Home

has anyone stopped playing?

This is a discussion on has anyone stopped playing? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2020, 05:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
has anyone stopped playing?

I havent played in about 3 weeks. I dont know if its because how much I played due to quarantine, and just burning out, or getting over 20 headliner packs and only pulling silvers, and no diamond pulls in TA packs, the defensive glitches and pitch location issues, or just no baseball in general.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2020, 10:22 PM   #2
MVP

Re: has anyone stopped playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzojoe
I havent played in about 3 weeks. I dont know if its because how much I played due to quarantine, and just burning out, or getting over 20 headliner packs and only pulling silvers, and no diamond pulls in TA packs, the defensive glitches and pitch location issues, or just no baseball in general.

I'm back to work so I'm trying to squeeze in like 90 mins total a day in 2 or 3 split sessions... It sucks. I actually very much want to play. I'm really liking the event and showdown right now. Haven't been playing showdown bc I haven't had time to sit and do a full one straight. I think I've had 33% of nl west done for like a week

Saving stubs for trout. I'm looking for to dad conquest map

I play the whole game, seems like people that only do online may get burned out a bit quicker

Id actually like to sit on the market and flip for a while but that too I can't do with my time. Quarantine I was getting so much done everyday lol
Old 06-18-2020, 10:48 PM   #3
Rookie

The last headliner pack i pulled was in the conquest map for the fourth inning. I remember seeing another silver, and just turning the game off. im a few XP away from Kluber's 99 card and just said screw it. Gold 47 or So. Didnt pull him earlier, went for hitters instead. I have the Royals, Indians, Phillies and Yankres at 100% and no team under 50 % for TA, and no diamond pulls yet. I think thats whats killed the fun the most was my lack of diamond pulls. lol

Old 06-18-2020, 10:50 PM   #4
Rookie

I pulled 3 diamonds this year. All low level, not worth squat. Realmuto, Ramirez, and the worst one Baez. Its frustrating to know, that the cover athlete's card is worth nothing. Im not saying Trout's price, but it shouldve been a 100k card at the least. I got him, he was worth around 13k. Last I checked, he was like 6k or so. Frustrating man.

Old 06-19-2020, 12:33 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6

Had not played in like 4/5 weeks. last weekend played some H2H online games and it was good but did it out of boredom.

But really have given up on this years game. no desire to play. maybe if there is a real season it will motivate me to get back to playing but not sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2020, 06:54 AM   #6
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I've been playing less, but I still play.

They kinda put lipstick on a pig when they rolled out this last patch. They need to show us our opponent's PCI placement. They also need to let people swing and miss more. That timing window is excessively big.

One good thing is the SP stamina fix. Sounds like if a SP didn't start the game and was brought in he would regenerate stamina like he never even pitched. They still shouldn't allow starters in from the pen in RS, just saying...

They really need to incentive ranked seasons more. It's like the main mode of the game but there's no real reason to play it. The Foster/Pedroia aren't great. Hate to take something from Madden...but their season mode is better. What if we had a system where you had a small regular season then playoffs. Like you had to win 7 of 10 like Madden, and a perfect 7-0 gets you a bye. You obviously can't do 3-game series, but you can have 3 playoff level games to try and get a nice reward.

Have a type of season for all 3 major game levels: All-Star, HOF, Legend

I would have a specific set of rewards for each level for each "season".

Idk I just wish they would really expand on having ranked seasons mean more.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 06-19-2020, 10:17 AM   #7
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

Not grinding as much as I was but still playing some every night. Enjoying the latest event getting in 4 or 5 games a night.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 06-19-2020, 10:46 AM   #8
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Stopped completely? No. But man, this mode is a "tinkering around with" mode for me now.

The content has just been super bad this year (though, again, like last year, the rewards aren't too bad). I'm just really hoping that they roll out something that is actually fun here soon.

Like, I would LOVE an incredible collection card (like Honus last year) that requires you to complete all of the Stage 1 and 2 collections (they could roll out another later in the year for completing the Stage 3 and 4 collections). I mean something along the lines of a Mickey Mantle or something crazy like that.

It's just been pointless for me to grind given that there is nothing "cool" to shoot for.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »