Home

Franchise Mode: College or Pro?

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode: College or Pro? within the Maximum Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2018, 03:08 AM   #17
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise Mode: College or Pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
Who said anything was being abandoned? We are curious to know what the preference is. I think we should be allowed to ask the community what they like!

The plan is to still have Franchise/Season modes supporting both Pro/College.
That would be awesome, this is the way to go for sure. Would love to see different playoff type options, 4 team college playoff(ability to add up to 6 or 8 teams), regular NFL playoff format with 12 teams, etc. Choose between College Scouting or Pro Draft, etc. You guys are heading in the right direction!
Old 09-15-2018, 10:44 AM   #18
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwo1f
I want the game to succeed, I really do.

And a fan of the current state? no. Isn't it good for a company to know why?

I just am really trying to convey that since it is a very tiny company, decisions you make NOW really really affect the future...I am worried. I am expressing concerns.

If that is the attitude you take, and the company takes ...then you are doomed. I have been a Madden slider developer for years, a front page sports football player for years and years and years...A Maximum Football v1 and v2 owner since the start. If you don't even want to entertain some negative feedback or suggested concerns then so be it - that isn't a good business model whatsoever.

(...I was actually trying to HELP you guys...but c'est la vie I guess).

And to reiterate/clarify - the poll wording suggests it's one or the other (so that was a legitimate point I made) - and if it is one and not the other, then my concern is the fans (CFL in particular) and the work that was previously done (legit) - also, if there was an overall plan from the start (a "vision", then why even the poll? - I know it makes good sense, just saying there is some great contradictions in a sense to this point). And if you are now saying the plan is both, then my legit concern is how do you possibly have the resources to do both well? (given what was produced this year) - again a legit concern. And I expressed a desire and recommendation to focus on doing one mode well (what is the problem with that?) - sorry that all these very valid concerns upset you? I just want the game to be focused, well thought out, and planned with good valid decisions made to grow the product and fans. Put personal feelings aside and just think about these points - they are all legit and really should be considered at the top.

Happy Gaming

I get your point here and before, to do one of the two well instead of both halfway, for lack of a better term.

The thing is, just because they do both does not mean they’ll both be a subpar effort. Same idea for doing just one does not necessarily mean they will do it very well. It’s entirely possible to put in both modes with a high quality effort.

instead of “only do one and do it well,” id say “if you do both just please make sure they receive adequate time and resources to be deeply enjoyable.”

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan
Old 09-15-2018, 01:17 PM   #19
Rookie

redwo1f's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19

instead of “only do one and do it well,” id say “if you do both just please make sure they receive adequate time and resources to be deeply enjoyable.”

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I would agree, and thank you for not being antagonistic as my original was indeed intended to be a very valid concern given small development team and budget.

Here's an idea...put main focus on one mode, and add the second as a payware DLC. That may generate some good additional revenue for them - but idk, just thinking out loud, sort-of-speak.

Old 09-16-2018, 02:05 PM   #20
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwo1f
I would agree, and thank you for not being antagonistic as my original was indeed intended to be a very valid concern given small development team and budget.

Here's an idea...put main focus on one mode, and add the second as a payware DLC. That may generate some good additional revenue for them - but idk, just thinking out loud, sort-of-speak.

I would consider this. Generally, I'm very against pay-for-play DLC type stuff. The only time I've ever paid extra on top of a game was for uniform packs in NCAA. Given what this game is, and represents, however, I'd be willing to part ways with a few more bucks. It's for a better cause than for EA lol

Major Boise State fan
Old 09-16-2018, 02:51 PM   #21
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19

The DLC model could work in the future over a yearly release. Part of the problem though is slicing out the DLC from the Main game is a lot of development work. You're basically creating subsets of the game. We don't have the team size for that yet.

Could be something we look at if we can scale our development team (we are hiring in Peterborough and Hamilton!).

Join our Discord to learn more - https://discord.gg/v8aFWkmYMT!

http://www.varsityvideogame.com
https://www.spearinteractive.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2018, 06:17 PM   #22
ASU
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
My personal favorite games are 2K5 and PS2 NCAA games. The poll is eye opening so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a good selection of games
Old 09-18-2018, 04:18 PM   #23
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

You give us a full college season complete with full customization options and folks will flock to the game. But a Franchise Mode for College with only a handful of teams won't sell like you want. You need to have the 129 teams, even if they need to be generic teams, for some of us to truly jump at this. If you do, I'm buying.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:07 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Voted on Twitter for College.

Also I see it a a HUGE POSITIVE to be a small development team. Look at how handcuffed all of the EA devs are because they have to answer to so many people. They could have a great game changing idea or feature, but get shot down. Nothing wrong with expanding the development team, just don't expand how many guys get a say so in the decision making and the sky is the limit.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football »