Home

What Type Of Coach Will You Be?

This is a discussion on What Type Of Coach Will You Be? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-29-2024, 08:50 PM   #9
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Type Of Coach Will You Be?

If they implement it correctly, while it’s very easy to say we would want a recruiting offensive coordinator, having a freshmen qb might call for a motivating offensive coordinator. Especially if the team around him is good for composure and away games. May call for some interesting decisions
Old 05-29-2024, 09:22 PM   #10
Rookie

Razor Hogs's Arena

I will take after Sam Pittman and be a Motivator lol.

Our OC is Bobby Petrino and he resembles a Tactician.

Our DC is Travis Williams and I will make him a Recruiter I think.

So excited for this game, I am absolutely loving all this news!!

Arkansas Razorbacks
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions
Old 05-29-2024, 09:41 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I do wonder for OC and DC how much of an impact their coach type is. So if your OC is Recruiter coach, is his recruiting impact as strong as a HC who's a recruiter. Or a DC who's a Motivator. Or are their impact locked to their side of the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2024, 09:01 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I do wonder for OC and DC how much of an impact their coach type is. So if your OC is Recruiter coach, is his recruiting impact as strong as a HC who's a recruiter. Or a DC who's a Motivator. Or are their impact locked to their side of the ball.
I'm thinking it will be less so maybe the head coach allows you a extra 10 hours a week for recruiting. I could see the OC/DC being like 5. Did they specifically say if OC/DC will have recruiting skill trees ?
Old 05-30-2024, 09:03 AM   #13
Rookie

Remogunz247's Arena

I will be a Tactician now with the ability to poach coaches, aka (Deion it, sorry, Prime lol). I will be able to find the coaches to recruit. It might change once I touch the game and get a feel for it
Old 05-30-2024, 09:31 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I will 100% end up doing dynasties as each one, but starting out, I like the idea of being a tactician that specializes on one side of the ball. If custom playbooks are done well and actually work, then I will more than likely go down that route and make an offensive tactician first. If the system is the same as Madden's and awful to use, I may go with a motivator first with recruiting coordinators and just plan to out talent everyone eventually.

I can't wait to see the skill trees and their impact on the gameplay. Hopefully the game is truly challenging and these skill trees make a difference that can truly be felt without being overpowered.

― Plato
Old 05-30-2024, 09:37 AM   #15
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Typical me would build out a coaching staff that is balanced, having one of each. I wonder how powerful it would be to have all of your coaches giving your players in-game bonuses. While you aren't a top recruiter, you could try to poach some of the best 3* and 4* prospects that are flying under the radar and having those bonuses make them play better than their ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2024, 09:40 AM   #16
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I will 100% end up doing dynasties as each one, but starting out, I like the idea of being a tactician that specializes on one side of the ball. If custom playbooks are done well and actually work, then I will more than likely go down that route and make an offensive tactician first. If the system is the same as Madden's and awful to use, I may go with a motivator first with recruiting coordinators and just plan to out talent everyone eventually.

I can't wait to see the skill trees and their impact on the gameplay. Hopefully the game is truly challenging and these skill trees make a difference that can truly be felt without being overpowered.
I think the fact that skill trees can't be maxed out, and you can't be good at everything is a good start. I hope if not this year, then in the coming years, we'll be able to see regression based on mediocre results. If you aren't producing on the field or in recruiting then your coach ratings take a hit and it's hard for you to "find" high level jobs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »