genuinely believe are significantly lower skill.

And when I play All-Diamond™ teams with equal or superior skill, I get demolished. Or if I play impeccably, maybe I'll take a 3-1 loss.

Am I really the only person out there who is slowly but surely building a team through packs?

Lastly, how the heck do people get teams like this? And why can't the super teams get matchmaking against each other?

I'm sick of playing teams whose 3rd pinch hitter would be far and away my best player. It's simply not fun. Maybe for them??

/rant
It's simply a product of how they choose Ranked Seasons to work. Instead of giving us playlists where we can choose difficulty or even a salary cap type mode to prevent team mismatches like this, they lump us all into Ranked Seasons because it's supposed to be "epic." They did have the Rating Mod feature prevent stuff like this, where your team would match you up with comparable teams. But that was actually worse than this because new players who might have gotten some good pulls or even bought cards were getting matched up with better players and getting absolutely demolished. I know when I started last year and had no clue how DD worked and didn't have my timing down yet, I hated getting matched with people who were clearly good at the game just because I pulled Aaron Judge and Corey Kluber. The rest of my team were silvers and a couple Golds and, really, I wasn't ready for Ranked play yet.

If they had a salary cap mode of some kind, you could go into it with your team knowing you won't face better teams. But this is just the way they want it to be. They want you to buy stubs to buy better players because you lost to a team with all diamonds. It's just the way it is.
Old 04-22-2020, 06:47 PM   #4
Rookie

FindingTim's Arena

thank you Coxatron

I'd been keeping it together until just now... playing games until the finish, taking my L's with dignity.

Then, in the 4th inning of the game shown above, my SS Adames booted an eeeeassssy inning-ending grounder that my aunt Kathy could have fielded (one of the boosts you get for purchasing 5 or more Diamond players is that the opponent has untimely errors)

Of course, two pitches later Gary Sanchez hits a low changeup down the left-field line and makes it 2-0. Things snowballed from there.

It was the first time things really boiled over for me, and I found myself throwing at opposing players -- not normally my style.

There's gotta be a better way. As it is, the result is that DD has taken someone who loves baseball more than anything (me) who is fairly skilled at the game (I think??)... and made them feel supremely frustrated and disenfranchised.

If y'all developers are going to disregard the other game modes in favor of your golden child Diamond Dynasty, at least make it so the Little League all-stars aren't taking on the '27 Yankees.

(a lot of the teams I play have Ruth and Gehrig... so funny enough... it kind of is like taking on the '27 Yankees)
Old 04-22-2020, 07:11 PM   #5
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

I mean I get your frustration, but you can field at least an all gold team for free just based off programs and moments and doing some collections and stuff. Theres really no need for you to be playing with bronzes and stuff. Youre setting restrictions against yourself and excluding the best ways to build your team and then getting furstrated when everyones team is better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2020, 07:29 PM   #6
Rookie

buziii's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingTim
P.S. My winning% is around .750

to all the All-World teams I've beat... how do you like them apples??
I'm not sure why you're complaining, when you have a .750 winning percentage? Do you think you should win every game? I have about a 33% winning percentage, and yes, it deters me from playing RS and Events as much as I would like, and I can put a team together with a lot higher rating than the one you're showing here. As you are showing by this post, player ability is a lot more important than player ratings. You gloat about beating superior rated teams. Just keep enjoying winning 75% against these teams.

Last edited by buziii; 04-22-2020 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:49 PM   #7
MVP

papadell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
I mean I get your frustration, but you can field at least an all gold team for free just based off programs and moments and doing some collections and stuff. Theres really no need for you to be playing with bronzes and stuff. Youre setting restrictions against yourself and excluding the best ways to build your team and then getting furstrated when everyones team is better.
I sorta get where he's coming from, though. You can definitely build a team without using silvers and everything but...part of the fun is slowly building your team. Early on it really does feel amazing pulling that Gold that slots into your rotation or pulling even a low-level diamond that you can add to the team. So many of these lower level cards are just useless once you open them or buy them for collections. Yeah, some cards are just terrible because some players aren't nearly as good as others. But if they had separate playlists or modes where you could actually use a team like his and get competitive games against people close to your SKILL level then it would add a whole new dimension to the game.

You can definitely build an All-Gold or better team with little effort. Absolutely true. But as he mentioned in his post, routine balls turned into errors followed by HRs is baked into the RS formula. Whether we're using Diamonds or Silvers, we all get subjected to the same garbage and it ultimately just feels bad for everyone involved.
Old 04-22-2020, 11:29 PM   #8
Rookie

Isn’t this the reason there is a Battle Royale mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »