Home

What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition

This is a discussion on What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2022, 02:34 AM   #17
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadell
Didn't pull anything in my free 20. Maybe like 2 golds. I couldn't even offload fast enough as prices continued falling. I have dozens of sell orders that probably won't even go through.

Took Randy and Mauer. Something is keeping me from buying the CA cards towards Mauer. Probably knowing he should get a better card later in the year and not wanting to blow stubs now. I'll just use the worse version of him for a little.

I burned out fast, though. All that excitement and anticipation to pull an all-nighter and I'm crashing hard. They're also performing server maintenance at 7 am EST so that's worth knowing for anyone that would be on around that time. After the first couple crashes I've been playing pretty smoothly.

Got the Gold Babe Ruth program done. That's about it, honestly. Played 2 Mini-Seasons games so far. Interesting that pitcher stamina isn't functioning the way it did in Conquest last year. I wonder if you can still just tee off on 5th starters or if CQ is using similar stamina settings.
Did your mini season games count as wins? I won 2 games, didn’t get a server error and it still says I lost the games.
Old 04-01-2022, 02:52 AM   #18
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
Played my 1st mini season game. They changed the cpu 3 inning logic, they actually brought in a new pitcher each inning instead of not pulling the starter even with low energy.
That was the first thing I noticed in the tutorial conquest also.

Did you notice the Cardinals ended 21 with 5 diamonds and start 22 with only 1 diamond?

Only Arenado stayed a diamond. Goldschmidt, O'Neill, Bader and Gallegos were all downgraded to gold. Bader was knocked all the way down to an 81 from an 85.
Old 04-01-2022, 02:58 AM   #19
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

I didn’t expect Bader or O’Neill to start out at diamond because at the beginning of the year, I think they try to limit the diamonds and weigh past seasons more heavily than they do at the end of the year, but I think Goldy and GG had the performance history to have started out diamond. I expect those 2 to go up pretty quickly once the season starts and if the other 2 hit well, they can make it too.
Old 04-01-2022, 03:18 AM   #20
MVP

papadell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
Did your mini season games count as wins? I won 2 games, didn’t get a server error and it still says I lost the games.
My 2 wins are showing at least as of now. I didn't have any crashes or anything while playing those, though.

Decided to buy Matt Olson after all. Didn't buy the bundle like I was going to because prices didn't really end up where I thought they would. Obviously the gatekeepers are 100K and up but everything else just kinda fell within the range they usually are. I got a couple of the beginner Conquest Maps done and will probably pick back up there when I hop back on tomorrow. I'll either start the USA map on Friday or Saturday, probably.

Got up to the first Legends choice pack.

Team as of now with just pack pulls and 1 market buy:

88 Mauer
Arozarena (RF)
Matt Olson
Stanton
LS Corey Seager
83 Killebrew
84 Jim Edmonds
84 Michael Young (2B)

LS Votto
Moustakas
LS Edman
82 Babe Ruth
Billy Hamilton

Manga Randy Johnson
Bauer
Flaherty
83 Kazmir
80 Lee

David Price
Chaz Roe
Scott Barlow
Diego Castillo
Jorge Alcala
Chad Green
81 Mariano
LS Kenley
Old 04-01-2022, 05:07 AM   #21
MVP

Any streamers Friday morning giving us twitch packs? I don't see the drops enabled icon for anyone like I did on sds page
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2022, 06:32 AM   #22
MVP

And companion app still showing as 21? It's giving me 22 notifications but still has 21 stub count, market, etc
Old 04-01-2022, 07:11 AM   #23
Rookie

ravens_yankees's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValhallaVikings
And companion app still showing as 21? It's giving me 22 notifications but still has 21 stub count, market, etc
I needed to update my app and that seemed to fix things for me.
Old 04-01-2022, 07:44 AM   #24
Rookie

ravens_yankees's Arena

Things went better for me this morning, and was able to get my pre-order rewards today. That help in knowing all the players on my team. Finished off the batter up conquest maps, and will finish off the mystery one before giving mini seasons a shot.

At times last year it felt more like a checklist rather than a team, and while that is unavoidable in some ways I’m going to treat it more like a baseball team and do things like force a rotation and not just pitch with the same pitcher every game to get then parallels. I’m going to run my main squad and AAA squad and go through a mini season or conquest map with the team.

It’s early but feels a lot different when you have Jhonkensy Noel come up in a big spot and he’s your best option, but feels better eeking out a 1-0 win. So for now at least I’m just going to play and not worry about things like collections.

I also pivoted and took Manga Mantle over The Big Unit.

SS - Wander Franco
3B - Austin Riley
CF - Mantle
LF - Joey Gallo
1B - Brian Anderson
RF - Seth Brown
C - Curt Casali
2B - Willi Castro (never heard of him before, but he’s still hitting 1.000 for me)

My rotation is -
Carlos Rodon
Jameson Taillon
Joe Ryan
Deivi Garcia
Clarke Schmidt

And bullpen -
Iglesias
Gallegos
Chapman
Jansen
Jose Alvarado