Home

Doug Flutie’s Maximum Football 2019 Review: Back to the Drawing Board

This is a discussion on Doug Flutie’s Maximum Football 2019 Review: Back to the Drawing Board within the Maximum Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2019, 10:19 PM   #9
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Doug Flutie’s Maximum Football 2019 Review: Back to the Drawing Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiringFool
We're all for criticism and we use all feedback to improve the game with each update, but some of the largest points in this were addressed with the last content update which is a bit misleading to people looking for a review of this game.
Noted, the reviewer played what he played, but obviously fine with you disagreeing. He didn't even really dig in to the game until after the second patch/update so this isn't a matter of having a conception from one point of time to the next after the update.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:30 AM   #10
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

I enjoy playing it, haven't had much time to play since the updates though. Hopefully Sliders can have their own menu within the Dynasty Menu without having to go to the team select menu to adjust them per game.

Animations are way too stiff so I agree about the animations. Otherwise not a bad game for the price and well worth supporting it.
Old 11-02-2019, 10:36 AM   #11
Rookie

**** I agree with the review, this is not a bad game but this does not "feel" like a college football game. The customization is great but I have neither the time nor inclination to do 130 teams. Maybe with file sharing this would be a different game but as it stands I too prefer Axis Football.* Trying to create a college football atmosphere with out school names, logos, commentary and stadiums out of the box is a tall order. I do appreciate the effort but not quite there yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2019, 02:08 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 21

Based on what possibly could happen with new NCAA licensing agreement, this game may become obsolete before it really gets to where it wants to go if EA gets back into the college football market and builds on NCAA 14.

It appears as if a few more iterations are in order before it captures the essence of a college game and there are also a plethora of on field gameplay and animations that need to be cleaned up and/or added to. That could take years especially when talking about animations, motion capture, player movement, etc.

We all have to wait and see if EA or 2K will do a college football game if licensing allows...not sure where that is headed at this point.

C
Old 11-02-2019, 03:46 PM   #13
Rookie

If they can at least add in a feature to hire coaches and the possibility the coach can get fired and things like ticket prices , stadium upgrades and being able to truck defenders, intercept the ball easier, easier to throw the ball to a receiver on tougher routes, couple more tackles and breaking tackles better, able to challenge plays, more ppl on side lines and just tune up gameplay if that was done I don't care what E greedy A comes out with. So if Maximum Football can add those features I'm still buying DFMF over EA any day. I read something that they may release a new one next year. But if DFMF keeps upgrading I don't want to support a company that is greedy and ignores supporters.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:58 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Based on what possibly could happen with new NCAA licensing agreement, this game may become obsolete before it really gets to where it wants to go if EA gets back into the college football market and builds on NCAA 14.

It appears as if a few more iterations are in order before it captures the essence of a college game and there are also a plethora of on field gameplay and animations that need to be cleaned up and/or added to. That could take years especially when talking about animations, motion capture, player movement, etc.

We all have to wait and see if EA or 2K will do a college football game if licensing allows...not sure where that is headed at this point.

C
If some how DFMF can at least add coach hiring and that the coach has responsibilities and can get fired. And stadium finances, able to change settings at anytime and just tune up game play before EA or 2k releases something im sticking with DFMF over the selfish companies that completely ignores supporters. When we have a shot to support a company that is willing to do what its supporters want.
Old 11-02-2019, 04:28 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB

Ever since EA acquired the exclusive NFL rights, it has been a struggle to get a...

Written By: Josh Houtz

Click here to view the article.
In the future with reviews at least don't make up stuff because the ball does not float in the air like a snails pace when you throw it. Some of the review was ok but when you are haulted and bump into lies the review is completely thrown out and hard to trust future reviews. At no point have I thrown the ball and seen it travel in the air as slow as a snail or even at a slow pace...Even when it's a deep lob throw it travels just fine. Now could the release look better. Sure. But that's not what the issue was. Be honest and tell it like it is because that could cost the team supporters and that would suck because that is not true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2019, 09:05 PM   #16
Rookie

I will say that I probably had to high of hopes for this game. I wanted very much to like it. I remembered all of the NCAA games and even bought a used PS3 and a copy of NCAA 13 to play before it came out.

Maybe I expected to much. I appreciate the effort, but the gameplay and atmosphere to me are horrendous. The fact that there is no kind of commentary makes this game terribly boring as well.

My biggest complaints are when I'm playing, the QB takes WAY to long to throw. Sometimes I hit the button to throw, and get sacked due to the animation being to far behind.

Simulation in the dynasty mode takes way way too long also. I know they have a new guy to work on that. I think their biggest thing there was that they appear to be saving after every game. Just save at the end of the sims. That would probably speed things up exponentially.

That being said, this is a great effort for such a small group. Hopefully they can improve quickly using some of the money that came in.

It's great that they want to go after playing licensing, but the thing they need to do is improve gameplay first. Even if you have real teams and players, if the gameplay isn't up to par, then I'm probably going to stay with NCAA 13/14.

However, I bought the game this year and will probably buy next year's game to support if it looks like they are making progress. Hopefully this game will still be a success. I think one danger they face now is if EA announces a new college football game, I think most of the wind will go out of maximum's sails. So hopefully they can work quickly to keep it relevant after all the work it took to get here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football »