Home

USC Trojans (CH2K8)

This is a discussion on USC Trojans (CH2K8) within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2008, 08:54 PM   #57
stewaat

OVR:
Regular Season Finished

USC downed by #17 Arizona 98-86

Couldn't stop the Wildcats from scoring...not one bit. They shot 38-57 and Bayless & Budinger tore me up. Gibson and Mayo did what they could for me but I couldn't keep up. USC only trailed 41-43 at the half but Arizona was too strong in the second half.

USC
O.J. Mayo -- 27 pts, 5 ast, 4-10 3pt
Taj Gibson -- 26 pts, 5 reb, 12-19 fg

Arizona
Jerryd Bayless -- 20 pts, 7 reb, 8-11 fg, 3-5 3pt
Chase Budinger -- 21 pts, 4 reb, 6 ast, 4-7 3pt

USC holds off Arizona St. to lock down #4 seed, 76-74

A very hard fought game that went back and forth throughout. Mayo stepped his game up huge and came through for USC. ASU owned the boards despite being a terrible rebounding team but USC still found a way to win and move into #4 for the Pac-10 Tourney.

USC
O.J. Mayo -- 31 pts, 8-12 fg, 5-8 3pt, 10-11 ft
Taj Gibson -- 11 pts, 11 reb

Arizona St.
Derek Glasser -- 15 pts, 8 ast, 8-8 ft
James Harden -- 17 pts, 4 ast, 3-8 3pt

Cardinal Take Down Trojans Without Brook Lopez, 75-72

Well you would think that USC could knock off Stanford without their star big man and pad their NCAA resume but...nope...they couldn't. Mayo was shut down and the Stanford guards made up for the absence of Lopez. Mitch Johnson was perfect from the floor and put the dagger in the hearts of Trojans fans late.

USC
O.J. Mayo -- 13 pts, 4-11 fg, 1-6 3pt
Davon Jefferson -- 10 pts, 7 reb, 4 ast

Stanford
Mitch Johnson -- 17 pts, 6 ast, 5-5 fg, 3-3 3pt, 4-4 ft
Anthony Goods -- 16 pts, 5 reb, 4 ast, 9-10 ft
Lawrence Hill -- 12 pts, 5-10 fg

PAC-10 TOURNEY TIME!!!!!!!!

Old 03-09-2008, 10:48 PM   #58
Cy Young?

windseer90's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: USC Trojans (CH2K8)

Good luck in the tourney! Do you think you have a chance at the NCAA tourney?

(603): not only are you not the girl i fell in love with, but from the looks of it, you ate her
Old 03-10-2008, 09:29 AM   #59
stewaat

OVR:

Well I noticed 2K didn't have the 100% accurate schedule. I missed two games...@ South Carolina and vs. Cal Poly.

Kinda sucks because 18-12 would've been a lot better than 16-12. 20 wins would be a lot easier...and looked a lot better on my resume.

USC went 20-10 IRL and had a 11-7 conference record. They are #4 in the Pac-10 as well going into the Tourney.

Too bad I underachieved!!!

I really want to make the Tourney!

Old 03-10-2008, 09:32 AM   #60
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by windseer90
Good luck in the tourney! Do you think you have a chance at the NCAA tourney?
Honestly not really, which sucks! I beat Oregon both times during the regular season and I seem to have their number. However UCLA will probably win their first round game and that isn't good for me!

UCLA is so good in this game, beating them would be very, very difficult. Maybe WSU will take them out

I am not on the bubble...I'm pretty much out of the Tourney right now. I need to at least make it to the Pac-10 Championship to even have a chance. It would suck to not make the tourney!

Old 03-10-2008, 10:08 AM   #61
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Honestly not really, which sucks! I beat Oregon both times during the regular season and I seem to have their number. However UCLA will probably win their first round game and that isn't good for me!

UCLA is so good in this game, beating them would be very, very difficult. Maybe WSU will take them out

I am not on the bubble...I'm pretty much out of the Tourney right now. I need to at least make it to the Pac-10 Championship to even have a chance. It would suck to not make the tourney!
Stew....play 2-3 vs them...I played them in my Cal legacy before I accidentally deleted them and beat them by 20 at home all because of the 2-3 zone...Try to cheat a little bit towards Ship and you can live with Collison shooting 3s because he's a lil underated in the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2008, 10:12 AM   #62
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
Stew....play 2-3 vs them...I played them in my Cal legacy before I accidentally deleted them and beat them by 20 at home all because of the 2-3 zone...Try to cheat a little bit towards Ship and you can live with Collison shooting 3s because he's a lil underated in the game
Thanks for the tip. I actually started running the 2-3 matchup zone my last game vs Cal and it was very effective. I think I'm going to use that as my default defense from here on out.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:25 AM   #63
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Thanks for the tip. I actually started running the 2-3 matchup zone my last game vs Cal and it was very effective. I think I'm going to use that as my default defense from here on out.

yeah, i havent figured out the 2-3 matchup yet because with all the switching it gets my players out of position but adjust the pressure on Shipp to tight and cheat on him and one of their shooters off the bench...can't remember his name but I think it's Toll or Roll

maybe you missed some games because they were in a torney where u lost early...I know that happened in my brief Cal legacy
Old 03-10-2008, 10:57 AM   #64
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
yeah, i havent figured out the 2-3 matchup yet because with all the switching it gets my players out of position but adjust the pressure on Shipp to tight and cheat on him and one of their shooters off the bench...can't remember his name but I think it's Toll or Roll

maybe you missed some games because they were in a torney where u lost early...I know that happened in my brief Cal legacy
Actually the two games just weren't put on the schedule by 2K. But I'm done with the season so what am I gonna do about it haha. I'll schedule 30 next year...maybe 31 if I can. I'll try and make up those two games if possible.

One cool thing about this year is...the NIT. It looks like I'll at least get to play in that if the NCAA Tourney rejects me. My RPI is mid 50's so it isn't looking too good.

Yea the little white guy off the bench can drain 3's for UCLA.

Can't look past Oregon though! They've got some good players and I will have my hands full.

I can't believe I'm probably not gonna make the Tourney. What a loser!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »