Home

Post WrestleMania Title Plans

This is a discussion on Post WrestleMania Title Plans within the Dirt forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling > Dirt
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2015, 10:19 PM   #49
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Post WrestleMania Title Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostbobsaget
I would love an Austin vs Ambrose scenario to play out next year leading into Wrestlemania with Ambrose as the heel.
Would be interesting. Would rather see Rock/HHH tbh if were choosing a match for Rock, but don't think that'll draw like him and Brock.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:40 AM   #50
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0

This may be a rant, but here it goes.....

There are big differences between the situations of Batista/Rock and Brock Lesnar wrestling part-time.

Number One, Brock Lesnar has a part-time contract but he is booked WAY differently than Rock and Batista. Brock is booked especially good since him holding the belt brings the title back to the good days of territorial wrestling where the champion wasn't around all of the time. It made the title defenses special. If Rock was booked the same way and kept it longer than a couple months, I wouldn't have minded Rock holding the title.

Number Two, we all knew that Rock got over on Cena so he could come back, win the belt from whoever was champion at the time and drop it to Cena at the next Wrestlemania. It ruined the whole point of the second meeting between them and thus ruined the title reign.

Number Three, although Rock is maybe a better entertainer than Brock and Batista, we all know that Brock is a better wrestler and a better athlete than both of them combined. Everytime I saw Batista or Rock wrestle a match they were both blown up quickly where Brock can go from bell to bell.

Number Four, we all know why Batista was pushed, don't we? He is one of Triple H's boys and that is the only reason. He had his run, but when he left he wasn't over like he was in 2006 and he wasn't going to be over when he came back. Plus, Batista doesn't have any respect for the wrestling business since he stated he didn't learn anything while being developed in OVW by Jim Cornette, one of the greatest minds in the business. If you can't learn a single thing from Cornette, you shouldn't be in wrestling.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:25 PM   #51
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I disagree with you sooo hard on Batista. I think he has a tremendous respect for the business. And he wasn't over when he left? His last 6 months or so was probably the best run of his career! He was a great heel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2015, 02:12 PM   #52

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Even though I admire and respect Cornette, his wrestling mind is stuck in the 80s.....in the south.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:23 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB

Number Three, although Rock is maybe a better entertainer than Brock and Batista, we all know that Brock is a better wrestler and a better athlete than both of them combined. Everytime I saw Batista or Rock wrestle a match they were both blown up quickly where Brock can go from bell to bell.

Number Four, we all know why Batista was pushed, don't we? He is one of Triple H's boys and that is the only reason. He had his run, but when he left he wasn't over like he was in 2006 and he wasn't going to be over when he came back. Plus, Batista doesn't have any respect for the wrestling business since he stated he didn't learn anything while being developed in OVW by Jim Cornette, one of the greatest minds in the business. If you can't learn a single thing from Cornette, you shouldn't be in wrestling.
Disagree with this portion of your post.

Three: You are either grossly overrating Brock or grossly underrating Rock and Batista. When is the last time Brock legitimately went "bell to bell?"
WM: Taker suffered a concussion which derailed the match. A lot of rest holds and slow pace as a result.
Vs Cena: All he did was methodically throw Cena around.
Triple Threat: spent half the match "injured" at ringside while the other two actually worked the match.

Four: Batista was pushed because he is a big strong guy. Cornette is a relic of the past. Besides, Batista is decent.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:38 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

I just had a thought

Assuming Reigns wins, it seems like everyone has forgotten that Lesnar has a rematch clause. And I believe Orton should have one as well.

Could this possibly setup Lesnar vs. Orton?

Last edited by cima; 03-29-2015 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:49 PM   #55
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Orton's expired due to the 3 month rule, remember?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2015, 02:04 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

I didn't know. The last time I watched wrestling regularly was in the early 00s and they didn't have the rematch clause back then so I wasn't sure how it worked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling > Dirt »