Home

*Birth Of The Mighty Blazers

This is a discussion on *Birth Of The Mighty Blazers within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2008, 09:44 PM   #1
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

OVR: 35
*Birth Of The Mighty Blazers

It was a sad day in Atlanta, Georgia when the Atlanta Spirit Company sold the club to John Wirtz, a millionaire former OHL coach.

"The team has decided to move the club to Winnipeg,Manitoba" said new owner John Wirtz. "It's a nice little hockey place to have an NHL team there so, that's why I picked it".

The new Winnipeg Blazers decided to let go of every single player they had on their roster, even including russian superstar Ilya Kovalchuk. "He had a good run with the team but, I have other plans, and I know just the GM to use" Wirtz said, then walking off.

Next Up: Draftees and Signings. Plus a sneek preview of the jerseys.

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2008, 10:25 PM   #2
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

Re: *Birth Of The Mighty Blazers

After trading off their whole team, you better believe the Blazers could and would get the 1st Overall Pick from the Tampa Bay Lightning. There was Steven Stamkos or maybe Nikita Filatov. Luke Schenn would be a good pick, but Jason Skyland stood over all of them. Breaking records here and there, he was already presumed the next one, the one to beat Gretzky's record.

They also had the 4th overall pick and the 9th overall pick still left in the 1st Round. With the fourth pick, they selected Nick Barry from the London Knights, the same team as "Rocket" Skyland.

The ninth pick in the 1st Round for the Blazers went to picking QMJHL's Quebec Remparts Jeff Shannon. He had a wonderful last year, scoring 49 goals and 100 assists in 81 games for an astonishing 149 points. He finished third in the whole CHL. He was only behind Sarnia Sting's Steven Stamkos and his 156 points and behind new Blazers Jason Skyland, with his record shattering 289 points, breaking Mario Lemieux's CHL points record of 282 points.

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:39 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 44

lol me on the ramprts and im a BC boy on the WHL Vancouver Giants not the ramparts
Old 11-08-2008, 09:33 AM   #4
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

Oh well. Signings up next people. Let me just wake up first.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:16 AM   #5
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

It took the Tampa Bay Lightning a little trouble signing their 1st Pick in Steven Stamkos. And when they finally figured out a way, they were too late. The Winnipeg Blazers caught Stamkos with a 1 year deal. "He could be a crucial center to our team's success, I'd like to see him play it up with a big scorer like Jason Skyland" said owner John Wirtz.

John Wirtz then worked a miracle, getting Jaromir Jagr to return to the NHL, getting his rights from the KHL. "I still wasn't sure whether or not I would come back, but I guess this made up my mind" said Jagr, upon being signed.

You would think John Wirtz should be a General Manager and not a owner, as he got the likes of Alexander Semin for the Washington Capitals and Mike Fisher from the Ottawa Senators. "They're are both pretty good two way players, I was mostly interested by Mike Fisher, he is the kind of Center we could use" Wirtz said with a huge smile on his face. "We did in fact get others, but that will have to wait for another time.

Up Next: Jerseys, Practise and introducing a New Player.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2008, 12:26 PM   #6
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

The new Blazers arrived at their new arena 6:30 in the morning ready for their first team practise.

Skyland: Wow, Nick, this is going to be so awesome!

Barry: Yea I know, playing in the NHL is no joke though.

Wirtz: Hello team, my name is John Wirtz, the owner of the Winnipeg Blazers. I would like to introduce your new head coach, John Torterella. He used to coach the Tampa Bay Lightning, but now he's our head coach.

Tortarella: Well, i can only hope that I can lead you guys to the Cup.

Wirtz: To tell you guys, we have just traded Chris Kunitz to the Flames for a new guy, Devon Platana.

Skyland: Whoa, I know that name.

Wirtz: You Should, he played for the Ottawa 67's, in your league Jason.

Platana: Wow, I still can't believe I get to play with the Next Gretzky.

Skyland: Next Gretzky?? I wouldn't say that.

Tortarella: Guys, practise, we have a game on Saturday. Our first pre-season game.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:55 PM   #7
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

The Blazers trade Kristopher Letang and a 2nd Overall Pick in the 2009 Entry Draft for Nikola Milutinovic from the Ottawa Senators.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:51 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm disappointed there was no [face_mischief].

Nice updates.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »