Home

Doug Flutie's Maximum Football - FAQ

This is a discussion on Doug Flutie's Maximum Football - FAQ within the Maximum Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2019, 09:11 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Doug Flutie's Maximum Football - FAQ

...will the ability be there to play ANY game on the schedule or even better, have 130 team control in franchise? (I will gladly settle for being able to play any game though...)

I'm pumped to have the opportunity to play a new football game that does not have 'EA' on the label...

My biggest concern is that Maximum Football becomes popular enough to scare EA, which would in turn activate the 'panic of 2005' forcing them to reach into their deep pockets to disable your ability to make another edition of your football game (see ESPN NFL 2K5...)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2019, 10:09 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yount19
...will the ability be there to play ANY game on the schedule or even better, have 130 team control in franchise? (I will gladly settle for being able to play any game though...)

I'm pumped to have the opportunity to play a new football game that does not have 'EA' on the label...

My biggest concern is that Maximum Football becomes popular enough to scare EA, which would in turn activate the 'panic of 2005' forcing them to reach into their deep pockets to disable your ability to make another edition of your football game (see ESPN NFL 2K5...)
That's not what happened, though. The NFL decided to make its video game license exclusive and accepted bids from publishers. EA didn't seek to end its competition, they wisely outbid everyone else for the rights. Blame the NFL for the current state of its video game exclusivity, not EA. EA can't disable Canuck Play's ability to create a game with generic teams, logos, and players. Unless EA offers to buy them out. In which case, that'd be a victory for Canuck Play if they're looking to maximize their value.

If Canuck Play continues to improve its product and gets to the point where they're a legit competitor, we could only hope they wouldn't accept a buyout and instead continue to improve their product and provide gamers with multiple football game options.

Edit--According to the trailer, you can play any game on the schedule that you want.

Last edited by King of Kings; 08-21-2019 at 10:42 PM.
Old 08-22-2019, 04:11 AM   #67
Rookie

Tom0307's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kings
That's not what happened, though. The NFL decided to make its video game license exclusive and accepted bids from publishers. EA didn't seek to end its competition, they wisely outbid everyone else for the rights. Blame the NFL for the current state of its video game exclusivity, not EA. EA can't disable Canuck Play's ability to create a game with generic teams, logos, and players. Unless EA offers to buy them out. In which case, that'd be a victory for Canuck Play if they're looking to maximize their value.

If Canuck Play continues to improve its product and gets to the point where they're a legit competitor, we could only hope they wouldn't accept a buyout and instead continue to improve their product and provide gamers with multiple football game options.

Edit--According to the trailer, you can play any game on the schedule that you want.
Getting bought by EA is a death knell for most studios. Look at their acquisitions and how many of those studios they haven't disbanded
Old 08-22-2019, 06:16 AM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom0307
Getting bought by EA is a death knell for most studios. Look at their acquisitions and how many of those studios they haven't disbanded
I mean in terms of them getting paid.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:19 AM   #69
Rookie

Sorry, if this has been asked before but will I be able to play an Dynasty online with friends? PS4
Old 08-22-2019, 09:37 AM   #70
Rookie

krildog's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahickory
Sorry, if this has been asked before but will I be able to play an Dynasty online with friends? PS4
No. No Online Dynasty this year.
Chicago White Sox
Indiana Hoosiers
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 08-22-2019, 10:37 AM   #71
Just started!

Are there plans to update the game throughout the season in order to accommodate for what the players are wanting/asking for? I know that time and resources are limited.

They could release the game, make their sales and hire more developers and just make the updates purchasable but affordable as well, like $5 to unlock the new updates, etc.

Not sure if this will work or not but just throwing that out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2019, 10:47 AM   #72
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by slharrison21
Are there plans to update the game throughout the season in order to accommodate for what the players are wanting/asking for? I know that time and resources are limited.

They could release the game, make their sales and hire more developers and just make the updates purchasable but affordable as well, like $5 to unlock the new updates, etc.

Not sure if this will work or not but just throwing that out there.

We did a number of content updates last year and will do the same this year. We added a logo editor last year as a content update so we will probably look at adding another meaningful feature too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join our Discord to learn more - https://discord.gg/v8aFWkmYMT!

http://www.varsityvideogame.com
https://www.spearinteractive.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football »