Home

Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2019 Available For Xbox One/PS4, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2019 Available For Xbox One/PS4, Post Impressions Here within the Maximum Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2019, 05:09 PM   #225
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2019 Available For Xbox One/PS4, Post Impressions

To add to some of the feedback, I agree that body types need to be worked on. Gameplay elements need to continued to be worked on/implemented such as spin, juke, stiff arm etc.

Teams and play style. The must be variation because every game feels the same.

The other big selling point for me was the customization. I got the game and saw how tedious it was, and will never attempt to do any logos. A serious downer. They must have better logo design, adding for all 130+ team, logo share. The whole thing.

Overall, the game will not be On the level of Madden 21 next year. We all know and understand that, But the game must take a big leap forward if the team wants further support. I have to feel like I am at least playing a close-to-version of NCAA 14 to get to this level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2019, 05:53 PM   #226
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2019 Available For Xbox One/PS4, Post Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
To add to some of the feedback, I agree that body types need to be worked on. Gameplay elements need to continued to be worked on/implemented such as spin, juke, stiff arm etc.

Teams and play style. The must be variation because every game feels the same.

The other big selling point for me was the customization. I got the game and saw how tedious it was, and will never attempt to do any logos. A serious downer. They must have better logo design, adding for all 130+ team, logo share. The whole thing.

Overall, the game will not be On the level of Madden 21 next year. We all know and understand that, But the game must take a big leap forward if the team wants further support. I have to feel like I am at least playing a close-to-version of NCAA 14 to get to this level.
I don't know why anyone would say it won't be on the level of Madden 21. I wouldnt want it to be on that level because that level sucks. Madden is a greedy copy and paste game almost every year. Ok. Its graphics and some gameplay is the only level we can speak of. Maddens graphics could be better by now as well. Its franchise mode is absolutely embarrassing. Madden is awful and has no innovation and I'm never buying another Madden again.

I have played Maximum 19 instead this year and I'm having way more fun playing it than Madden. Why?. Because Madden is almost the same game every year and I dont want to play and pay for the same game with little changes or upgrades. Yes its graphics is better and gameplay seems more advanced but in my opinion its gameplay is not fun after being the same year in and year out. Franchise mode is God crap awful.

Maximum 19's dynasty mode is more fun to me than Madden's crappy franchise. Maximum 19 does have bugs that can be fixed and when they are and just a few features added to dynasty and idc about the graphics if they just tune and smooth them out. After that I'm just fine with it. A few more features and take a wrench to gameplay and we have a college game to go to. And with the lack of graphics it will still be more enjoyable than Madden and it actually to me is now.

Comparing it to a game that has been declining is stupid. And Maximum 19 being more fun to play than Madden already is embarrassing for a company that has made millions and millions. Its much better to support a company that listens and are bringing and working hard on updates that includes a lot of request from us. So lets grasp the hold on to the ones that love us and appreciate our support instead of running back to the ones who steal our money.

Last edited by Max.Is.Da.Future; 11-14-2019 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:43 PM   #227
Rookie

I definitely appreciate what the guy above says. To me though, the gameplay is just not there yet. Hopefully it will get there. For me personally, the gameplay/atmosphere needs to get closer to the level of NCAA Football 10 or better. I intend to buy maximum next year. But to be honest, I bought a ps3 and NCAA 13. I've been playing that a LOT. I'm finding myself having ordered 12 and 11 as well to be able to change things up.

For me, maximum is just not there this year. And I was excited for this game. But I do realize that they are a small company still. I'm hopeful that as they keep adding people that this game begins taking off for them. One fear I have with ea is that they will make a new college game and mess up and make a college game like Madden.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:51 PM   #228
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max.Is.Da.Future
I don't know why anyone would say it won't be on the level of Madden 21. I wouldnt want it to be on that level because that level sucks. Madden is a greedy copy and paste game almost every year. Ok. Its graphics and some gameplay is the only level we can speak of. Maddens graphics could be better by now as well. Its franchise mode is absolutely embarrassing. Madden is awful and has no innovation and I'm never buying another Madden again.

I have played Maximum 19 instead this year and I'm having way more fun playing it than Madden. Why?. Because Madden is almost the same game every year and I dont want to play and pay for the same game with little changes or upgrades. Yes its graphics is better and gameplay seems more advanced but in my opinion its gameplay is not fun after being the same year in and year out. Franchise mode is God crap awful.

Maximum 19's dynasty mode is more fun to me than Madden's crappy franchise. Maximum 19 does have bugs that can be fixed and when they are and just a few features added to dynasty and idc about the graphics if they just tune and smooth them out. After that I'm just fine with it. A few more features and take a wrench to gameplay and we have a college game to go to. And with the lack of graphics it will still be more enjoyable than Madden and it actually to me is now.

Comparing it to a game that has been declining is stupid. And Maximum 19 being more fun to play than Madden already is embarrassing for a company that has made millions and millions. Its much better to support a company that listens and are bringing and working hard on updates that includes a lot of request from us. So lets grasp the hold on to the ones that love us and appreciate our support instead of running back to the ones who steal our money.

You missed my point. The gameplay is not even close, and please do not tell me that you think that it is. There are many things that EA can get dragged for being a copy and paste, but the game is light years ahead of this game in gameplay, graphics, play calling, team feel etc. If you cannot see that, I do not know what to tell you.
Old 11-19-2019, 11:58 PM   #229
MVP

With that being said, I am all in on this game taking the leap. I’d prefer a new feel college game over an NFl games any day of the week.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:11 PM   #230
Rookie

TeejMoore's Arena

Now that we're all quarantined and looking for something to satisfy our boredom, would this be a game that you would recommend buying. I prefer college feel way more to the NFL, but does this truly fulfill that?
Old 03-31-2020, 01:46 PM   #231
Rookie

rupe's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeejMoore
Now that we're all quarantined and looking for something to satisfy our boredom, would this be a game that you would recommend buying. I prefer college feel way more to the NFL, but does this truly fulfill that?
Absolutely not. It in no way feels like a college game. Had hope for this, but it fails miserably. No continued support to address the many issues. Save your money for next years game and hope they improve, or dust off that PS,PS2, or PS3. NCAA Football 98 was much better than this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2020, 06:13 PM   #232
Rookie

Honestly, I was excited for this game. I didn't expect much, but it's not that good. Gameplay is just slow as far as button responsiveness. Recruiting takes way longer than it needs to take. No rhyme or reason top some of the recruiting. I had a huge lead with me being the only offer, yet the kid randomly commits elsewhere. Also, I was able to get 3 star kids to commit even though i didn't have a scholarship to give. Sadly. I would have to give a pass on this one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football »