Home

Dynasty HoF or Best of?

This is a discussion on Dynasty HoF or Best of? within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2020, 02:28 PM   #9
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Dynasty HoF or Best of?

I messaged one of the mods (jeremym) who would be happy to sticky whatever we create once we have more clarity.

In addition to that, I really only evangelized this idea in the basketball sub-forum and many folks don't check dynasty HQ. Should we put threads in the other subforums asking for input and ideas, and then I can take those and put together proposals?

And if so, do any of you spend time in some of the other subforums and have rapport or understanding with the folks there? (I've primarily done bball dynasties, though I have also read several football ones)

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:03 PM   #10
炭治郎

kibaxx7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
I really only evangelized this idea in the basketball sub-forum and many folks don't check dynasty HQ. Should we put threads in the other subforums asking for input and ideas, and then I can take those and put together proposals?

Oh for sure! I've always been a fan of basketball, also soccer (it's huge in South America as you all know). Never followed football or baseball so I don't check those, but there must definitely be a discussion in all possible subforums.
Blazing Saddles (1974), Signs (2002), The Other (1972) ×
Old 03-26-2020, 08:50 AM   #11
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

I think it would be a good idea to have a sticky at the top of each of the individual forums that are HoF, etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2020, 10:39 AM   #12
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

It would be nice to hear from some of the football, baseball, and other dynasty guys. Even though us hoop dynasty guys might be the coolest would love to hear their thoughts.

I totally agree, this site has had some timeless dynasties that deserve to be honored. The biggest that comes to mind is the Coach Frizzell dynasty which has been going on 12 years. Many dynasties after they go on for awhile the creator starts to slack on content and details but Superjames has continued to put effort, creativity, and details into his dynasty for twelve years.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:58 AM   #13
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderxx7
Oh for sure! I've always been a fan of basketball, also soccer (it's huge in South America as you all know). Never followed football or baseball so I don't check those, but there must definitely be a discussion in all possible subforums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsJunkie
I think it would be a good idea to have a sticky at the top of each of the individual forums that are HoF, etc...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolePlayer
It would be nice to hear from some of the football, baseball, and other dynasty guys. Even though us hoop dynasty guys might be the coolest would love to hear their thoughts.

I totally agree, this site has had some timeless dynasties that deserve to be honored. The biggest that comes to mind is the Coach Frizzell dynasty which has been going on 12 years. Many dynasties after they go on for awhile the creator starts to slack on content and details but Superjames has continued to put effort, creativity, and details into his dynasty for twelve years.
Great feedback and ideas. I'll make a post in the other subforums soon (unless one of you wants to do one of the subforums) pointing them here to give feedback (or they can give it there).

I totally agree that we should have stickies in each subforum, I think it would be really valuable for newcomers or for people looking for inspiration.

Old 03-30-2020, 07:07 PM   #14
MVP

studbucket's Arena

After thinking on this more and posting in a few more sub-forums, it feels like people generally think this is a good idea. I'd like to propose a nomination and selection process.

Cadence: 12 months

Hall of Fame: Permanent sticky in each dynasty subforum

Nomination process
  • Post a stickied thread at the top of each dynasty sub-forum, calling for nominations
  • Survey created via SurveyMonkey, that link is included in stickied post. Survey asks for the following:
    • Your OS username
    • Three nominations, which include
      • Link to dynasty
      • Name of the dynasty
      • Author of the dynasty
      • Reason for the nomination
    • Any additional feedback or comments folks have
  • Leave nominations open for 2 weeks
  • Remove sticky from nomination threads
  • Spend 1 week tabulating nominations and put together a list of the top 10 most nominated dynasties. (if there are ties, include more than 10 options. For instance if 8 dynasties receive 5+ nominations but 4 receive 3 nominations, we'd include all 4 of them for 12 total)
  • Archive all nominees for recognition and future reference. It's a big deal to get nominated
Selection process
  • Create new stickied threads in each subforum, list out each nominee with a brief blurb on what it is why it was nominated.
  • Include link to SurveyMonkey survey which has a list of the nominees (which are shown in a different/random order to all survey respondents to limit biases based on order).
  • Respondents pick 3 from that list, along with optional text field to detail their thoughts on what they chose (and include their OS username).
  • Voting period lasts 2 weeks, at the end of it we induct the top 3 vote-getters into the Hall of Fame
  • They get added to stickied thread, and maybe we can even add a post where we interview them and get details on what they did.

Possible concern: people stuffing the ballot box. Unsure how to mitigate.

Old 04-02-2020, 02:01 PM   #15
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Brilliant idea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2020, 05:12 PM   #16
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
After thinking on this more and posting in a few more sub-forums, it feels like people generally think this is a good idea. I'd like to propose a nomination and selection process.

Cadence: 12 months

Hall of Fame: Permanent sticky in each dynasty subforum

Nomination process
  • Post a stickied thread at the top of each dynasty sub-forum, calling for nominations
  • Survey created via SurveyMonkey, that link is included in stickied post. Survey asks for the following:
    • Your OS username
    • Three nominations, which include
      • Link to dynasty
      • Name of the dynasty
      • Author of the dynasty
      • Reason for the nomination
    • Any additional feedback or comments folks have
  • Leave nominations open for 2 weeks
  • Remove sticky from nomination threads
  • Spend 1 week tabulating nominations and put together a list of the top 10 most nominated dynasties. (if there are ties, include more than 10 options. For instance if 8 dynasties receive 5+ nominations but 4 receive 3 nominations, we'd include all 4 of them for 12 total)
  • Archive all nominees for recognition and future reference. It's a big deal to get nominated
Selection process
  • Create new stickied threads in each subforum, list out each nominee with a brief blurb on what it is why it was nominated.
  • Include link to SurveyMonkey survey which has a list of the nominees (which are shown in a different/random order to all survey respondents to limit biases based on order).
  • Respondents pick 3 from that list, along with optional text field to detail their thoughts on what they chose (and include their OS username).
  • Voting period lasts 2 weeks, at the end of it we induct the top 3 vote-getters into the Hall of Fame
  • They get added to stickied thread, and maybe we can even add a post where we interview them and get details on what they did.

Possible concern: people stuffing the ballot box. Unsure how to mitigate.
I would say for ballot stuffing, etc. Let someone nominate 3 total, at most one of their own and they have to vote for up to 4 and can't duplicate. Not sure how survey monkey works so not sure if that's an option. If everyone is comfortable with it, maybe they can inbox you the votes or something similar.

Just an idea. Like I said, I have no idea how survey monkey works.

Like the idea.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »