Home

has anyone stopped playing?

This is a discussion on has anyone stopped playing? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2020, 07:04 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: has anyone stopped playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherman24
Well, cause we’ll sit there and play, where someone else will go online, give up a HR to Ernie Banks and spend all their stubs on packs, not get him, be out of stubs and pull out MasterCard and buy stubs to get him off market. One mode our minority want would take extra programmer time and money, the other would take no work and make $10. Sadly that’s how I see it. Just like the prestige cards. You can’t sell them, right? But you can only get them online.

PS finished that dynamic March to October. Waste of time. Every game was scripted it seemed. They would dig 0-2 dirt balls for tying HR, put in next game down 4-0...it was just a miserable time. Like these moments with new faces of franchise to hit HR with Keith Hernandez settings. Really teetering between full quit right now.
I did one MTO. Totally agree with the scripting. I would turn my system off after a while, so games didnt count, did it like 3 times in a row and got some message saying id lose and half to start over or something. I know theres a term for that, but i forget. just waking up...lol
After I won the WS, and saw that it was the same bland franchise mode celebration animation...i was done. Decided to just grind in conquest and RS/Events.
Showdown feels scripted as well. Only tried it like 3 times. Refuse to use my hard earned stubbs.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-01-2020, 08:44 AM   #50
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzojoe
Showdown feels scripted as well.
Don't use the perks.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:18 AM   #51
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Don't use the perks.

What's the reasoning for not using perks?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2020, 07:03 PM   #52
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValhallaVikings
What's the reasoning for not using perks?
IMO, they imbalance the game (thus resulting in those odd type outcomes). Very much the same way that it does if you make extreme slider changes or play on HOF/Legend.

My success rate on Showdowns has skyrocketed since I stopped using them around the 2nd inning.
Old 07-04-2020, 08:13 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
IMO, they imbalance the game (thus resulting in those odd type outcomes). Very much the same way that it does if you make extreme slider changes or play on HOF/Legend.

My success rate on Showdowns has skyrocketed since I stopped using them around the 2nd inning.
I was doing real good and beating computer in all star like 10-0 then a few weeks ago showdown I stopped doing as good at all.

I'm back to work so I'm not as patient batting and not able to play as much. I've also been playing the event which I think makes me worse overall with the common Pitchers and quick counts. I just sing at whatever and try to prestige my players

I'll try no perks next time. I think I've just regressed cause I can't play as much ultimately
Old 07-23-2020, 10:18 AM   #54
Rookie

I'm pretty sure I'm done with MLB 20, the MLB series and even Playstation as a whole. Singleplayer has been neglected so badly in MLB that I don't trust them anymore and since MLB was the only thing keeping me in the Playstation ecosystem, the upcoming shift to a new console generation is a perfect jumping-off point.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:56 PM   #55
Rookie

I haven't played in over a month as I moved onto racing games. I just found that I was grinding nonstop for cards that I would never use.

And when I played online I just got my *** handed to me more often than not. I think my reaction time has just gotten too slow to be competitive online. And the hitting system no matter how long I play has never worked for me.

I don't really have a better suggestion for what they should do, but I find trying to move the PCI to the correct spot and time the pitches to be so freaking hard. It drives me nuts to see the people on youtube that have no issues with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2020, 03:53 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsaholic230
I haven't played in over a month as I moved onto racing games. I just found that I was grinding nonstop for cards that I would never use.

And when I played online I just got my *** handed to me more often than not. I think my reaction time has just gotten too slow to be competitive online. And the hitting system no matter how long I play has never worked for me.

I don't really have a better suggestion for what they should do, but I find trying to move the PCI to the correct spot and time the pitches to be so freaking hard. It drives me nuts to see the people on youtube that have no issues with it.
Agreed. I played like two actual games in the last two months. I do not miss the grind or getting my smoked online.

Online is so annoying. Im a pretty good baseball guy, but doesnt mean anything if your reaction timing is off. Also the Kluber/Newhouser game after game thing. Grinding offline in something like conquest, you should be able to choose your pitcher. If against another human, the pitcher should be randomly selected.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »