Home

What do you do for timing/approach?

This is a discussion on What do you do for timing/approach? within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2020, 09:04 AM   #9
MVP

papadell's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What do you do for timing/approach?

Speaking of inside pitches: I forgot how often they produce late results. I've had several just in the last day where the ball is perfectly squared in the PCI and even looks in the green on the swing result but pulls late. I wonder if that was intentional to offset hitting a bit because they don't feel late. Not really a complaint an observation.
Old 07-28-2020, 10:40 AM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I just pray it’s not a sinker on my hands, and if it is I hope I can not swing.

I typically look hard-in but even then I’m often late. I then say don’t chase balls low out the zone and still do.

Even with my flaws I am still better than most opponents so for all I think I struggle I know they do too
Idk if I just getting paired up horrible but it seems any change up low in the event is mashed and trying to get a fastball up and out of the strike zone is mashed even if it's well out of the zone. I won a rs game last night and played well but I'm wild card level so still all star I believe. Seems like sliders for homers must be turned up for the event.
Old 07-28-2020, 10:44 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxatron
It sounds like you might be out guessing yourself too. Granted I'm not sure if you're on a monitor or TV and whatnot so any kind of latency will make it difficult.

But if you're good on settings I'd suggest really focusing on the release point. Don't look at the pitcher, find the exact spot the ball comes out of. It's the same spot each time until a new pitcher comes in. Like focus in on the spot and pick a spot in the background (like the batters eye or a spot in the stands) and just look there. Nowhere else.

Once you get the release point down, I feel pitch recognition will come easier so you aren't guessing and actually reacting.

And always be ready for the fastball and adjust to offspeed. If you sit offspeed you're going to struggle unless you get lucky and get it exactly where you're sitting.
Yeah I think it was you that posted thst a month back on release point and I do that. Twins ballpark its hard to see with their ivy type situation but most other places have a spot to zero in on. Like dodger stadium has people behind the pitcher to reference. You mentioned trying to pick up spin but that I can't do out of the hand.

Mister gravy video on YouTube I know mentioned seeing the ball rise out of the hand if breaking and releasing straight down if fastball... But I can't see that in action.

Last night I played rs and got to wear I could predict this guy's pitches pretty consistent which was nice and I won and hit really well but felt he was overly predictable... Had a good record tho.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2020, 11:36 AM   #12
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

I finally snapped out of my funk over the weekend. Finding the release point was a big reason why I was in such a funk. I guess I just got lazy and complacent but as soon as I started focusing on that again things turned around. Funny you guys mentioned MisterGraaavy. It was his video that kind of reminded me of finding the release point.

I definitely try to lay off the low soft stuff and make them bring the ball up. I've settled on starting my pci middle up which has been the most consistent for me. I just use the 3 circles or diamonds. No inner and outer.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 07-28-2020, 01:12 PM   #13
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

I snapped out of mine last night a bit as well. I made a lineup of all high vision. Lowest one was my catcher at 105 vision. I was raking LOL. Maybe it was just luck, but I feel like my crappy PCI placement was made up for with the high vision of the guys I was using.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »