Home

Doug Flutie’s Maximum Football 2020 Will Focus on Gameplay - Dynasty Mode 2.0 & New Play Designer Revealed

This is a discussion on Doug Flutie’s Maximum Football 2020 Will Focus on Gameplay - Dynasty Mode 2.0 & New Play Designer Revealed within the Maximum Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2020, 04:05 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Doug Flutie’s Maximum Football 2020 Will Focus on Gameplay - Dynasty Mode 2.0 & N

As far as college teams, if there's no logo upload allowed, honestly I'd rather have no logos and just put in schools with their real colors, and call the teams simply by city or state names, like Columbus, Athens, Chapel Hill, etc. Don't even put a team name. But it could be an option for people to manually enter. If you wanted to include logos, I say go ahead and put them in the game but not attached to teams except for the pro league that was created, but still have the options for customization like you guys have now.

But either way looks like the game is going the right direction, and I know it's a work in progress. Will buy this year, hoping over the next couple of years this game really gets off the ground.
Old 06-14-2020, 07:40 AM   #10
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Doug Flutie’s Maximum Football 2020 Will Focus on Gameplay - Dynasty Mode 2.0 & N

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_bobcat_06
As far as college teams, if there's no logo upload allowed, honestly I'd rather have no logos and just put in schools with their real colors, and call the teams simply by city or state names, like Columbus, Athens, Chapel Hill, etc. Don't even put a team name. But it could be an option for people to manually enter. If you wanted to include logos, I say go ahead and put them in the game but not attached to teams except for the pro league that was created, but still have the options for customization like you guys have now.

But either way looks like the game is going the right direction, and I know it's a work in progress. Will buy this year, hoping over the next couple of years this game really gets off the ground.

Just prior to our release we were contacted by the NCAA licensing partners and they requested we change a bunch of city names and colors. We ended up changing them at the last minute in order to comply and attempt to have a good relationship with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join our Discord to learn more - https://discord.gg/v8aFWkmYMT!

http://www.varsityvideogame.com
https://www.spearinteractive.com
Old 06-14-2020, 10:43 AM   #11
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
Not familiar with them but I checked the site and sounds a bit similar.

Well, basically with GLB (goal line blitz) you can create a player and/or own a team.

Your player develops via game xp and training. GLB's currency is flex points for which you pay real-world money. Flex points enable you to boost your player's abilities in order to be more competitive. You can also purchase equipment to enhance your player's abilities and even land local, national and corporate endorsement contracts.

As an owner, you focus on revenue and using it to upgrade your stadium, manage a salary cap and negotiate player contracts. You also recruit players (all human controlled) and can assign a GM as well as an offensive and defensive coordinator. Basically, your "staff" would be comprised of guys who owned players on the team.

I haven't played GLB in years but I recall it was pretty addictive and fun.....costly as well lol I try not to think about how much $$ I spent on that game. But that is why I asked you about MF's sim league because this could be a great revenue stream to support game development if your sim league is akin to GLB.

Last edited by Kanobi; 06-14-2020 at 10:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2020, 12:50 PM   #12
Rookie

Definitely understand that point then. To bad they are allowed to bully you guys there since technically you aren't using their name etc. Still looking forward to the new game to see how it's improved. Annoyed that Madden is the only modern game with new graphics etc. I know you guys are making good strides. Will definitely be buying to at least support. Hoping a couple of years down the road that the game begins approaching AAA quality. It's definitely great for the team you guys have, not having a budget like EA or 2k.
Old 06-15-2020, 05:03 PM   #13
Rookie

pitsch911's Arena

Love the game. I was a little disappointed with the game last year, hyped myself up to much. I still think it was a great investment and I actually played it for a few hours recently and I enjoyed it purely as a sim dynasty. There are some issues and I can see you are listening and fixing them. I will be purchasing again and It you are doing a team announcement similar to last year, would love to be a part of it.
Old 06-16-2020, 02:03 PM   #14
Rookie

Bought the game, haven't taken the wrapper off of it yet, but I will soon and I plan on supporting as long as you guys keep improving the game.
Old 06-18-2020, 02:21 AM   #15
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Well, basically with GLB (goal line blitz) you can create a player and/or own a team.

Your player develops via game xp and training. GLB's currency is flex points for which you pay real-world money. Flex points enable you to boost your player's abilities in order to be more competitive. You can also purchase equipment to enhance your player's abilities and even land local, national and corporate endorsement contracts.

As an owner, you focus on revenue and using it to upgrade your stadium, manage a salary cap and negotiate player contracts. You also recruit players (all human controlled) and can assign a GM as well as an offensive and defensive coordinator. Basically, your "staff" would be comprised of guys who owned players on the team.

I haven't played GLB in years but I recall it was pretty addictive and fun.....costly as well lol I try not to think about how much $$ I spent on that game. But that is why I asked you about MF's sim league because this could be a great revenue stream to support game development if your sim league is akin to GLB.
Oh my God you just brought out a deep rooted memory. I created a corner on GLB years ago. Like I can't even remember how long ago. Never spent any money but was the number 1 corner on a title winning team. I remember logging on every day to check game results. Really addictive. Can't believe it's still around.

Edit: and wow I somehow remembered my log in info and my account and player still exist. 3072 days so it's been a while lol. After going through my messages it looks like I played in 2008. 12 years.. wow.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers

Last edited by XtremeDunkz; 06-18-2020 at 02:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2020, 11:53 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
Just prior to our release we were contacted by the NCAA licensing partners and they requested we change a bunch of city names and colors. We ended up changing them at the last minute in order to comply and attempt to have a good relationship with them.

What NCAA licensing partners are you referring to? Thought this was a completely unlicensed game. If there are licenses within the game, it might have been best to not have any of this so you would not be bound on relationships and could have the colors or anything else you wanted to put in. Seems to be constricting to me for you to have your hands tied with an unlicensed game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football »