Home

Black Friday

This is a discussion on Black Friday within the Maximum Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2019, 08:13 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Black Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
We also do not have the mainstream mass appeal where a lot of people are sitting on the fence to purchase when there is a price drop. Of course, there will be a couple like the original poster. But it won't be enough to move the needle, we're in the niche market of indie sports games.

There are also regular giveaways on our Twitter - I posted one earlier this morning.

I’m not sure I understand this sentiment. There will be those who buy the product day 1 and those who wait for a sale as they do any game.There will also be those who purchase the game entirely because it was on sale for say 14.99.I’ve bought games in the past that I knew very little about prior but it caught my eye because it was on sale.I would think at this point those who want the game already own it, those on the fence will continue to hold out for a sale or just simply pass.Selling at a reduced sale price I would think is good business as well, create sales you might not have gotten otherwise and possibly generate more exposure be it positive feedback/reviews and/or users who stream content.Currently there aren’t many at all that stream this, which in turn could lead to additional sales as well.Maybe some of that changes if more users are brought aboard.I liken it to when Arthur Blank slashed prices to get fans in the seats several years ago and has transitioned to concession prices now.The long term gain financially may be even greater, be it additional unexpected sales or shared public exposure.

Furthermore what incentive other than playing now does one have to buy at $29.99 when a physical copy will be made available in 2-3 months for $19.99? My son and I are very intrigued by your product but have been waiting for a price drop as we do for many titles.I’ve been very active in the giveaways and sharing your teams efforts on social media.Very excited to see where this product is in a few years, the market badly needs a high quality college football title.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:46 AM   #10
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by muelly

I’m not sure I understand this sentiment. There will be those who buy the product day 1 and those who wait for a sale as they do any game.There will also be those who purchase the game entirely because it was on sale for say 14.99.I’ve bought games in the past that I knew very little about prior but it caught my eye because it was on sale.I would think at this point those who want the game already own it, those on the fence will continue to hold out for a sale or just simply pass.Selling at a reduced sale price I would think is good business as well, create sales you might not have gotten otherwise and possibly generate more exposure be it positive feedback/reviews and/or users who stream content.Currently there aren’t many at all that stream this, which in turn could lead to additional sales as well.Maybe some of that changes if more users are brought aboard.I liken it to when Arthur Blank slashed prices to get fans in the seats several years ago and has transitioned to concession prices now.The long term gain financially may be even greater, be it additional unexpected sales or shared public exposure.

Furthermore what incentive other than playing now does one have to buy at $29.99 when a physical copy will be made available in 2-3 months for $19.99? My son and I are very intrigued by your product but have been waiting for a price drop as we do for many titles.I’ve been very active in the giveaways and sharing your teams efforts on social media.Very excited to see where this product is in a few years, the market badly needs a high quality college football title.
What I'm saying is the demand for the product to be less than $20 isn't as large as you think.

The digital copy will be reduced in price at some point to be in-line with the physical edition. We're still going through cert and testing on the physical edition - so we need to make sure it's a go first.

Join our Discord to learn more - https://discord.gg/v8aFWkmYMT!

http://www.varsityvideogame.com
https://www.spearinteractive.com
Old 12-13-2019, 11:00 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
What I'm saying is the demand for the product to be less than $20 isn't as large as you think.

The digital copy will be reduced in price at some point to be in-line with the physical edition. We're still going through cert and testing on the physical edition - so we need to make sure it's a go first.

Fair enough. Just not sure how the demands at a price point was determined. Not all psn or xbl users visit OS or are active members on social media. I'd be willing to bet many aren't even aware such a game exists. Popping up in a sales section showing 33% off creates additional buzz doesn't it? Speaking with various friends of mine who are football fans, they were unaware your title even existed. I for one browse the sales section each week to see what's available.

I greatly appreciate your teams commitment to respond to the fan base. I am excited to one day try this product and long term see what levels it can reach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2019, 12:30 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 0

I was going to hold off until a sale, but had some xbox credit so took the plunge. I'm having a good time (creating teams more than anything) and hope my purchase goes to improve the game. I give Spear and teams tons of credit for being transparent and responsive and already putting out three content updates. That communication went a long way toward me buying now. I also bought 2018.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football »