Home

Dynasty Thoughts / Tips / Etc.

This is a discussion on Dynasty Thoughts / Tips / Etc. within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2018, 01:36 PM   #1
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Dynasty Thoughts / Tips / Etc.

For those that like create-a-teams.... DID YOU KNOW that Santa Clara used to have a team? In the 30's and 40's they were actually a powerhouse. They are 3-0 in bowl games.

'36 Sugar Bowl - LSU
'37 Sugar Bowl - LSU
'49 Orange Bowl - Kentucky

UH, I had no idea! They have cool colors, a cool logo, and I think there is a story to be woven here about tech money and a new stadium blah blah blah.....

Just a thought. I personally like the real teams, but this could be really cool for somebody.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_...oncos_football
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2018, 01:41 PM   #2
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Offer to do photos of players or Coaches with ElGato in NCAA 14

A lot of people don't want to do a dynasty because they get concerned that theirs might not look like some others.

That is a topic of its own. Forget that many people started doing these reports up to 20 years ago and certainly they looked nothing like today. Some of the best reports have little to no graphics so regardless if you find it fun, you should consider doing it.

While I can't do anything on a game-by-game basis, I can offer to get say, several different photos of a given player or players for people to use in their report here and there. For example, you have a star player that won the Heisman and you want to do a writeup on him as he leaves the school, I can get some photos of him in action, or your coach, whatever the case may be, I'd like to help people...

Just hit me up via Private Message if I can be of assistance in that way, avoid giving me a laundry list of course... Don't have a ton of time, but it would be my absolute pleasure to help out in a limited way.
Old 12-29-2018, 05:50 PM   #3
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Re: Offer to do photos of players or Coaches with ElGato in NCAA 14

Throwing this idea to the wind

If I were creating a dynasty team today, I would not name it after myself (or grandpa lol). I feel like the most interesting, cool, and "chisable" assistant coach right now is UW defensive coordinator Jimmy Lake. Love the things he says and does. Love his ability to recruit, and coach great defense.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sport...223719120.html

"Lake’s personality is always on full display during the Apple Cup. After the Huskies defeated Washington State in November, he didn’t hesitate to offer his opinion on the Cougars’ game plan.

“Maybe next year, they’ll throw us a curveball,” he said then. “It makes it very easy when you know what you’re going to get. It’s awesome.”"
Old 12-29-2018, 07:37 PM   #4
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dynasty Thoughts / Tips / Etc.

Just some rambling...….

Don't do a report to gather readers. Do a report because YOU want to do a report. Make it about something you enjoy, because that will help you continue it instead of losing interest. For instance, I have fond memories of the 90's and early 2000's. That is why I am doing two throwback franchises because that is the type of football I grew up on.

Before even starting, gather up a few different type of formats you will like to do. In my Panthers 'chise, I made the mistake of doing stuff on the fly and I had to change several styles before deciding to go with the format I have in my Green Bay 'chise. Whenever I start reporting on the Panthers franchise again, I will switch it to the format I am doing currently.

Do not worry about replies. I do not have many replies in my threads, but I know people are viewing which means they are taking interest in my franchises. If they want to reply, so be it but I do not worry over it. These franchises are for everyone to enjoy, but mainly because I enjoy doing them.

I'll add some more to this when I can think of it, but this is just what I have so far.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:30 AM   #5
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Re: Dynasty Thoughts / Tips / Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
Just some rambling...….

Don't do a report to gather readers. Do a report because YOU want to do a report. Make it about something you enjoy, because that will help you continue it instead of losing interest. For instance, I have fond memories of the 90's and early 2000's. That is why I am doing two throwback franchises because that is the type of football I grew up on.

Before even starting, gather up a few different type of formats you will like to do. In my Panthers 'chise, I made the mistake of doing stuff on the fly and I had to change several styles before deciding to go with the format I have in my Green Bay 'chise. Whenever I start reporting on the Panthers franchise again, I will switch it to the format I am doing currently.

Do not worry about replies. I do not have many replies in my threads, but I know people are viewing which means they are taking interest in my franchises. If they want to reply, so be it but I do not worry over it. These franchises are for everyone to enjoy, but mainly because I enjoy doing them.

I'll add some more to this when I can think of it, but this is just what I have so far.
I could not agree more.

Last edited by Hellisan; 01-05-2019 at 02:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »