Home

What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition

This is a discussion on What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2023, 07:35 PM   #2769
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What Are You Working On? (Returning) - MLB The Show 22 Edition

The amount of stuff they have at launch is really overwhelming. I really like the change they made to the ranked program, even though I probably won’t be able to play online for a while.
Old 03-23-2023, 07:38 PM   #2770
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
The amount of stuff they have at launch is really overwhelming. I really like the change they made to the ranked program, even though I probably won’t be able to play online for a while.
They absolutely crushed the stream and the launch content.
Old 03-23-2023, 08:19 PM   #2771
MVP

papadell's Arena

OVR: 0

If I have one gripe it's the set 1 collections not being core. They're going to be the most expensive cards in the game and only being able to carry one forward with wild cards is a bit disappointing.

Everything else? Insane. Mini Seasons gets some extra legs although I'm not sure how much people will grind classic over and over as it will be the same as last year.

The amount of content is just... Overwhelming doesn't even seem to be the right word. It's just absurd how much content is coming just at launch. I really thought we'd get a handful of 99s each season but they went all out.

Incredibly excited to get started.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2023, 08:48 PM   #2772
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadell
If I have one gripe it's the set 1 collections not being core. They're going to be the most expensive cards in the game and only being able to carry one forward with wild cards is a bit disappointing.

Everything else? Insane. Mini Seasons gets some extra legs although I'm not sure how much people will grind classic over and over as it will be the same as last year.

The amount of content is just... Overwhelming doesn't even seem to be the right word. It's just absurd how much content is coming just at launch. I really thought we'd get a handful of 99s each season but they went all out.

Incredibly excited to get started.
We can have one hitter and one pitcher wild card or just one period?

I also couldn't even keep track of how many shohei ohtani cards there are...that's worse than smoltz 2 or 3 yrs ago
Old 03-23-2023, 09:19 PM   #2773
MVP

papadell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValhallaVikings
We can have one hitter and one pitcher wild card or just one period?

I also couldn't even keep track of how many shohei ohtani cards there are...that's worse than smoltz 2 or 3 yrs ago
I hope there's a smoltz captain card for a smoltz theme team

I don't believe they made it clear on the wild cards. My interpretation was 1 overall but if it's 1 of each, that lessens the blow.

But still. We don't know if this replaces the big legend collections but I'd bet it does. The fact that those can take ages to complete and so much time and money makes the rotation of those really sting

It's gonna feel REAL bad if you get that babe, can't use him in season 3 only to see another babe Ruth released while the other one sits in your inventory
Old 03-23-2023, 09:22 PM   #2774
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

So...my one gripe....

We're basically all going to have absurd teams in no time. The CPU teams in Conquest...plain old Live Series (barring a MAJOR surprise)?

The best part of the early DD is the fact that there is actually some level of parity with the Live Series CPU teams for the first month (maybe 2) post-release. After that, our teams become OP and we lose parity.

Now...maybe we get two days before that happens....

A friend had suggested, "Why not at least give them their Season 1 Captain cards"? And frankly, that's a REALLY good idea...that would even things out a fair bit.
Old 03-23-2023, 10:03 PM   #2775
Rookie

ravens_yankees's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
So...my one gripe....

We're basically all going to have absurd teams in no time. The CPU teams in Conquest...plain old Live Series (barring a MAJOR surprise)?

The best part of the early DD is the fact that there is actually some level of parity with the Live Series CPU teams for the first month (maybe 2) post-release. After that, our teams become OP and we lose parity.

Now...maybe we get two days before that happens....

A friend had suggested, "Why not at least give them their Season 1 Captain cards"? And frankly, that's a REALLY good idea...that would even things out a fair bit.
I hope they have something up their sleeves with conquests. With the amount of cards at launch it seems like a shame to just have live series. Would love to see captain cards so teams get boosted, because otherwise things are going to be really unbalanced before official launch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2023, 06:19 AM   #2776
MVP

I can't select custom uniforms, it's making me do mlb teams... That happen to anyone else?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »