Home

Coaching Career of James Frizzell (ESPN College Hoops 2K4)

This is a discussion on Coaching Career of James Frizzell (ESPN College Hoops 2K4) within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2007, 01:00 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
Panthers Outduel Aggies

12/27/03 vs. North Carolina A&T Aggies (1-5)

Final Score: 68-60

The Panthers came into their first home game of the season riding a 4 game winning streak and continued their winning ways, this time against their crosstown rivals, the Aggies of North Carolina A&T. High Point held A&T to just 42% shooting in the 8 point win. "We played well tonight and I was impressed with our performance," stated Coach Frizzell. "I finally got a chance to coach in front of the home fans at the Panthers Den, and I really enjoyed it."

High Point improves to 5-3 (0-0).

SG, Damon Carlisle: 15 points
SF, Jerrod Freije: 14 points, 4 assists
PF, Andre Sosa: 10 points, 10 rebounds
C, Alex Allen: 14 points, 12 rebounds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Citadel Stops Panthers' Winning Streak at 5

12/30/03 vs. The Citadel Bulldogs (1-5)

Final Score: 65-73

High Point's winning streak ended at 5 tonight as the Panthers fell to The Citadel by 8 points. The Panthers shot only 40% and played very poorly. Coach Frizzell was visibly disappointed in his team following the game saying things like, "What a pathetic performance", and "I wish we could have had that shot back."

High Point falls to 5-4 (0-0).

SG, Dameon Carlisle: 11 points, 5 assists
C, Alex Allen: 4 points, 12 rebounds
Old 12-02-2007, 01:01 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

November-December Recap

The High Point Panthers started out 0-3 as they played 3 major conference teams. Coach Frizzell would rally the troops as he would get the Panthers to pull off 5 straight wins to improve to 5-3. The Panthers would drop the next game against the Bulldogs of The Citadel, and would end 2003 with a 5-4 record. Out-of-conference play is now complete and the Panthers will play the Big South Conference schedule.

The Panthers have shot the ball well at a clip of 48%, whcih ranked 1st in the Big South. "We shot the ball well, and I believe that was the key to our success," stated Coach Frizzell in a press conference. "This team has surpassed my expectations and I am really excited about conference play."

With the tough part of their schedule behind them and a 5-4 record, it is conceivable that the Panthers could pull off 15-20 wins this season, somethin first-year coach James Frizzell would be happy with. "Of course I would be happy," he said. "I'd love to have that success in my first year here."

Conference play starts on January 3rd against the Buccaneers of Charleston-Southern, who are 1-5 so far this year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

High Point Team Stats

PPG: 69.2 (3rd in Conference)
OPPG: 67.8
RPG: 34.9 (6th)
ORPG: 9.8 (7th)
DRPG: 35.1 (5th)
APG: 17.9 (1st)
SPG: 4.6 (9th)
BPG: 6.0 (1st)
TOPG: 14.9 (9th)
FG %: 48.2% (1st)
FT %: 78.6% (1st)
3PT %: 35.1 % (2nd)

Big South Conference Standings

Winthrop (5-2) (0-0)
Coastal Carolina (5-3) (0-0)
High Point (5-4) (0-0)
Liberty (3-3) (0-0)
Birmingham-Southern (3-4) (0-0)
VMI (2-3) (0-0)
North Carolina A&M (2-7) (0-0)
Charleston-Southern (1-5) (0-0)
Radford (1-7) (0-0)
Old 12-02-2007, 01:01 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

Panthers Start Conference Play Off Right

1/3/04 at Charleston-Southern Buccaneers (1-5)

Final Score: 90-59

High Point completely dominated the game as they destroyed the Buccanners by 31 points. The Panthers shot a startling 67% while holding the Buccaneers to just 35% shooting. The Panthers also blocked a season-high 12 shots in the game. "We played great," Coach Frizzell said after the blowout. "I feel we played our best basketball of the season in this game. I'm amazed we shot 67%, I mean, that's just ridiculous!

High Point improves to 6-4 (1-0).

SG, Damon Carlisle: 24 points, 5 assists
SF, Jerrod Freije: 20 points, 3 assists
PF, Michael Leonard: 14 points, 3 rebounds
C, Alex Allen: 12 points, 12 rebounds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2007, 11:58 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

Re: Coaching Career of James Frizzell (ESPN College Hoops 2K4)

I'm digging this up and starting again. However, I wil use Brandon2006's format for making the dynasty reports instead.

EDIT: Oops. I didn't mean to bump this. I meant to bump my Spurs one. Sorry.

Last edited by superjames1992; 12-24-2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:58 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

Press Conference (1/4/04)

High Point, NC - High Point University head basketball coach, James Frizzell, talked to reporters from the Greensboro News and Record and the High Point Enterprise today about how his team has performed thus far this year. The Panthers are currently 6-4 overall and 1-0 in Big South Conference play with a win over Charleston-Southern in conference, a 31 point win, in fact. The Panthers are 6-1 since playing the likes of Clemson, Michigan, and Virginia and have been on quite a roll as Coach Frizzell's coaching philosophies have been gelling well within the team.

"We are really playing as a team," commented Coach Frizzell. "We are truly five guys playing as one out there. Nobody is greedy; we all get our shots. I have been impressed with the teamwork these guys have displayed. We have no egos on this team. The minute one of these guys gets egotistical is the minute they are dismissed from the High University basketball team. I will not allow egos on my basketball team."

Coach Frizzell went on to explain his keys for success so far this season. "Well, we have a good amount of talent, in my opinion," he said. "Of course, playing as a team is our main key to success, but we have a few others that have worked well for us. We have been sharing the basketball well. I always stress the extra pass. A good shot isn't good enough if there is a great shot open. I really like to shoot the three point shot, but we don't have too many great three point shooters on this team, so I have not been able to exploit that route as much as I would have liked to. Damon Carlisle has been given a bunch of opportunities to shoot the three as he is a really good three point shooter. He is one of the best in the Big South. Demon Conklin, Ben Baker, and Vince Hodge have shot the three very well, also. Luckily, we have some beasts down low, so we still are very potent on offense, as evidenced by our 90 points we scored against Charleston-Southern."

Coach Frizzell wrapped up the press conference by thanking everybody for coming. "Thanks for coming," he said. "I like to inform the fans about our happenings of the team and press conferences are the best way to do so. Now, I have to get on the bus with the team and make our way to Conway, South Carolina to play the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers, whom we play tomorrow!"
Old 02-23-2008, 11:12 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

1/5/04 - High Point (6-4) @ Coastal Carolina (5-4)

Chanticleers Top Panthers 69-60

Conway, SC - Both teams came into the game on a hot streak, but only one could continue it as the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers topped the High Point Panthers 69-60 in a tightly contested affair. Coastal Carolina held the lead most of the night, but their largest lead was only 9 points, so it was close for the entire game. They were leading by 6 with a minute left, before High Point began to foul. In the end, all the fouling did was extend the game and make the score look worse than it really was, in reality, as High Point lost a tough game on the road 69-60.

High Point head coach James Frizzell was disappointed after the game. "I felt like we could have played better, but what can you do? At times, it seemed like their was a lid on the rim as would would miss 7 or 8 shots in a row. We can work on turnovers, though. I just took a look at the box score and 14 is way too many. We did a good job of forcing turnovers, but we must take care of the ball, too."

The High Point Panthers pick up their first loss of the season in Big South conference play with the loss.

Code:
                   1st  2nd  OT  Final
High Point          33   27  --   60
Coastal Carolina    32   37  --   69

Panthers   Chanticleers
FG Percentage      .397           .482
3 Pointers         3/16           4/15
Free Throws         3/6          11/17
Assists              14             11
Turnovers            14             15
Rebounds             39             37
Steals                5              7
Blocks                7              1
2nd Chance Points    12              8
High Point Leaders
SG, Damon Carlisle - 16 points, 3 assists
C, Alex Allen - 11 poinits, 8 rebounds
SG, Vince Hodge - 8 points, 2 rebounds
SF, Demon Conklin - 0 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists

Streak: Lost 1

Record: 6-5 (1-1)

Next Game: 1/8/04 vs. Winthrop Eagles (7-2)
Old 02-24-2008, 12:40 AM   #15
All Star

doncoryell's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: 1/5/04 - High Point (6-4) @ Coastal Carolina (5-4)

Welcome back, Coach Frizzell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2008, 12:48 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

Re: 1/5/04 - High Point (6-4) @ Coastal Carolina (5-4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncoryell
Welcome back, Coach Frizzell.
Thank you Coach Knight. Hopefully, I will be here to stay. Reading yours and Aye Mumford's dynasties, along with Wake's made me want to play this game again. I really like it, I just got caught up with NCAA Football and stuff...

I am about to play another game in a few minutes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »