Home

Dynasty Site - Feedback needed

This is a discussion on Dynasty Site - Feedback needed within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2005, 04:38 PM   #1
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19
Dynasty Site - Feedback needed

Hey,

Well for those that dont know, I opened up a site called "Dynasty Creator" about 2 years ago. Although it was the only free dynasty site (no costs, at all) I was just starting to program so basically, at the time, I wasnt a good programmer really at all so the site had many bugs. Anyways long story short I lost my domain thanks to godaddy (another long story) so I figured I would fresh start.

The new site is going to be called "Dynasty Wizard" but I'm not here to advertise, dont worry. I have several core features done and such but I am not a HUGE dynasty guy like some of you are so I wanted your guys feedback on what you want exactly in a dynasty site.

Here is what I have in mind, so far (first part are features done, second part not done, 3rd part are new ideas):

News, Injuries, Schedule, Sliders

Seasons (you enter in the year, # of championships, etc.), Rosters, Transactions, Standings, Power Rankings

League Leaders, Team Stats, Player stats, Recruiting, Quote of the Week, Ability to Rate dynasties, Photo Wire (something similair to ESPN's photo wire where you can enter in a caption and a picture)

Also I thought of other things such as end of the game stats (so say for a baseball game, you can enter in R, H, E and stats for the Winning and Losing pitcher and player of the game), ability to enter your own layout and a few unique ideas I would rather not say right now. So basically if there are any requests for features, or a feature you think would be useful, post it or if you would prefer, PM me. Thanks.

Note to Mods: I hope I am allowed to post this...I did back before I started my first dynasty site so I figure it would alright now.

My Blog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2005, 04:52 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: Dynasty Site - Feedback needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2xgamers
Hey,

Well for those that dont know, I opened up a site called "Dynasty Creator" about 2 years ago. Although it was the only free dynasty site (no costs, at all) I was just starting to program so basically, at the time, I wasnt a good programmer really at all so the site had many bugs. Anyways long story short I lost my domain thanks to godaddy (another long story) so I figured I would fresh start.

The new site is going to be called "Dynasty Wizard" but I'm not here to advertise, dont worry. I have several core features done and such but I am not a HUGE dynasty guy like some of you are so I wanted your guys feedback on what you want exactly in a dynasty site.

Here is what I have in mind, so far (first part are features done, second part not done, 3rd part are new ideas):

News, Injuries, Schedule, Sliders

Seasons (you enter in the year, # of championships, etc.), Rosters, Transactions, Standings, Power Rankings

League Leaders, Team Stats, Player stats, Recruiting, Quote of the Week, Ability to Rate dynasties, Photo Wire (something similair to ESPN's photo wire where you can enter in a caption and a picture)

Also I thought of other things such as end of the game stats (so say for a baseball game, you can enter in R, H, E and stats for the Winning and Losing pitcher and player of the game), ability to enter your own layout and a few unique ideas I would rather not say right now. So basically if there are any requests for features, or a feature you think would be useful, post it or if you would prefer, PM me. Thanks.

Note to Mods: I hope I am allowed to post this...I did back before I started my first dynasty site so I figure it would alright now.
This sounds good. I hope dynastywizard is even better than DC.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:18 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 14

Sounds very good. Keep us updated, hopefully it'll be good for my NCAA 2006 MVP season.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:00 PM   #4
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLCHILL
Sounds very good. Keep us updated, hopefully it'll be good for my NCAA 2006 MVP season.
Oh heh, I actually forgot about NCAA Baseball. I'll add it though. (are there as many games as MLB? i've never seen a game in person myself so I have no idea)

Quote:
This sounds good. I hope dynastywizard is even better than DC.
Well I guess Dynasty Creator ended up being more of a learning experience which is a good thing. Also I have a lot of the old coding to built upon so its not like I am going to have to start from scratch. I might be able to show some pictures next week, but it wont be of the brand new layout. (the secondary layout is done but not the primary one)

My Blog
Old 11-18-2005, 06:16 PM   #5
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

Sounds good man. I still can't believe how good a job you've done and you're only 17. That boggles my mind. I don't even know .001% of the stuff you know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2005, 12:28 AM   #6
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicoleman
Sounds good man. I still can't believe how good a job you've done and you're only 17. That boggles my mind. I don't even know .001% of the stuff you know.
Thanks, I appreciate it. But to be honest a friend of mine is 13 and was a good programmer starting at 12. But thank you and if you would like to learn PHP at anytime let me know. (ive been helping 2 people for the past few weeks)

My Blog
Old 11-19-2005, 01:31 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 12

for some reason i could never figure out how to post pictures on your site. anyways it sounds good!
Old 11-19-2005, 02:50 AM   #8
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearsp2007
for some reason i could never figure out how to post pictures on your site. anyways it sounds good!
At the time there was no feature to upload pictures but for the new site I will allow people to have a certain amount of space for images that they can upload and of course use on the site. Thanks.

My Blog

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »