Home

College Dynasty Rosters

This is a discussion on College Dynasty Rosters within the Maximum Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2019, 08:08 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: College Dynasty Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricAggie
I might be stating the obvious here, but I'd like to see a wide variety of team types based on ratings. For example, I'd like to see teams with the following characteristics:
-Strong Offense, Weak Defense
-Weak Offense, Strong Defense
-Strong Passing Attack (Highly Rated QB & WRs), Weak Running Game (Low Rated RB & FB) - Offensive gameplan would be Spread or Air Raid
-Weak Passing Attack (Low Rated QB & WRs), Strong Running Game (High Rated RB & FB) - Offensive gameplan would be Smash Mouth or Option
-Strong Front Seven, Weak Secondary
-Weak Front Seven, Strong Secondary
-Balanced Teams (No particular strengths or weaknesses)
-Cupcake Teams (Weak in every category)
-Juggernaut Teams (Strong in every category, think Bama & Clemson)
-Any combination of the above

As far as the players themselves, I'd like to see an emphasis on different categories of players based on ratings. For example:
-Scrambling QB vs Pocket Passer
-Power RB vs Speed RB
-Possession Receiver vs. Speed Receiver
-Receiving TE vs. Blocking TE
-Run Blocking OL vs. Pass Blocking OL
-Run Stuffing DL vs. Pass Rushing DL
-Run Stopper LB vs. Coverage LB
-Hard Hitting S vs. Coverage S
-Man CB vs. Zone CB
-Balanced for any of the above

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

To add on:
Players with a scheme specific skill set. (Like a 3-4 outside linebacker would have his skills diminished if he played in a 4-3 scheme)

I don't know about anyone else but I hate how common 90+ overall players are. I think 90-95 type overall players are 1st team all american type guys.(Roughly 25-30 total) 96-99 would be generational talent type of players. Vince Young/ Reggie Bush/ Barry Sanders. (Maybe 1 or 2 every 5 years or so) 85-89 would be good starters on good teams.

A lower level team, someone like an Eastern Michigan (The school with the worst D1 winning percentage) is filled with players in the 40s or so.

I shouldn't be able to have 5 or 6 players in the high 90s on one team.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:41 PM   #10
Rookie

ElectricAggie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddMatter
To add on:

Players with a scheme specific skill set. (Like a 3-4 outside linebacker would have his skills diminished if he played in a 4-3 scheme)

I don't know about anyone else but I hate how common 90+ overall players are. I think 90-95 type overall players are 1st team all american type guys.(Roughly 25-30 total) 96-99 would be generational talent type of players. Vince Young/ Reggie Bush/ Barry Sanders. (Maybe 1 or 2 every 5 years or so) 85-89 would be good starters on good teams.

A lower level team, someone like an Eastern Michigan (The school with the worst D1 winning percentage) is filled with players in the 40s or so.

I shouldn't be able to have 5 or 6 players in the high 90s on one team.
I like your theory on how very few players should have the elite ratings. From what I've seen on the discord server, the college players and pro players will be rated on the same scale. So basically, the college players will max out somewhere in the 80s, while the top pro players can hit 99. But your point still stands. For example, Reggie Bush should be an 85, while a starter that does his job on an average team should be like a 55-60. Cupcake teams should have lots of 40s (maybe even 30s for backups on those teams?). Only a handful of players should be in the 80+ category.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Houston Rockets

Old 07-07-2019, 10:10 AM   #11
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

OVR: 9
College Dynasty Rosters

Can you make teams that have drastically different play styles? On one side Navy’s flexbone running scheme but on the other side Wasington State’s extremely pass heavy scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2019, 10:36 AM   #12
Just started!

Also I don’t know if you guys deal with recruits, but can we have secret gems that are already 5 stars like Trevor Lawrence where they are already a top recruit but they can come in and instantly be star or top QB/player. Those guys would be very very rare and there rates in MF19 would be like 75-80’s
Old 07-07-2019, 01:49 PM   #13
Rookie

Honestly I think 30&40 rated players are way to low I think the lowest a player should be is 50
I do agree there shouldn't be a bunch of 95 thru 99 rated players those players should be super elite
I believe 90-94 should be for elite players 80 rated players should be above average players 70 rated players should be average 60 rated below average. Also need Rpo types of quarterbacks also have to take in account some 3stars blossoms in to super elite players

Last edited by Call9; 07-07-2019 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-07-2019, 02:27 PM   #14
Rookie

wreckem27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call9
Honestly I think 30&40 rated players are way to low I think the lowest a player should be is 50
I do agree there shouldn't be a bunch of 95 thru 99 rated players those players should be super elite
I believe 90-94 should be for elite players 80 rated players should be above average players 70 rated players should be average 60 rated below average. Also need Rpo types of quarterbacks also have to take in account some 3stars blossoms in to super elite players
Why would 30 & 40 rated players be too low?
Old 07-07-2019, 02:50 PM   #15
Rookie

ElectricAggie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call9
I believe 90-94 should be for elite players 80 rated players should be above average players 70 rated players should be average 60 rated below average.
As stated earlier, the college players will be rated on the same scale as pro players in the game. That means that the max player ratings for college players should be somewhere in the 80's. Basically, think of rating college players in Madden. A backup player in Madden is usually in the 60's and 70's. A backup player on a cupcake college team should be WAY below that, so that's where I came up with ratings in the 30's and 40's.
Houston Rockets

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2019, 06:45 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricAggie
As stated earlier, the college players will be rated on the same scale as pro players in the game. That means that the max player ratings for college players should be somewhere in the 80's. Basically, think of rating college players in Madden. A backup player in Madden is usually in the 60's and 70's. A backup player on a cupcake college team should be WAY below that, so that's where I came up with ratings in the 30's and 40's.

Agreed. You also have to think that some of the lower FBS schools get out recruited by FCS/D2 schools. So some of their backups are actually worse than starters in FCS and D2. I've seen several high school kids pass on a D1 offer to go to a D2 school with better winning tradition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football »