Home

MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Wishlist - How to Make a Great Mode Even Better

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Wishlist - How to Make a Great Mode Even Better within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2021, 07:14 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Wishlist - How to Make a Great Mode Even Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
Something I’ve always wanted them to do is have every card in the game sellable. There are some things I don’t ever want to do, like Moments, but I’m forced to because it’s the only way to get certain cards. There might be someone else who likes doing Moments, but doesn’t care about the reward, but if it was sellable, they could play what they like, then sell the card they don’t want to help pay for one they would.
Agreed. Equipment and players. With RTTS and DD linked this year, maybe all equipment is sellable and for a good price. The only diamonds I pull are equipment and stadiums. Last year, they were practically worthless. Lol

Sent from my moto g stylus using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-26-2021, 11:09 AM   #10
MVP

Re: MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty Wishlist - How to Make a Great Mode Even Better

I would like for my opponent to not pause a million years

The one downside to this though is when I play a dude that can't hit and just bunts all game long. I have to keep pausing the game to adjust my defense. Then the 6th inning comes around and I'm almost out of pause time, lol.

Other people will pause, don't warm anyone up, don't adjust defense and they just pause for the whole clock, the next inning they get more time. This is lame especially if you only have enough time to play like 3 event games or 1 ranked seasons game but you can maybe stretch it a little....can't do that with pause happy people.

Also to prevent me from being screwed then make it where we can adjust our defense without having to go to the pause menu. Make the pitcher pitch after 10 seconds or so, so it can't be abused but they really gotta kill these dead spots in the game.
Old 02-27-2021, 10:30 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValhallaVikings
I would like for my opponent to not pause a million years

The one downside to this though is when I play a dude that can't hit and just bunts all game long. I have to keep pausing the game to adjust my defense. Then the 6th inning comes around and I'm almost out of pause time, lol.

Other people will pause, don't warm anyone up, don't adjust defense and they just pause for the whole clock, the next inning they get more time. This is lame especially if you only have enough time to play like 3 event games or 1 ranked seasons game but you can maybe stretch it a little....can't do that with pause happy people.

Also to prevent me from being screwed then make it where we can adjust our defense without having to go to the pause menu. Make the pitcher pitch after 10 seconds or so, so it can't be abused but they really gotta kill these dead spots in the game.
I stopped playing online games because of the pause crew. There should be universal options before a game to combat it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2021, 11:29 AM   #12
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14

I'd like to see a Ranked Season change to eliminate the chance of playing multiple difficulties in a given rating range. Allow the player an option to play in the higher difficulty setting only when they reach certain difficulty threshold.

For example, when getting to DS (700-799) allow the user the option to only play HoF rated opponents until the player is knocked down to WC (699) or advances to WS (900+). At 900, the same option would exist to only play on Legend until the player is knocked down CS (899).

I'd gladly take the reduced pool if I know what difficulty the game will be played at. As it stands now, I don't want to burn a good HoF pitcher - Bauer, for example - in a potential AS game. IMO pitching matters less on lower difficulties, so there's no advantage to use a card like Bauer in AS.
Old 02-27-2021, 03:46 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmnky
I'd like to see a Ranked Season change to eliminate the chance of playing multiple difficulties in a given rating range. Allow the player an option to play in the higher difficulty setting only when they reach certain difficulty threshold.

For example, when getting to DS (700-799) allow the user the option to only play HoF rated opponents until the player is knocked down to WC (699) or advances to WS (900+). At 900, the same option would exist to only play on Legend until the player is knocked down CS (899).

I'd gladly take the reduced pool if I know what difficulty the game will be played at. As it stands now, I don't want to burn a good HoF pitcher - Bauer, for example - in a potential AS game. IMO pitching matters less on lower difficulties, so there's no advantage to use a card like Bauer in AS.
I've been staying in the 700 range... Going up a couple then losing a couple. I dont think it's hof as much as the varying pitch speeds and it being kind've random on each game.

In the event I was 10-1 on hall of fame to start... I then played ran and scored like 9 runs, won another game in AS going up against a lower ranked opponent. Then played a higher ranked opponent on hof right after and pitch speed might as well have been 120mph. Felt like I was on pitches and was "very late" instead. I feel it was lag to be off so bad and not being able to correct it as the game went but yeah the up and down of pitch speeds makes it rough. The whole 9 innings I felt I was on pitches and consistently super late.
Old 03-07-2021, 02:01 AM   #14
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

1. Refresh the main conquest map every so often. I loved the inclusion of new conquest maps though out the season but there is literally no incentive to play the main map a second time. Refresh the rewards and put a new high level card in as the reward occasionally.

2. In conquest let the home stadiums be dictated by the squares they are on and not the team that holds the square. That way by the end of conquest the player will have played in all 30 stadiums. Nobody wants to play in the Yankees stadium 5 times simply because they have taken over the east coast.

3. Maybe some type of offline Events style mode, that gives us reasons to create diverse lineups. Other than daily missions to play with players from a certain team there is no reason to try other cards.

4. Please stop having total base missions. Or at least stop putting the slowest player on the team on 1st base when I am at bat. The number of times I have been held to a single because the baserunner can't advance from first to third on what would be a clear double is frustrating. Total base missions are hard enough without that issue

5. Let me view my entire list of cards outside of the team filters. Make a list where I can sort by overall rating, date acquired, etc

6. Let me quick sell all duplicates even if it is by tier. "Quick Sell all duplicate commons", "Quick Sell all duplicate bronze". The current method of selling them one by one is a huge waste of time!!!!

7. Give offline users a reason to collect Stadiums (or create a new stadium). You are always the visiting team in conquest (if you know how to play). You are dropped into specific parks in moments and showdowns. The only time you can really choose a stadium is when you are asked to beat he CPU on All Star difficulty or higher.

Last edited by Dolenz; 03-07-2021 at 02:06 AM.
Old 03-16-2021, 07:14 PM   #15
Rookie

A DH option would be nice.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »