Home

Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2019 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2019 Gameplay Trailer within the Maximum Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2019, 06:04 PM   #1
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2019 Gameplay Trailer

Here's the gameplay trailer for Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2019. The second cert submission packages have been...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

Join our Discord to learn more - https://discord.gg/v8aFWkmYMT!

http://www.varsityvideogame.com
https://www.spearinteractive.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2019, 07:08 PM   #2
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: DFMF 2019 - Gameplay Trailer

When you say we can edit team info, does that include history?

Can we set it where Indiana Catholic has won 11 national championships, etc?
Old 08-23-2019, 07:28 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
When you say we can edit team info, does that include history?

Can we set it where Indiana Catholic has won 11 national championships, etc?

Dude....?

We should really prioritize what we would like to have in this game. Here's what I would like to see:

Free of bugs.
Slightly better graphics.
Better free flowing animations.
- RBs pushing off the OL.
- Spin moves that have a juke incorporated into (more realistic looking). not a figure skating type move.
- Better Pass defense animations that go beyond the defender turning and jumping with both hands in the air.
- WRs/Defenders catching balls mid-stride of a pass instead of stopping dead in their tracks.

Better customization
- More jersey type. Not all QBs have loose sleeves. At least not in the U.S.
- File/Roster sharing.
- Multiple logo options for jerseys and stadiums (LSU's tiger eye for midfield / tiger head + "LSU" letters for helmet).

These are just a few things. Not whether I can add to my teams history or not. That should be important to what we all want in a college football game.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:34 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Hey I just saw the trailer it was excellent 👍 definitely a day one purchase so much was put into this year's game it's mind boggling that such a small team was able to pull it off in a one year cycle. Spear you and your team should d be very proud of what you guys did so far I know this is just another step in the process and you are now where near your goal but still thumbs up. Quick question will we be able to change the field size from American to Canadian size also will a full tutorial be available. Thanks
Old 08-23-2019, 07:40 PM   #5
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Great stuff. It's very encouraging that Canuck Play is stepping up and offering an alternative (and pretty cool to hear The Arkells!)

The only thing that seems to leap out at me in any critical sense is the way the camera tracks the ball on passing plays, though after rewatching it seems like less of an issue. Otherwise, the animations seem like they're a tremendous leap forward from (and much smoother than) Maximum 18.

Nice touch on the real-time post-play animations and "SACK" graphic on the score bug.

I'm willing to be lenient and understanding of what the developers were able to accomplish. What they did accomplish seems very impressive, especially with all the customization and Dynasty/Career options. It's evident that a lot of work went in, and I'm looking forward to next month!

Last edited by CarryTheWeight; 08-23-2019 at 07:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2019, 07:44 PM   #6
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchmeister08
Dude....?

We should really prioritize what we would like to have in this game. Here's what I would like to see:

Free of bugs.
- Spin moves that have a juke incorporated into (more realistic looking). not a figure skating type move.
- Better Pass defense animations that go beyond the defender turning and jumping with both hands in the air.
- WRs/Defenders catching balls mid-stride of a pass instead of stopping dead in their tracks.

Better customization
- File/Roster sharing.
- Multiple logo options for jerseys and stadiums (LSU's tiger eye for midfield / tiger head + "LSU" letters for helmet).

These are just a few things. Not whether I can add to my teams history or not. That should be important to what we all want in a college football game.
Right.

And I, as someone who understands this is a really small dev team (compared to say, EA Sports), am simply asking if there's an editable team history section, not requesting that one be put in.

Not improved graphics, intricate animations, file sharing (which won't happen because of the EA/NCAA business), etc.

I personally have absolutely no idea what Maximum Football 18 was like. But tons of people are saying this game is a huge improvement from last year. So let's focus on that.

Last edited by TripleCrown9; 08-23-2019 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:10 PM   #7

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchmeister08
Dude....?

Free of bugs.

Better customization
- File/Roster sharing.

It's almost as if he said that the only thing he cares about is whether or not the team's history is editable.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:14 PM   #8
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It's almost as if he said that the only thing he cares about is whether or not the team's history is editable.
He caught me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football »