Home

The career of Bryan Pfeffuh (NHL 09 BAP)

This is a discussion on The career of Bryan Pfeffuh (NHL 09 BAP) within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2009, 08:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
The career of Bryan Pfeffuh (NHL 09 BAP)

Not trying to steal the way bhurst does it, but i kind of want to take the angle of a personal life as well.

June 22nd (draft day):
Today may be the most trying one yet in my 19 year long life. All day all I could think about was it was the first round of the NHL draft, and I have dreamed of the moment a million times. "With the first pick in the NHL draft, the Boston Bruins select Bryan Pfeffuh!" the commissioner would announce, and the crowd at the Nationwide Arena would erupt. Being realistic though, I knew I might not get drafted at all. My family could in no way at all afford to send me off to college, because I already have the largest income in the house (10 dollars an hour at our local ShopRite). If I left for college not only would my family be swamped in bills for education, but also won't have anything but a minimum wage job my mom holds at some fast food place. I didn't earn a scholarship for hockey, rightfully so due to a ton of bad decisions I have made in the past, so here we are, my future on the line. I turned on the draft, watched it without a ton of interest, and thought about a lot of things. First of all, if I didn't get drafted, what would life be like outside of hockey? How would I spend the hours that I had normally spent practicing with my trainer 5 days a week if hockey was no longer my future? If I did get drafted, could my family function socially with out me? The draft reached pick 29 of the first round, the Boston Bruins. I knew that I wasn't on there first four round draft boards, because my agent Kyle Young (a real jack ***) knew everyone who was anyone in the NHL, and was good friends with a Bruin official. He said, however, they thought I stood out in one of our work outs. How much that meant I wasn't sure. "With the 16th pick in the 2008 NFL draft the Boston Bruins select Calvin deHann," I heard the commisioners voice droan, and I for some reason turned the TV off. I had to stop getting my hopes up on a life in the NHL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2009, 09:16 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: The career of Bryan Pfeffuh (NHL 09 BAP)

June 23rd (rounds 2-7):
And I thought yesterday was bad. My father came home from one of his periodical disappearances, and you could immediately tell he was drunk again. He came inside after five minutes of just trying to get the key to go in the door hinge. He reeked of alcohol when he walked, well actually more like stumbled, past, and when I heard my mom start to yell at him, his speech was very hard to understand. The conversation went something like this:

Mom: Where have you been?
Dad: What duz't matter ta you.
Mom: Well while you were out spending your son's & my hard earned money on your scotch, the landlord said we had to pay our four months that we owe in the next month or we're gone.
Dad: Maybe hiz hockey mona oughta pay fa it.
Mom: You won't touch a cent of that money, you hear me!?
Dad: I'm da man a dis family, i take what I wan.
Mom: You get your sorry act together or me and Bryan are gone. Let's see how manly you are then.

That's all I heard because I left to head over to my friend Thomas' house. I wanted to watch the draft but couldn't with all this going on. It seems by the time most guys are 19 they are hardened past caring about what happens, but these fights bothered me no matter what. Thomas, being the good friend that he was, had the draft on already when I entered his house without even knocking. His parents were out on business and whenever his car was there I could just go in. He got me a soda and himself a beer, and we watched the draft which was on round 4.

At pick 12 my phone rang and I couldn't help but be shocked, thinking I was drafted. It was Young, sending a text. It said: 'devils @ 142 + Kings @ 153 lookin @ u'. I knew he probably knew better than I did, but when the draft got to 142 I just knew inside I wasn't going. The devils decided to go with a defenseman instead. The Kings picked a center, and I play RW, but I felt pretty rejected still. It was like Young to get my hopes up. At pick 170 I got a phone call again, from a number I didn't recognize. This is it, I thought!
"Hello?"
"Hey Bryan, your on speaker with all of the Bruins draft committee." That was weird, they weren't picking, it was teh Avalanche's turn.
"If you aren't drafted, would you be interested in still pursuing a hockey career?" This wasn't what I was expecting...
"If every team has 7 higher prospects than me, I think I would have more success pursuing another profession."
"We're disappointed to hear that." Click. The Bruins just hung up on me.

At pick 173, the Bruins had a pick. I had an urge to throw something at the TV when it showed the draft committee talking in their office, and probably would've, but it was Thomas' house. "With the 173rd pick, the Boston Bruins draft Bryan Pfeffuh, off the Ottowa Junior National team." Wow.

Last edited by pfeffuh; 04-12-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:00 AM   #3
MVP

derrickthomas58's Arena

OVR: 22

Looks good man, I'm definetely followin'
Old 04-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I know you're not trying to use Bhurst's idea, but my one suggestion would be to use his paragraph format.

Spread it out lot easier to read that way.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #5
Rookie

Bruins Fall Training, (August 27th)
Its been so long since I have written, but in the last two months its just been a lot of meeting new people, moving and trying to avoid family conflict. Its nice to finally get back to the one thing that you can always count on to be there. Hockey. When I got on the ice I was star studded by veterans like Mark Recchi. On my first play on the ice I went to take a shot at Tim Thomas (G) and Zdeno Chara gave me a hit to remember. I felt like when I went to get up from the hit, there was an a thousand pound anvil holding me down. Thank god for adrenalyne though.

I thought all in all the Bruins will be a good fit for me. I played as well as any other RW in the farm system and could definitely hold my own against the pros. I know in my head that I am going to end up on the minor league affiliate Providence Bruins, so me and a guy by the name of Wacey Rabbit. Me and him get along really well, but he is a little... well... different. He lost his mom when he was ten and after that his dad went insane, so he ran away from his father at age 12. All he ever had was hockey and I have to say he is pretty dang good at it. The anger that you see guys like Sean Avery playing with, thats how Wacey plays, he just is a lot better at controlling it. Anyway, on the topic of his childhod, I'd say he wakes up screaming 2 nights a week, saying he had "The Nightmare". I think there is more to his life that I haven't heard about. All I know is that the dude can play hockey.

Coach Rob Murray (of the Providence Bruins, not Boston) is really a disaster waiting to happen for the team of minor leaguers it seems like. He is always praising and talking to the pros and talking about how he would much rather be coaching them. I think he may end up as an assistant coach in Boston, and that's fine by me. He is having a team meeting going over player roles and expectations tomorrow. Please let him be realistic, at least about me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2009, 01:31 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I know you're not trying to use Bhurst's idea, but my one suggestion would be to use his paragraph format.

Spread it out lot easier to read that way.

Definitely will start doing that.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:32 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickthomas58
Looks good man, I'm definetely followin'
Thanks for following! One more update today I think.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:32 PM   #8
Pro

FlyersFan30's Arena

OVR: 14

cool I'm following

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »