Home

What is the Latest NEWS on this game?

This is a discussion on What is the Latest NEWS on this game? within the Maximum Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2020, 06:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
What is the Latest NEWS on this game?

I just want so much for this game to be a nice alternative from Madden as i just cant stand the scripted "been there, seen that" over and over gameplay of Madden. But I want to see some recent developements on this game because what I initially saw in recent videos was a promising game that was still very rough around the edges looking.

I am hoping they get rid of that 8 way old school nintendo feel of the animations...and also I am hoping for a little more polish on some of the animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2020, 08:25 PM   #2
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: What is the Latest NEWS on this game?

We are pushing out content updates every week and we are posting the details of those on OS.

We have another update with more improvements scheduled for this Friday.

Join our Discord to learn more - https://discord.gg/v8aFWkmYMT!

http://www.varsityvideogame.com
https://www.spearinteractive.com
Old 10-14-2020, 08:40 PM   #3
Rookie

wow this is good to hear, I am really rooting for you guys!

I just cant stand the "Madden" feel anymore, I need a whole new change. Nothing against them, but I just feel like they have gotten into a stale funk over the years, and I want to break out of that same ole same ole feel. I want a more dynamic gameplay unfolding that feels like on any down, anything can happen....I dont want scripted gameplay anymore!

You guys seem to have the right idea, Im hoping you work out the kinks as I like what I see so far. Any chance there is a demo of this game or no?

Also, I think customizable CAMS would go along way. Especially the broadcast view that allows FIFA style slider views to really change up the perspective to break it out of the madden view we are so accustomed to. think about it I guess

good luck!!
Old 10-14-2020, 11:02 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

They’ve got a ways to go but they keep improving. So I’ll buy to support. Honestly, I still play ncaa 12 on ps3 though.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:53 PM   #5
Just started!

As someone that has moved on from Madden I am really pulling for this game to be good. A lot of the changes are a step in the right direction and I am keeping up the game updates and trying the game to see how it improves. One thing I’m having a hard time getting past is the fact that there aren’t interceptions in the game. The other is having position specific OL and DL players. However I am happy to invest in this game and even if I have to wait a year for these changes, I’m glad I invested and I am planning on supporting next years game as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2020, 09:22 PM   #6
Rookie

Um, there are interceptions in the game.
Old 10-22-2020, 02:14 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguna
I just want so much for this game to be a nice alternative from Madden as i just cant stand the scripted "been there, seen that" over and over gameplay of Madden. But I want to see some recent developements on this game because what I initially saw in recent videos was a promising game that was still very rough around the edges looking.

I am hoping they get rid of that 8 way old school nintendo feel of the animations...and also I am hoping for a little more polish on some of the animations.

I really like the speed of the game and the way it plays in general. The problem I'm seeing is that CPU defense outside the hashes, run or pass, is basically non existent regardless of sliders. I was a mid 80's rated team vs. a mid 70's rated team and had over 400 yards rushing at halftime (7 min quarters) by simply running an outside toss play out of ace bunch trips to the wide side of the field. My back could easily break contain and no one was left. I think it got stopped for under 12 yards 1 time. Defense looks good and normal when it comes to plays between the hashes. Well executed plays gain yards and poorly executed ones get stopped. So it seems like something is broken with the logic in terms of run containment and defending out routes. There's no concept of forcing plays back to the inside where defenders are present, or the defense playing sideline to sideline at all.

I'm seeing in other spots, like Reddit and the Discord, that people are saying the game is too easy too. Even to the point of winning every game with 60's rated teams. I'd suspect the CPU not being able to defend plays outside the hashes is largely to blame for this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football »