Home

has anyone stopped playing?

This is a discussion on has anyone stopped playing? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2020, 08:29 AM   #17
MVP

papadell's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: has anyone stopped playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzojoe
the way you are, and most people are with the hitting, is the way I am with pitching. I use pulse. Stop telling me my location is "good" only to have the pitch i place down and in, go up the middle, or way outside. Especially if my pitcher has 90 plus control.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Operation Sports mobile app
Pitching feels more random than hitting this year. Even on analog. Nail your spots on the meter or BARELY miss and instead of the pitch being in the vicinity you aimed it's down the middle and blasted or 6 feet outside.

There were multiple times with Glavine in the event I played before I quit playing where I walked batters on 4 straight pitches where I was hitting perfect/just barely missing and the pitches would just float out of the zone. Then there's the whole issue of pitches on the black not being called strikes.

I just don't see how they settled on the game playing like this and are ok with it.
Old 06-20-2020, 10:40 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballguru2124
pulse i find to be the most random of all the pitching interfaces. i use meter as i used it from the very beginning of playing the show. i have tried analog and i just dont understand it. but using meter and getting perfect line should mean perfect spot but some how it gets hung and no where near the location. i wont lie, id like another option of baseball game. rbi doesnt count, its so bad.
I started using pulse two years ago. Meter became annoying. I could never hit in perfect. I totally agree with analog. Its confusing when i try using it. People say its the most rewarding. I dont see it. Last year, on pulse, i was unhittable. Analog, id get smoked.

Old 06-20-2020, 10:43 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxatron
Pitching feels more random than hitting this year. Even on analog. Nail your spots on the meter or BARELY miss and instead of the pitch being in the vicinity you aimed it's down the middle and blasted or 6 feet outside.

There were multiple times with Glavine in the event I played before I quit playing where I walked batters on 4 straight pitches where I was hitting perfect/just barely missing and the pitches would just float out of the zone. Then there's the whole issue of pitches on the black not being called strikes.

I just don't see how they settled on the game playing like this and are ok with it.
Exactly. I honestly think both pitching and hitting would be so much better without a worded feedback. I tried turning random ump calls off, (forget the term used in game) and still wouldnt get calls painting corners.

Old 06-20-2020, 10:49 AM   #20
Rookie

I might turn it back on this week to see if the cover star's live series card has any value. lol. Thats another thing thats very annoying. I understand that Baez isnt Trout, but his live series card should have some value to it. 100k at least. Locked in, regardless of the live series market.

Old 06-20-2020, 12:01 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxatron

If they added something akin to 2K's Domination mode where you can use your team to play vs CPU for different rewards across different difficulties I might be interested in playing again. But even if they did that there's still a finite amount of games. If they opened up Moments and things like that to let you use your team like 2K then I'd definitely play offline still. I would even still buy stubs to get cards I want.
This would be terrific but i've come to accept they have no interest about anything offline in DD and don't even care. 2K MyTeam offline is one of my favorite game modes for card collecting modes. They don't just have domination, they have 100s of other offline options. Maybe that's why it's considered the best sports franchise this gen as they seem to want to provide an option to all kinds of players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2020, 12:06 PM   #22
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

As a nice sign of where this game is heading, they've just released an MLB the Show debit card and are trying to flog it by giving away free packs with it. Almost cartoonish levels of greed
Old 06-20-2020, 12:37 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
As a nice sign of where this game is heading, they've just released an MLB the Show debit card and are trying to flog it by giving away free packs with it. Almost cartoonish levels of greed

I legit thought that was a joke at first. That clicking it would lead to a "jk about the card, enter your email for free packs" promo.
Old 06-20-2020, 12:50 PM   #24
MVP

papadell's Arena

Lmao they must really need some funds for the cross platform development.

Considering the key demo for this game seems to be teenagers and early 20's this is so diabolically cringe.

Can't fix gameplay but can make a new update that is graphical only and put out a card like this

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »