Home

Daniel Bryan in bad physical shape

This is a discussion on Daniel Bryan in bad physical shape within the Dirt forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling > Dirt
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2015, 02:21 AM   #17
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Daniel Bryan in bad physical shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Damn, did DBry steal your girl? Seems like you're going very hard at him. Talk about kicking a guy when he's down.
There are a lot of other ways to use him if he can't wrestle. I just don't see anything that suggests he'd be good at commentary. I think it'd be cool if the "Board of directors" made him commissioner to act as a foil for the authority, much like HBK and Foley both did after their first retirements.

It's coming out now that it's a concussion. And a really bad one. And that there is actually a really good chance he may never come back. And he may have worked the ladder match at Mania with symptoms. I hope the guy is okay for his own health, regardless of whether he can ever wrestle again.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:01 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

I find the report from the Observer on this a little bit weird. It said that he suffered the concussion from Sheamus before Wrestlemania... but Sheamus didn't return until AFTER Wrestlemania.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:20 AM   #19
All Star

OVR: 2

Live show maybe?
Old 06-25-2015, 11:34 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 0

I believe Bryan was going against Barrett at live shows, could be wrong, but if he did get a concussion before WM it would've been by Barrett.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:27 AM   #21
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

And there was that match after Mania where Sheamus did that power bomb out of a suplex move he does now and dropped Bryan on his head. Maybe they meant that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2015, 12:55 AM   #22
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
And there was that match after Mania where Sheamus did that power bomb out of a suplex move he does now and dropped Bryan on his head. Maybe they meant that?
Or there was the Smackdown where Sheamus threw Bryan out of the ring and Bryan caught the corner of the announce table and busted himself wide open.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:07 PM   #23
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Not sure if anyone talked about this but last week Bret Hart made some interesting comments in a "state of the WWE" to Sports Illustrated. Here's what he said about Bryan:

Quote:
“Daniel Bryan is finished,” said Hart. “He’ll never wrestle again. I don’t think he knows it yet. I feel terrible about Daniel Bryan. For all intents and purposes, he had the exact same thing happen to him that happened to me after Bill Goldberg kicked me in the head [ending Hart’s career].

“One day, you learn it’s over. Doctors tell you that you can’t wrestle and you’ll never wrestle again. I lost millions of dollars because of that. I pray that it’s not the same for Daniel Bryan.”.......

“I saw him in a lot of his matches after he came back from the injury, and he was taking suplexes on the back of his head, powerbombs, and other really dangerous moves,” said Hart. “I know he wanted to test it out, but I think he may have pushed himself too hard. He’s like Dynamite Kid in the sense that they’re both tough and neither wanted to admit that injuries got the best of them. He’s finished forever, but I don’t think he’s even realized that. He’s probably thinking, ‘Maybe it will get better in a few months,’ but unfortunately, I don’t think it will.”

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 06-26-2015, 04:20 PM   #24
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Not sure if anyone talked about this but last week Bret Hart made some interesting comments in a "state of the WWE" to Sports Illustrated. Here's what he said about Bryan:
I read that. Speculation on the part of Hart, but he does speak from experience as post-concussion symptoms ended his career. We don't know the extent of Bryan's injury as WWE has been tight-lipped and Bryan himself hasn't said much. He's been traveling and obviously doing Tough Enough, so he can get around and function, but we don't know what his physical limitations are.

I hope he's able to come back, but certainly understand if that's not in the cards for him.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling > Dirt »