Home

Excitement is building for this game

This is a discussion on Excitement is building for this game within the Maximum Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2019, 09:00 PM   #33
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Excitement is building for this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflman2033
Yeah, sadly I just saw the button scheme for 2018 and it's more like the old ps2 games. Even on 06 I've been NFL Street button scheme. Mainly speed burst being X button rather than R2. So now I have to decide if I am willing to unlearn what I have learned and retain my brain to go back to that.

So much to like about this game, but I keep coming up with excuses to not get it. Was a huge Doug Flutie fan too.

I may wait to see what everyone on here says about it.

I mean not getting any other PS4 NCAA game any time soon. So tired of 14 for ps3 now.
Could use PS4's custom button assignments... just an idea.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:34 AM   #34
Pyramid Lake Games

OVR: 1

Quote:
Yeah, sadly I just saw the button scheme for 2018 and it's more like the old ps2 games. Even on 06 I've been NFL Street button scheme. Mainly speed burst being X button rather than R2. So now I have to decide if I am willing to unlearn what I have learned and retain my brain to go back to that.
The R2 button is reserved for WRs in Canadian play I believe.

http://www.varsityvideogame.com
https://www.pyramidlakegames.com
Old 09-19-2019, 10:11 PM   #35
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
I, for one, am hoping that they adopt 2K's "tap to sprint/hold to charge" system in future games. But you're right, if there was one button to sprint with, I would prefer it be R2 if possible.

As far as "unlearning" though, I will be used to it after a single play. I can play a game like COD with a Legacy stick control scheme, and then play other 3PS games where you are forced to aim with the right-analog stick only. I have no problem adjusting after just a few seconds.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football »