Home

Diamond Dynasty - Faces of the Franchise Postmortem

This is a discussion on Diamond Dynasty - Faces of the Franchise Postmortem within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2022, 05:05 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Diamond Dynasty - Faces of the Franchise Postmortem

It's officially May, which means MLB The Show 22 is almost a month old now. While...

Written By: Cory Dell

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2022, 05:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Diamond Dynasty - Faces of the Franchise Postmortem

I love the changes they've made to the program. I mainly play offline I don't like playing ranked and hate playing moments and now I don't feel like I need to in order to get to the good stuff.

I'm happy to play conquest or mini-seasons or just get XP from playing franchise games.

I already feel like I have a good variety of useful cards, plus I've earned plenty of studs to buy what I want, which for me is just any Oakland A's card.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2022, 07:18 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

I'm also a big fan of the new program style. It's nice to just focus on the program (with a couple special side quests) and playing ball instead of trying to manage like three separate grinds.

My only complaint, and it's not new, is the staggered release of offline content during the program. I wish they'd drop it all at once so you can play at your preferred pace. Sometimes I've run out of things to do, but other times I feel rushed at the end or wonder if leaving town for a few days will screw me over somehow.
Old 05-02-2022, 07:46 PM   #4
Just started!

What are peoples thoughts on what to do with cards now hold or sell I have a bunch of sellable FOTF cards that aren’t making my lineup or bench anymore. Should I sell and use the stubs to finish some of the live series or hold in hopes they are need for a collection or go up more in price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2022, 08:04 PM   #5
MVP

papadell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by konkretekid10
What are peoples thoughts on what to do with cards now hold or sell I have a bunch of sellable FOTF cards that aren’t making my lineup or bench anymore. Should I sell and use the stubs to finish some of the live series or hold in hopes they are need for a collection or go up more in price?

I always hesitate to tell people what to do with their stubs. But I'll tell you what I decided to do with the FoTF cards.

I had bought low on a handful when they were around 8k. As they've begun to climb, I off-loaded the ones eligible in the current event and held the others for now. I'll probably consider moving them if they rotate into active events.

Faces of the Franchise will be a part of collections. Every collection set provides a voucher for the bigger collections. And it's a virtual certainty that the cards will continue to increase. I personally decided to just take the profit now versus waiting and potentially being burned. If SDS is already adding Event Rewind packs, then there's nothing stopping them from releasing Rewind Boss packs and as I mentioned in the article - I think they will sooner than later.

So really it comes down to your priority. I'm not interested in finishing the Live Series stuff anytime soon but I still took the profits on some of these now. If you want the LS done ASAP, then taking the profit and moving on might be best. If you'd prefer to be ready for collections, holding onto them for now will do one of two things: provide you the cards to collect if those collections interest you or provide significant stub boosts if the collection doesn't interest you.

I'll just caution you (and everyone) that with the programs being different, the marketplace changes (quicksell values) and Rewind packs already floating around; there's really no way to know what the best decisions are.

It's ultimately why I am such a big fan of the changes. The last several years have been rinse and repeat. Buying event/BR/WS cards low then flipping them when the collections drop and ending up with millions of stubs and the collection done. That isn't to say this won't still be a thing, but it feels like SDS is intentionally trying to change the dynamic so I think we're all gonna slowly find out how the market adjusts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2022, 08:23 PM   #6
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadell
I always hesitate to tell people what to do with their stubs. But I'll tell you what I decided to do with the FoTF cards.

I had bought low on a handful when they were around 8k. As they've begun to climb, I off-loaded the ones eligible in the current event and held the others for now. I'll probably consider moving them if they rotate into active events.

Faces of the Franchise will be a part of collections. Every collection set provides a voucher for the bigger collections. And it's a virtual certainty that the cards will continue to increase. I personally decided to just take the profit now versus waiting and potentially being burned. If SDS is already adding Event Rewind packs, then there's nothing stopping them from releasing Rewind Boss packs and as I mentioned in the article - I think they will sooner than later.

So really it comes down to your priority. I'm not interested in finishing the Live Series stuff anytime soon but I still took the profits on some of these now. If you want the LS done ASAP, then taking the profit and moving on might be best. If you'd prefer to be ready for collections, holding onto them for now will do one of two things: provide you the cards to collect if those collections interest you or provide significant stub boosts if the collection doesn't interest you.

I'll just caution you (and everyone) that with the programs being different, the marketplace changes (quicksell values) and Rewind packs already floating around; there's really no way to know what the best decisions are.

It's ultimately why I am such a big fan of the changes. The last several years have been rinse and repeat. Buying event/BR/WS cards low then flipping them when the collections drop and ending up with millions of stubs and the collection done. That isn't to say this won't still be a thing, but it feels like SDS is intentionally trying to change the dynamic so I think we're all gonna slowly find out how the market adjusts.

Thanks man this is a great summary. This is my first year really doing DD so any insight is always helpful as I don’t have any prior experience to go on.

Old 05-03-2022, 01:44 PM   #7
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunopuntzjones
My only complaint, and it's not new, is the staggered release of offline content during the program. I wish they'd drop it all at once so you can play at your preferred pace. Sometimes I've run out of things to do, but other times I feel rushed at the end or wonder if leaving town for a few days will screw me over somehow.
SDS is clearly gating the amount of available XP at any given time.

People should not be able to jam through a 1-month program in 2 days - it's far too open to exploitation by 'try hards'.

NBA 2k does this as well with their "seasons" (they just don't have universal "gameplay XP" - which is the only plus of their system IMO).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »