Home

A True Story. A tale of rebuilding the hopeless Detroit Lions!!!

This is a discussion on A True Story. A tale of rebuilding the hopeless Detroit Lions!!! within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2008, 03:21 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: A True Story. A tale of rebuilding the hopeless Detroit Lions!!!

Game 3 @ San Fran:
Woodson: 9-19, 151 yards, TD,3 INT
Calhoun: 19 att., 57 yards
Faulk: 16 att., 53 yards
McDonald: 1TD
Cala.Campbell/Lawrence Jackson: 2 sacks ea.
Hamlin: 2 INT
Sims/Bodden: 1 INT ea.
WON 6-0
"This was a really tough game for both sides. We just happened to get that one good play in. I give the 49ers all the credit, they're a really good football team." - Coach Ken Law about the 49ers. {Reporter} Calais, what do you think of the terrible two-some of Lawrence Jackson and yourself? "Its great. We push each other to be better then the other. We are really close, being that we were drafted together and are roomates. That bring that bond together for us. We will be around for a long time. So the league better take notice."

Game 4 vs Chicago:
Woodson: 13-19, 157 yards, 5TD
Calhoun: 36 att., 189 yards
C.Johnson: 7 rec., 91 yards, 3TD
M.Lewis/Wrighster: 1 TD ea.
Redding/Cala.Campbell: 2 sacks ea.
Sims/Lenon: 1 sack ea.
Pollard: 11 TKL, 2 FF
WON 35-10
"This feels great. At Kentucky, we were good in spurts. Here, we are just getting into our groove. Hopefully we will be winning for some time now. W are on a roll right now and we have to give credit to the coach. He gets us prepaired each and every week. So thanks coach." - Andre Woodson on his teams winning streak. {Reporter} Cory(Redding) howdoes it feel after a dominating performance like this one today? "Its awesome. When you dominate someone, your letting them know that they can't beat you. You know all their secrets pretty much. Its even better against a division rival like the Bears!"

Bernard Pollard wins the Defensive Player of the Week honors
"This is a fantastic feeing to be recognized like this. I just wanna thank the coach for getting us prepaired as well as he does. Also, i couldnt have done it with out our d-line getting the pressure that they do on the QB."
Old 12-20-2008, 03:28 AM   #10
MVP

So we have won 4 in a row. The team is looking great. We still need more pressure out of our defensive tackles. Only our ends are getting the pressure for us right now. Are linebackers and defensive backs are stil having a hard time picking the passes off. They get their hands on the ball but cant pull it in. And our receivers and tight ends are still having the same issues with drops and fumbles. Dont necessarily know how to fix that right now though. Im at the point at which i can re-sign players. They want me to re-sign Hanson. But i have Serna who has a by far better leg then Hanson. So what i may do is sign him with a low bonus and still try and trade him for picks this draft as i only have my 1st 3 pick in this draft. Im going to keep Roy Williams. I had him on the trading block for the longest time, but teams were only offering 5th's and lower. We have a young team who are playing like veterans. My focus in the draft will be on a CB, DT, LB, MLB, RG and a Punter who has a stronger leg then Nick Harris who constantly shanks the punt.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:28 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

You have to wait in the preseason for your 1st and 2nd round picks to come to you and ask for a contract. They wont be there until they approach you, about 3-4 days in traininc camp, and once you agree on a contract they join your team. Or they holdout if you dont agree on a contract
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2008, 07:04 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoKnowsBest
You have to wait in the preseason for your 1st and 2nd round picks to come to you and ask for a contract. They wont be there until they approach you, about 3-4 days in traininc camp, and once you agree on a contract they join your team. Or they holdout if you dont agree on a contract
i know this! i was talking about players whose contract is expiring
Old 12-20-2008, 07:08 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenp86
i know this! i was talking about players whose contract is expiring
lol it was because in the first post you said you couldnt find gosder cherilus so you started in the offseason, so thats why he didnt show up

what are your team philosophies?
Old 12-20-2008, 09:44 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoKnowsBest
lol it was because in the first post you said you couldnt find gosder cherilus so you started in the offseason, so thats why he didnt show up

what are your team philosophies?
o damn ive already gone to far to start over. i just thought all the rooks wouldve been signed already... stupid me.lmfao
Old 12-20-2008, 11:51 PM   #15
MVP

After game 4, I was able to re-sign players. Here are the players I re-signed:
Jonathan Babineaux: 2yrs/1.24M 500K bonus
Jonathan Scott: 5 yrs/14.3M 3.5M
Alexis Serna: 3yrs/5.1M 1M
Tony Bake: 2yrs/.58K 100K(wish I could sign longer)
Jansen: 3yrs/3.25M .25K
Brian Kelly: 2yrs/4.82M 1M
George Wrighster: 2yrs/6M 2.5M
Thats it so far. Still in negotiations with a few more players.

Game 5 @Minnesota:
It was a close game. Back and forth it went. When this happened late in the 4th quarter. Woodson connected with McDonald for a TD with 1:14 left on the clock(1st play after we got the ball back). This was right after Minny scored on me. Then they marched down the field and ended up scoring with :11 seconds left on the clock.
Woodson: 18-28, 452 yrds, 6TD, 2 INT
Calhoun: 20 att., 107 yrds(2 fumbles returned for TD's)
McDonald: 3 rec., 156 yrds, 2TD
C.Johnson: 5 rec., 130 yrds, 1TD
Roy: 5 rec., 85 yrds, 2TD
M.Lewis: 1TD
DeVries: 3 sacks
Babineaux/Sims/Cala.Campbell: 1 sack ea.
LOST 48-45
"It was a tough game. We fought tooth and nail and just came up short. Minnesota played a hell of a game. We will look for revenge next time we meet." - Andre Woodson on todays game.{Reporter} Andre, you had a great game. Can you tell us about that? "It doesnt mean a d@*n thing. We lost!!!! Statistics dont mean anything if we dont win!" Brian Calhoun had this to say to our reporters, "I put this loss on me. I fumbled twice and they recovered both for touchdowns. Its squarely on me!"

Andre Woodson would later be fined $10,000 for his language after the game.

After the game I signed corner back Antrel Rolle to our squad. Ty Law had gotten injured in the game and was put on IR. I signed Rolle to a 1yr/510K deal

Game 6 @Houston: I knew todays game would be a great game right from the start. I lost the flip and they chose to receive. On their 1st series, we started of with 2 straight sacks. "It was great! We knew it would be a hell of a game." - Calais Campbell on the start of todays game. On their 2nd series, their first play was a run. They would fumble that run play and we recovered. Andre Woodson would throw a TD to McDonald off of the turnover. "Its great when your opponent just gives you a 7 point lead like they did." On Houstons 2nd play of their third series, luck didnt change. They would again fumble and we would recover again. Roy Williams would get a 2 yard rush TD. They would later make it a close game, as our D would let up in the late stages of the game.
WON 38-31
Woodson: 18-32, 248 yrds, 3TD, 1INT
Croxdale: 20 att., 80 yrds, 1TD
McDonald: 8 rec., 132 yrds, 1TD
Roy Williams: 2TD(1 rush, 1 Receiving)
Wrighster: 1TD
Calais Campbell: 4 sacks
Bake: 3 sacks
D.White: 2 sacks
Lenon/Briggs: 1 sack ea.
Hamlin: 2FF(1FR)
B.Kelly: 1FR
Sims: 1FF(1FR)

"With Lawrence Jackson sidelined these past few weeks, Calais has really stepped up his game. We may have the defensive rookie of the year and possably defensive player of the year right hear in Detroit." - Coach Ken Law on Calais Campbells play this season.

I am currently trying to trade Kevin Faulk. He fumbles just way to much for my liking. I also re-signed Hanson, but for a low bnus and am trying to trade him as well. We are now 5-1 on the season. It looks like I may actually turn this thing around sooner then I thought.

Last edited by kenp86; 12-21-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2008, 02:40 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 8

i look forward in readin your career, i think that was a bad move in trading for aj feely he didnt work in mia i think he is a career back up

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »