Home

MLB The Show 21: 2nd Inning Program Guide and Overview

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21: 2nd Inning Program Guide and Overview within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-07-2021, 04:11 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
MLB The Show 21: 2nd Inning Program Guide and Overview

The 2nd Inning Program has launched today in MLB The Show 21 Diamond Dynasty. More people...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2021, 04:59 PM   #2
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 21: 2nd Inning Program Guide and Overview

Is it just me, or did they forget to put the actual content in the program? A tiny conquest map worth only 15k, then that's essentially it? I know it's only just launched and they'll add more along the way, but that's pretty much nothing to actually do to get the experience (other than the usual "win 5 games of RS" etc)
Old 05-07-2021, 05:56 PM   #3
MVP

papadell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Is it just me, or did they forget to put the actual content in the program? A tiny conquest map worth only 15k, then that's essentially it? I know it's only just launched and they'll add more along the way, but that's pretty much nothing to actually do to get the experience (other than the usual "win 5 games of RS" etc)
Is Double XP still active?

They slowly rolled stuff out in the first inning and it looks like they're really pushing for more gameplay XP vs solid chunks. There's most likely 2 or more player programs which should be about 70k there. The Showdown will be another huge chunk as well.

It just looks like they're trying to reduce the immediate completion and really fill the month. Previously you could lock the bosses, do the showdown, conquest and a couple other things and basically finish the program in a day.

Follow me on Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8A...uDFXjreISo7lbA

Latest Youtube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kXuJAqn5MQ
Old 05-07-2021, 06:08 PM   #4
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadell

They slowly rolled stuff out in the first inning and it looks like they're really pushing for more gameplay XP vs solid chunks. There's most likely 2 or more player programs which should be about 70k there. The Showdown will be another huge chunk as well.

It just looks like they're trying to reduce the immediate completion and really fill the month. Previously you could lock the bosses, do the showdown, conquest and a couple other things and basically finish the program in a day.
Just looks like not a lot to actually do though, especially as a mainly offline player. It's all well and good getting rewarded for playing, but you need a reason to play in the first place. Endlessly completing the US conquest map repeatedly isn't exactly riveting yet it's essentially the only offline thing to do that offers any reward at all
Old 05-07-2021, 06:11 PM   #5
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadell

Yeah, they're using a season approach for sure. Rollout during the season, not a 'all at once' program.

Yet somehow....there are bosses for sale on the market....like....WHAT? 3 hours after launch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2021, 06:18 PM   #6
MVP

papadell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Yeah, they're using a season approach for sure. Rollout during the season, not a 'all at once' program.

Yet somehow....there are bosses for sale on the market....like....WHAT? 3 hours after launch?
That's gotta be a glitch for sure. I know there were a couple methods floating around and they haven't patched them yet.

Follow me on Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8A...uDFXjreISo7lbA

Latest Youtube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kXuJAqn5MQ
Old 05-11-2021, 04:45 PM   #7
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Program updated with the 2nd Inning Showdown now out.
Old 05-14-2021, 04:40 PM   #8
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Updated with the 52K new XP you can earn between McGriff collection and new missions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »