Home

unlv dynasty

This is a discussion on unlv dynasty within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2002, 12:22 PM   #1
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
unlv dynasty

until 2k3 comes out i have a unlv dynasty going right now we are 10-4 and about to start conference play we have a 6-10 PF who is the truth.... and a speedy point guard i love building teams with a lot of athletes and unly seems to have quite a few... our perimeter shooting is abismal right now but our pressure defense is keeping us in games.

i am playing on all american with 10 minute halves and simming on 15 minute halves to keep the stats about right.
as you all know i love the game at a slower game speed so i can really see what is going on so i have edited the sliders appropiately with a decrease in the usualy suspects steals blocks and all the shooting categories

the PF johnson is second in the nation in scoring at 12.5 a game our first conference game is next against air force i believe.

bring back the glory days of the scarlet and silver reeeeeebb beeeeelllllllsss....

the game play is soo intense i have alwayls loved how ea's games execute the plays and there are so many plays to choose from that i can put my own signatur on this team.

the game announcing is actually done very well with great interaction between dick vitale and nessler and vitale gets hyped at the right times this year. it just get's me hyped when i make a great move and slam on somebody and i hear " he the elevator man!!!!!!" i just can't stop playing this game. usualyy even if i love a game i can't play more than about 2 a day without losing focus but i got the game on sunday and played 14 games in my dynasty... just can't put the darn thing down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2002, 12:26 AM   #2
MVP

Shadow's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: unlv dynasty

Are u in year 1 or 2
Old 11-26-2002, 06:26 PM   #3

Da_Czar's Arena

year 1 shadow

okay we started conference play against air force and wanted to make certain we started the game off on the right foot, we pressed the entire game and this one was no contest from the very beginning. they were out classed and we were focused.

next game we played wyoming the defending mvc champions with a stacked roster. this was one hell of a ball game at their place and we knew if we wanted to be conference champs we had to deal with these guys on their own floor. we fell just short losing 56-54 on a last second shot that put a dagger in our hearts. this could prove a costly loss

right now we are 18-5 with a 6 game winning streak. we defeated utah and airforce at home and away. the first game against utah was at our home and it was an up and down affair, which we won by 7 points .

in the rematch they did an excellent job of controlling temp and switching between man and zone to keep us off balance we only took great shots and won by 7 again but freethrows down the streatch made it seem closer than it was. they really played different at home and almost beat us beat we rarely shot outside the paint and hit 60% of our shots which wasn' t easy as they are a great half court defensive team.

well wyoming still has not lost and are 7-0 in conference and it looks to be shaping up to be a barn burner when we meet in 2 games first we must deal with new mexico who we beat on their home floor. then we play the #18 wyoming cowboys which we must win to have a shot at being mwc reg season champs. our ranking has come down from 90 something to 58 and we are playing great ball.

our 2 guard louis armandson has turned out to be a gem averaging 11.5 points per game and our sr pg banks has been awesome avg 7 assists through the winning streak. our star is still 6'10 pf dalmon johnson who is 2nd in the ncaa's in scoring .

we can't afford to look past new mexico as they are playing .500 basketball and we can't put too much importance on the wyoming game cause even if we win they loose to san diego or our last game then we still lose the championship

go reb's
Old 11-26-2002, 07:18 PM   #4

Da_Czar's Arena

coaches say it all the time don't overlook your next opponent. i said it too myself and truthfully we were ready to play. our rematch against new mexico was a serious serious affair, we came into this game needing to win to setup a showdown for the league title .

from the opening tip i knew we were in for a dogfight as they jumped out to a 11-5 early lead. their leading scorer reuben douglas wasn't doing much going 2-5 in the first half. and we didn't expect mush out of him as we held him to simular numbers in our first meeting.

the first half closed with us up 27-25 and playing good basketball. they started the second half on fire with a full court press that they spurng on us for the first time in either game. it was actually cool to watch them rotate as i swung the ball and tried to go for the open big man waaay down the floor they rotate the one guy back and get the steal, it was awesome but not for my squad who gave it up faster than a freshman at an all senior party and we were soon down by 10 .

feeling the pressure to win to ensure our shot at the league title i deviated from our gameplay of going inside and started shooting from deep which only made the gap worse. i called timeout and got back to my old game and got to within 7 but for the first time this year we hit a cold streak and didn't know how to recover.

leading thier 2nd half barrage was rueben douglas who finished 5-7 in the second half with 3 3's the kid was awesome. hitting big shot after big shot. we switched defenses to no avail they work the ball against our zone and when douglas didn't hit the three his backcourt mate senque carey drilled 2 to put the game away... a disappointing 58-47 loss on our home floor... freat game but i hate the outcome
Old 11-28-2002, 07:56 AM   #5

Da_Czar's Arena

when you talk about anti climatic our game against wyoming ws just that after a brief struggle early we blew them by 20. i'm sure it would have been different if the conference championship had been on the line. we spilt our last to games to finish 22-7 and second place in the conference tournament.

i really enjoyed playing a season of hoops in mm03 the game is still more than a challange and tons of fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2002, 08:06 AM   #6

Da_Czar's Arena

next up was the conference tournament after defeating wyoming in such convincing fashion we were supremely confident we would be hangin g the conference championship banner back in vegas. our first round game was against lowly san diego but we knew better than to overlook this team. it was a seesaw battle that we eventually pulled out the win by 7.

next up we faced the running utes of utah. this is a very good team that we were able to sweep during the regular season.they like to play a disciplined half court game but we forced them to run in both the 2 previous games, in our 2nd matchup them maitained their tempo till half time and then our press forced a few turnovers.

right off the bat i knew they were ready for us. everytime dalron johnson our pf caught the ball there were 2 or 3 guys surrounding him and they cut the legs out of our transition game. we usually get from 10-20 pts a game in transition . utah played some of the best team defense i have evey seen the gave such great help it made their man to man look like a zone. we were completely taken out of our game by this well coached ball club. i was concerned about the possible loss but at the same time thinking this is awesome. all our familiar plays were shut down. they dismantled us . we pressed as usual but to no avail they would break it then come down and use clock and get a great shot. now were in the hands of the comittee to see if we get to dance this year.
Old 11-28-2002, 11:29 PM   #7

Da_Czar's Arena

one thing i just saw that i don't like about this game is how they handle getting to the tournament in the old marchmadnesses there would be a celebration screen for making the tournament this year if you see the tournament the click on it and enter..

anyway the council wisely decided the running rebels deserved a shot at the title and gave us a number 11 seed we opened the tournament against a tuff #6 seed UCLA basketball team. i was a little worried about how my team would react to making the tournamnet.

fortunately we were not intimidated by the jerseys on the other side of the ball and came out ready to play. both teams got up and down the floor with us leading at halftime by 4 their sf kapono had a hell of a first half with 11 pts and 2 3's in the second half our press opened thigns up nicely for us although their 6'6 point guard caused major havoc and got to the rim at will.

we half court trapped to get the ball out of his hands and force them into numerous turnovers and we came away with the w. next we faced arkansas

i was excited to get past the first round and felt we matched up well with arkansas. because we couldn't watch the other tournament game i was unsure what to expect. arkansas played a much more tempo controlling game then they used to with nolan richardson at the helm.

our press gave them problems early and forced them into 6 1st half turnovers. we held them to 39% shooting in the 1st half yet we only led by 3 at the half which concerned me.

the 2nd half we played a great game until the last 2 minutes. unfortunately our all american pf johnson had his worst game of the year and was 3-15 so we had no goto guy late in the game and they pressed and as usual it led to bad decisions and turnovers.

despite all that we had 3 chances to win the game but just couldn't convert. the resurgent rebels fell to arkansas as the shooting tables were turned around and we shot a psaltry 39% in the 2nd half . they didn't out play us until crunch time. if johnson had a regular game we win this one without doubt. a fine 1st year for the team but still unsatisfying as we played well enough to move on

how we replace a 1st team all american is unknown but we got a taste of success and are hungry for more

Old 11-28-2002, 11:49 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

good writing skills, you described everything going on in the game at the perfect amount. i hope to see more updates.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »