Home

Future plan for Reigns?

This is a discussion on Future plan for Reigns? within the Dirt forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling > Dirt
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2016, 12:39 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Future plan for Reigns?

http://whatculture.com/wwe/update-on...-reigns-return

I don't follow dirt too much so I don't know how reputable Wade Keller is, although I've heard him on Austin's podcast before and he seems to be in the know. If the crowd was harsh on him before, a redemption storyline isn't going to help him
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2016, 02:15 PM   #2

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Future plan for Reigns?

Redemption storyline won't work so great. People got tired and annoyed at Cena who wins 95% of his matches,being treated as an underdog each time. Reigns trying to get sympathy...just sounds like it'll fail

Only way i could see it working is if they do the whole redemption story,and it ends with Reigns turning heel after. Try to build sympathy for him,and then he turns his back on everyone regardless if they bought in or not.
Old 07-03-2016, 04:47 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

I like Reigns, but I think they've screwed up his babyface push beyond repair outside of two days last December. Fans love the chase, instead we get title shot at MITB , title shot at Battleground, win vs Orton at Summerslam, Royal Rumble win for Reigns after The Shield split, although his injury had a factor in that. He would have been much better off as the guy to beat Rusev at WM instead of main eventing the show IMO. The only thing I could think of that could help him would be putting him in a match with someone like Nakamura where they just kick the hell out of each other, with Reigns losing clean without kicking out of any finishes. That should at least get the bulletproof label off of him
Old 07-03-2016, 09:17 PM   #4
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I like Reigns, but I think they've screwed up his babyface push beyond repair outside of two days last December. Fans love the chase, instead we get title shot at MITB , title shot at Battleground, win vs Orton at Summerslam, Royal Rumble win for Reigns after The Shield split, although his injury had a factor in that. He would have been much better off as the guy to beat Rusev at WM instead of main eventing the show IMO. The only thing I could think of that could help him would be putting him in a match with someone like Nakamura where they just kick the hell out of each other, with Reigns losing clean without kicking out of any finishes. That should at least get the bulletproof label off of him
At this point, there is no need to ever think he can be a universal babyface. They just need to go all-in with him being a dominant tweener in the same vein as Lesnar, Batista, and even Cena to an extent.

He would be the perfect guy for the next big pushed face to knock off.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 07-04-2016, 08:38 AM   #5
Champs!

Kearnzo's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
At this point, there is no need to ever think he can be a universal babyface. They just need to go all-in with him being a dominant tweener in the same vein as Lesnar, Batista, and even Cena to an extent.

He would be the perfect guy for the next big pushed face to knock off.
Pretty much this. I look at the night after Mania as the perfect way to book Roman. He challenged anyone in the locker room to a match, was completely dismissive of guys like Zayn even coming down to the ring to challenge him, then looked cocky as hell after spearing Jericho. No happy go lucky attitude, no stupid jokes, just a dominant force.

I don't understand how it's that hard for them to figure it out, but let him act like that for a few months and people will start to appreciate him more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2016, 11:03 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearnzo
Pretty much this. I look at the night after Mania as the perfect way to book Roman. He challenged anyone in the locker room to a match, was completely dismissive of guys like Zayn even coming down to the ring to challenge him, then looked cocky as hell after spearing Jericho. No happy go lucky attitude, no stupid jokes, just a dominant force.

I don't understand how it's that hard for them to figure it out, but let him act like that for a few months and people will start to appreciate him more.
His match with Rollins is another example of how he should be booked, especially the way he was throwing Seth around during the beginning of the match
Old 07-04-2016, 07:38 PM   #7
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Never reported that or even threw it out there as an idea. But every site seems to be running with it. :-/
https://twitter.com/thewadekeller/st...87594126479360
Old 07-07-2016, 02:55 PM   #8
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Didn't read the responses here but I read some speculation that Vince still has massive love for Reigns and wants to run a redemption storyline with him where he starts from the bottom and works his way up culminating in a main event title match at WM.

Take that for what it's worth.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling > Dirt »